NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In League news, the Rams submitted their application to the NFL to re-locate to LA.

The 2 team stadium deal of the Chargers/Raiders also applied for LA . I'm not sure how that works with 2 teams, although i know they would have to schedule games around the stadium

Granite

Hall of Fame
In League news, the Rams submitted their application to the NFL to re-locate to LA.

The 2 team stadium deal of the Chargers/Raiders also applied for LA . I'm not sure how that works with 2 teams, although i know they would have to schedule games around the stadium

Do they honestly expect the Chargers and Raiders to share a stadium?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do they honestly expect the Chargers and Raiders to share a stadium?

It sounds too cumbersome, although it would guarantee a game every week of the season. I personally think the Rams get the nod because they have the most land and will build 2 billion in retail space and a 1 billion plus stadium. The Rams owner Kroenke has been planning this for over a decade.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure how that works with 2 teams, although i know they would have to schedule games around the stadium

The Jets and Giants share the same stadium, however, they only play each other every 3 years.

The Raiders and Chargers play each other 2 times each year.

I would think that since they play each other twice a year, it would make it easier from a scheduling standpoint than the Jets/Giants.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It sounds too cumbersome, although it would guarantee a game every week of the season. I personally think the Rams get the nod because they have the most land and will build 2 billion in retail space and a 1 billion plus stadium. The Rams owner Kroenke has been planning this for over a decade.

Cumbersome? It sounds more like an invitation to a brawl. These two fan bases aren't exactly fond of each other. Like tet pointed out, there's little crossover at the Meadowlands.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Cumbersome? It sounds more like an invitation to a brawl. These two fan bases aren't exactly fond of each other. Like tet pointed out, there's little crossover at the Meadowlands.

I thought about the fan base friction and both sets of fans would be playing a home game when they played, it's like having the Red Sox and Yankees in the same stadium. That's another reason the Rams have the edge IMO, maybe the St. Louis Chargers or St. Louis Raiders are next.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Rams owner Kroenke has been planning this for over a decade.

He knows moving the team quadruples the value. Buy low, sell high. He can sell the team in LA or get funding based on assets for 2 billion instead of only 500 million.

The owners have to approve, and this move is not in the best interest of football or the NFL. That doesn't mean they won't approve it.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It makes sense for the Rams to move back to LA.

That way the Chargers and Raiders stay where they are, and LA has its Rams again (who they first had in 1946)

St. Louis has shown that it is a baseball city, and doesn't support the Rams.

When the Steelers played the Rams in St. Louis earlier this season, there were more Steeler's fans in the stadium than Ram's fans.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Raiders fan is all for it. Then he can stab some more people.
:chuckle: Okay, that's the first time I've laughed out loud reading a bit around here in days. :thumb:

What I'd heard/read earlier is that most of the owners are in agreement on SD but split broadly on the other two teams.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wild Card games...

KC @ Hou: the Chiefs are a 3.5 favorite to come away from Houston with a win. I have no idea...dead even, coin flip. I could see a close Houston win or a KC by fourteen. I'm going to say KC gets it done and hats off to a Houston team still in need of a few skill position helps for making it this far.

Pit @ Cin: the Steelers are an early 2.5 favorite. I think it goes the other way and ends up closer to 23-26 Cin. Injuries won't leave the Steelers alone and Cin has proven they can win with AJ, if not as decisively.

Sea @ Min: the surging Seahawks are a 6 point favorite over the team that no one seems to want to like. Before the stumble against SL, at Seattle, I liked the trajectory of Seattle. The Vikings have been playing close or better football against everyone. Seattle isn't as good as the Arz game and the Vikings aren't as much of an afterthought as everyone seems eager to make them. I have the same sort of feeling with this one that I do with KC (with Seattle playing the KC role), but I'm going to take Seattle because I have no real faith in Bridgewater after the debacle against an anything but powerhouse GB defense.

GB @ Was: what a difference half a season makes. Washington is a 1.5 favorite over the Packers. And they've earned the averages here. Rodgers looks shaken of late and Cousins is making a case that Shanahan was right about him and this is Washington's next big deal at the position. Washington in a dogfight.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Blast from the past;

Raiders on death row

And if you think that can't be true, think again. I was also wondering if he was the only one. Nope.

According to the Associated Press, when Warden Carson McWilliams asked Comer if he had any last words, the California native replied: “Yes, go Raiders.”

Comer, 50, was sentenced to death for the 1987 murder of a fellow camper at Apache Lake east of Phoenix. He also was convicted of repeatedly raping a female camper that night, once in front of her boyfriend.​

In case anybody thinks we shouldn't have the death penalty....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Washington is a 1.5 favorite over the Packers.

I was surprised at that line.

I thought this was going to be the second time all four wild card teams were favored.

The last time was the 2008 season.

Indy was favored @ San Diego, but lost
Baltimore was favored @ Miami, and won
Atlanta was favored @ Arizona, and lost
Philadelphia was favored @ Minnesota, and won

So, the wildcard teams went 2-2 in 2008, when all four were favored.

P.S. Did I mention that the 12-4 Colts (with Peyton Manning at QB) were favored, but lost in the first round to the 8-8 Chargers in 2008?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
P.S. Did I mention that the 12-4 Colts (with Peyton Manning at QB) were favored, but lost in the first round to the 8-8 Chargers in 2008?

Did you notice that the Colts went 24-6 in Manning's final two seasons, and 2-14 when he was hurt? :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah the Rams should move back.

Not only do I wish the Rams would go back to LA, I wish they would play in the Coliseum.

The Coliseum is one of the coolest stadiums ever:

los-angeles-coliseum.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you notice the Colts went 11-5 the next year with a rookie QB?
After someone blew up a lot of what ailed them and the rookie in question was one touted as the best to enter the league since Elway? Started his rookie season with a promising but not overwhelming 76 qbr, twenty three tds to 18 ints. Or, the team was appreciably better, while he contributed a solid portion of the offensive performance. Yes, after a major overhaul in personnel, jettisoning fifteen players and adding seventeen, and significantly altering the coaching staff? Sure. Give up 43 fewer points and score 114 more points and you're going to win again.

:plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.