NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Money on Shanahan getting another shot at a HC job if he's as interested as I'm reading.

The knock on Shanahan is that in the 14 seasons since Elway retired, Shanahan has one playoff victory.

Also, I think he would be the oldest, or second oldest coach at 63

Which brings up Coughlin. He's 69, and has missed the postseason 6 out of his last 7 years.

I just don't see why a franchise would hire either coach.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The game time temperature for Seattle @ Minnesota is forecasted to be -1 degree.

Other forecasts have the temperature colder, and some reaching -10 before the game is over.

Currently the over/under is 41 points.

I don't see 41 points being scored in sub-zero temperatures.

Also, I think this weather helps the Vikings chances.

650x366_01061841_page.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sounds like an embarrassed news source covering its hindquarters. They thought their first source was credible.

Did the media care about credible sources reporting or evidence during Deflategate?

I don't know what they did or didn't do behind the scenes or are or aren't doing or why. Maybe the embarrassment they've suffered with Brady is making them shy of digging in.

Wouldn't that be convenient.:rolleyes:

I do. If he did and anything comes up that proves it he should suffer the consequences and embarrassment that come with it. I might be sympathetic to a guy late in his career, looking to sustain his career, but it wouldn't change the result.

Sympathetic, absolutely, and I think it's rotten he had to go overseas to seek treatment not available here.

Well, more than that. They heard the guy who made the accusation recant publicly and no one else has stepped forward to make it.

They have another source, they keep reporting on it, and the American press is loath to keep poking at this. Nobody's even asking if he used; they're simply taking his denial as gospel. Where's a single torch or pitchfork?

I think with Brady it's a very different set of circumstances with the league believing it had evidence in hand that violated the rules and reasonably indicated Brady.

Which they didn't. Which didn't prevent them from leaking bogus info to their media puppets to keep the story alive.

That coupled with the teams recent track record

Which (officially at least) has no bearing on their decision that Brady personally was culpable of orchestrating a scheme; had nothing whatsoever to do with the team's previous indiscretion.

made suspicion more reasonable than it would be in a case where there's A) no smoking gun in hand and B) no credible testimony in support.

Which is exactly the case with Deflategate. That Goodell determined the infraction to be comparable to PED use makes the double standard even more galling.

From now on "Nope, nothing to see" will just be the Peyton Standard. I can only imagine how well that explanation would go over if Gisele got some HGH in the mail.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The knock on Shanahan is that in the 14 seasons since Elway retired, Shanahan has one playoff victory.

How many times has he had a 2000 yard rusher and scored 500 points since that season? The NFL changed the rules because of him, as he was circumventing the salary cap. You probably know how he did it. And it wasn't hard to just sign Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Bill Romanowski, Mark Schlereth, Paul Zimmerman, Tony Jones, and still pay Elway and Davis market rates. Those teams were stacked.

Many coaches can do it if the owner can pony up, but the NFL doesn't let it happen now. I even think Jeff Fisher a coach with a career of mediocrity surrounded by one Super Bowl loss can do it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Houston's defense is keeping them in it so far. Both offenses are moving the ball at times but can't close the deal. I'm very thankful for that opening kickoff return TD.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, I thought I'd already done this, but prior to the pages of Manning business...

Wild Card games...

KC @ Hou: the Chiefs are a 3.5 favorite to come away from Houston with a win. I have no idea...dead even, coin flip. I could see a close Houston win or a KC by fourteen. I'm going to say KC gets it done and hats off to a Houston team still in need of a few skill position helps for making it this far.

Pit @ Cin: the Steelers are an early 2.5 favorite. I think it goes the other way and ends up closer to 23-26 Cin. Injuries won't leave the Steelers alone and Cin has proven they can win with AJ, if not as decisively.

Sea @ Min: the surging Seahawks are a 6 point favorite over the team that no one seems to want to like. Before the stumble against SL, at Seattle, I liked the trajectory of Seattle. The Vikings have been playing close or better football against everyone. Seattle isn't as good as the Arz game and the Vikings aren't as much of an afterthought as everyone seems eager to make them. I have the same sort of feeling with this one that I do with KC (with Seattle playing the KC role), but I'm going to take Seattle because I have no real faith in Bridgewater after the debacle against an anything but powerhouse GB defense.

GB @ Was: what a difference half a season makes. Washington is a 1.5 favorite over the Packers. And they've earned the averages here. Rodgers looks shaken of late and Cousins is making a case that Shanahan was right about him and this is Washington's next big deal at the position. Washington in a dogfight.

My model has it:

KC 23 - 17

Cin 26 - 23

Sea 23 - 20

GB 28 - 27

Granite

Hall of Fame
Would you rather have Cincy or KC?

I think either Lewis or Reid provides an equal opportunity for a deer in the headlights clock mismanagement stupid challenge moment coupled with a quarterback not smart enough to recognize he's about to get dismembered on live TV by Hightower, Chandler, and Collins. Sooo...either's fine by me.:chuckle:

On the whole, probably Cincinnati though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your model ? Do you do computer generated models ?
I had a more complicated mathematical model that I put together by hand for years. I don't have the time for it (or level of interest to invest) these days, but I still have a shorthand version that works more often than not.

Or are they simply your predictions ?
No, I gave my predictions. Sometimes I run against the model. The model is what my math tells me is the most likely in a range of scores. KC did a little better than I thought, though mostly because Houston simply imploded. The qb situation undid their averages. Horrible day under center for Houston. I thought it was going to be closer than the model this time, by way of.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Remember that Monday night when we stomped you guys? :devil:

Yeah, it was the best thing to happen to us that regular season.:chuckle:

"And Kansas City has just angered the most competitive coach and quarterback in the world. The rest of the league extends its thanks to the Chiefs."

Status
Not open for further replies.