NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which NFL QB will fold in the playoffs? The matchup must be considered.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look at their physique. You do know what HGH is, right? This is like saying Brady, Marino, and others with no physical attributes are on it.

Have you ever looked at Peyton Manning's neck?

r-PEYTON-MANNING-STEM-CELL-large570.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which NFL QB will fold in the playoffs? The matchup must be considered.

The playoffs feature a number of QB's with Super Bowl rings.

Tom Brady (4)
Ben Roethlisberger (2)
Peyton Manning (1)
Russell Wilson (1)
Aaron Rogers (1)

Also; Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Wilson have a combined 5 Super Bowl loses to go with their combined 8 Super Bowl wins.

So, they have a lot of experience. Therefore, other than Mr. One-And-Done (Peyton Manning), I'll be surprised if the others do a "one-and-done"

BTW:

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rogers combined, have less "one-and-done's" than Peyton Manning.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
10 years ago, the Steelers played the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL

Today, not one member of that 2005 Seahawks' team is on the Seahawks' roster.

The Steelers still have 4 players from that 2005 Super Bowl winning team on their roster today:

1) Ben Roethlisberger
2) Heath Miller
3) James Harrison
4) Greg Warren

Since then, both teams have played in two more Super Bowls, both going 1-1

Today, both the Seahawks and Steelers are the #6 seeds in their conferences.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Tom Brady (4)
Ben Roethlisberger (2)
Peyton Manning (1)
Russell Wilson (1)
Aaron Rogers (1)

Also; Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Wilson have a combined 5 Super Bowl loses to go with their combined 8 Super Bowl wins.

So, they have a lot of experience. Therefore, other than Mr. One-And-Done (Peyton Manning), I'll be surprised if the others do a "one-and-done"

BTW:

Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rogers combined, have less "one-and-done's" than Peyton Manning.
If one and done was a drink you'd be an alcoholic...and about as rational on the point. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The first one was funny.

Glavine, Smoltz, Maddux. Three hall of fame pitchers on the same team.

One ring.

Teams win rings. Players do their job.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What's the alternative? The fellow who was making the claim has backtracked and there's nothing to corroborate the earlier claim.

So one denial and some "facts" that are actually exposed as "lies" are all it takes to make a potential scandal in the NFL go away.

I think the league missed that memo, pal.:rolleyes:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Tom Brady (4)

For those first three early in his career he was no where near the player he is now. He was just above mediocre. I am not sure he still has a chip on his shoulder regarding getting caught cheating. Right now I favor Ben and Brown over Brady and Gronk. And I am not sure either can get it done in Denver regardless of QB. I am not suggesting a spanking like the Pats took in Denver 2 seasons ago. The Pats are playing much better now. But I think I favor Denver over both. It should be good either way.

Granite

Hall of Fame
For those first three early in his career he was no where near the player he is now. He was just above mediocre.

'04 he was starting to hit his stride, but '07 was the first time anyone saw what he was really capable of. Having the best pure wide receiver and best slot receiver in the game certainly helped things.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So one denial and some "facts" that are actually exposed as "lies" are all it takes to make a potential scandal in the NFL go away.
Potential scandal? There's nothing there. A retracted claim and no other evidence. There's no reason to give a fellow credibility who has already destroyed it absent more.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Potential scandal? There's nothing there. A retracted claim and no other evidence. There's no reason to give a fellow credibility who has already destroyed it absent more.

Sure there is. But it seems apparent the league has zero interest in investigating this in any way, shape, or form.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...lie-sly-regarding-peyton-manning-allegations/

I don't care if the guy used HGH or not, but it's against the rules. Right? But since it's Peyton, all the league needs to hear is a "nope, not me, boys," and that's the end of it. I don't care if the man used. I do care about the double standard.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I live in Denver and I really have no idea what to think. The Broncos could come out and dominate like they did against the Packers or they could tank like they did against the Chiefs. I don't really have a gut-feel for how this is going to go.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sure there is.
Sounds like an embarrassed news source covering its hindquarters. They thought their first source was credible.

How'd that work out?

But it seems apparent the league has zero interest in investigating this in any way, shape, or form.
:idunno: I don't know what they did or didn't do behind the scenes or are or aren't doing or why. Maybe the embarrassment they've suffered with Brady is making them shy of digging in.

I don't care if the guy used HGH or not
I do. If he did and anything comes up that proves it he should suffer the consequences and embarrassment that come with it. I might be sympathetic to a guy late in his career, looking to sustain his career, but it wouldn't change the result.

, but it's against the rules. Right?
Exactly, which is why I said, in my first response, if it's proven then nail him to a wall for it like you would the next guy.

But since it's Peyton, all the league needs to hear is a "nope, not me, boys," and that's the end of it.
Well, more than that. They heard the guy who made the accusation recant publicly and no one else has stepped forward to make it.

I don't care if the man used. I do care about the double standard.
I don't think there is one. I think with Brady it's a very different set of circumstances with the league believing it had evidence in hand that violated the rules and reasonably indicated Brady. That coupled with the teams recent track record made suspicion more reasonable than it would be in a case where there's A) no smoking gun in hand and B) no credible testimony in support.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I live in Denver and I really have no idea what to think. The Broncos could come out and dominate like they did against the Packers or they could tank like they did against the Chiefs. I don't really have a gut-feel for how this is going to go.

The Broncos announced today that Peyton Manning will start, and be their QB in the playoffs.

That's good news and bad news for Bronco fans.

On one hand you have one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, and on the other hand you have the QB who has more than twice as many (plus one) "one-and-done's" than any other QB.

To date, Peyton has two "one-and-done's" as a Bronco, in just three years.

I'm just hoping it's my Steelers who play your Broncos.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Broncos announced today that Peyton Manning will start, and be their QB in the playoffs.

That's good news and bad news for Bronco fans.
Good news if he's healthy enough to plant. Bad news if that changes.

On one hand you have one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, and on the other hand you have the QB who has more than twice as many (plus one) "one-and-done's" than any other QB.
Sweet mother McGee you're married to that one. :plain: Seriously, you should just put it in your signature or make it a motto.

I'm just hoping it's my Steelers who play your Broncos.
You have no idea how much I agree with that one. :D

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have no idea how much I agree with that one. :D

Well....if the Bengals win, Denver gets the KC/Houston winner.

If I were a Bronco's fan, I guess I would hope for Houston over Pitt and KC.

But then again, Pittsburgh's defense is terrible compared to KC's and Houston's.

So, maybe Bronco's fans are hoping for Pittsburgh?

Where are all the Bronco's fans to let us know who they want the Broncos to play in the Divisional Round? Pitt, KC, or Houston?

Status
Not open for further replies.