NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anybody wanna touch the Peyton HGH story, or are we just not going there?:noid:

Sure

Peyton hasn't denied that his wife received illegal shipments of HGH to their home.

If true, why would his wife need HGH, and why would she obtain it illegally?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sure

Peyton hasn't denied that his wife received illegal shipments of HGH to their home.

If true, why would his wife need HGH, and why would she obtain it illegally?

I suppose we should take Peyton at his word and just assume nothing untoward happened at all. After all, jumping to conclusions and going into hysterics would be uncalled for. Right? I mean he's only accused of using a PED. Which would be a big deal if true. No, we'll just take him at his word.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suppose we should take Peyton at his word and just assume nothing untoward happened at all.

If HGH was indeed shipped to the Manning home, it's not good, but really not good for Peyton if it was he that took it.

A lot of women take HGH when they get older and start to lose muscle and gain fat. His wife is around 40, and that's about when it starts.

So, if HGH was shipped to the home, it would be really bad if Peyton was the one taking it, but if it was his wife, it's just a little embarrassing for her, I guess.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If HGH was indeed shipped to the Manning home, it's not good, but really not good for Peyton if it was he that took it.

A lot of women take HGH when they get older and start to lose muscle and gain fat. His wife is around 40, and that's about when it starts.

So, if HGH was shipped to the home, it would be really bad if Peyton was the one taking it, but if it was his wife, it's just a little embarrassing for her, I guess.

The sanctimonious response to this boils down to: "Well, it's Peyton. And Peyton just wouldn't do something like that."

He'll get the benefit of the doubt, unlike somebody else.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I suppose we should take Peyton at his word and just assume nothing untoward happened at all. After all, jumping to conclusions and going into hysterics would be uncalled for. Right? I mean he's only accused of using a PED. Which would be a big deal if true. No, we'll just take him at his word.

Yeah, like Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez. Roger Clemens too. Shoot, all of them didn't do it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The sanctimonious response to this boils down to: "Well, it's Peyton. And Peyton just wouldn't do something like that."

He'll get the benefit of the doubt, unlike somebody else.

If it was Tom Brady, there would be US Senators, Governors, and Congressmen demanding an investigation.

Roger Goodell would have a special committee set up by now.

The US Justice Department would be sent to Boston.

The FBI, IRS, CIA, and Homeland Security would be involved.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If it was Tom Brady, there would be US Senators, Governors, and Congressmen demanding an investigation.

Roger Goodell would have a special committee set up by now.

The US Justice Department would be sent to Boston.

The FBI, IRS, CIA, and Homeland Security would be involved.

Been there, done that...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's the alternative? The fellow who was making the claim has backtracked and there's nothing to corroborate the earlier claim.

Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, ARod, etc......all denied it at first.
Sure. The guilty and the innocent are going to say the same thing, but with the others there were reasons to suspect it. Nothing in Peyton's play or appearance that suggests it and, again, nothing corroborative in any sense really.

If that changes, nail him to the wall like you do anyone else and for the same reason.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
FiveThirtyEight gives KC a 61% chance to win this weekend. :banana:

Which means we're going to lose. :noid:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's kinda scary winning so many games in a row. I think sometimes the players begin to lose their edge.

If I were a KC fan I would be worried. For your sake money I hope I'm wrong.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's kinda scary winning so many games in a row. I think sometimes the players begin to lose their edge.
I agree. And I'm afraid that a big reason we are on the streak is a weak schedule to end the season. We'll find out soon.

If I were a KC fan I would be worried. For your sake money I hope I'm wrong.
I am worried. And thanks. :cheers: I'll be honest, I don't think I could say the same thing about the Broncos. :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

It's a pick'em game. A lot of places, like Caesars, are going with a fg advantage for your boys. Some are making it a 3.5.

I have it a dead heat. But to my mind that gives your coaching the edge. I went with Houston, but only on the 3.5 line.

I'll be honest, I don't think I could say the same thing about the Broncos. :noid:
Which is one more reason to not be upset by an upset. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It's a pick'em game. A lot of places, like Caesars, are going with a fg advantage for your boys. Some are making it a 3.5.

I have it a dead heat. But to my mind that gives your coaching the edge. I went with Houston, but only on the 3.5 line.
Another article I read today was about each team's weakness and their 'kryptonite', the team they absolutely wouldn't want to face. He said the KC's kryptonite was Houston. :eek: His reasoning was that KC does a lot of short passes and Houston is good at defending that. I think that was the only matchup this weekend where a team will face their kryptonite.

Interestingly, he said KC was the kryptonite for several other teams, but I didn't have time to read all the details.

Which is one more reason to not be upset by an upset. :eek:
:mmph:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, ARod, etc......all denied it at first.

Look at their physique. You do know what HGH is, right? This is like saying Brady, Marino, and others with no physical attributes are on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.