NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Division rivals will face off. Pittsburgh vs Cincy. :box:

My thoughts on this:

Both teams really hate each other. That always makes for a good playoff game.

Do the Steelers want to face AJ McCarron, or Andy Dalton?

Dalton has 3 One-and-Done's in a row, and is hurt, but McCarron has looked good for a first year starter.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Be interesting to see who Denver and New England pull. Somehow a final rematch--one more time, Tom and Peyton--seems less than inevitable.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Be interesting to see who Denver and New England pull. Somehow a final rematch--one more time, Tom and Peyton--seems less than inevitable.

It's simple.

If Steelers win, they go to Denver no matter what, and New England gets the Houston/Kansas City winner.

If Bengals win, they go to New England no matter what.

Do you want the Bengals or the Houston/Kansas City winner?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's simple.

If Steelers win, they go to Denver no matter what, and New England gets the Houston/Kansas City winner.

Well the Steelers, Bengals and Chiefs all won

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not sure. It's been a tough year for the Pats late. Like I said earlier in the year, for one reason or the other it's rare a team that plays that well early plays as well late. Injuries have really hurt you and the line play isn't inspiring. That said, I think you can play your way to Denver, assuming Denver holds its seed.

Would be fun to see another match up.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's simple.

I think we could handle the Bengals. Kansas City would be a tough out--they're playing great ball and they have all the confidence in the world. Houston doesn't spook me too much, although JJ Watt crumpling Brady behind that sieve of a line could absolutely happen.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Rams were in several OT games this year and lost at least 2. Also having other close games, they could have made the playoffs and been 12-4 or 11-5. The teams are not that far apart; parody.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't know. They were flat, listless, didn't even attempt to throw the ball. There was simply zero effort, not a lack of it. Very, very strange. I've seen weird ones in Miami before, and I picked the Dolphins because there's no way even at full strength the Pats were covering nine and half down there, but this was just...fishy. If you'll excuse the pun.
11-4 with a shot at 12-5 if it's a fg either way.

I wouldn't worry that much about the Pats. Miami can do that on an off night, but how many off nights has New England had in the playoffs?

According to USAtoday the Steelers will play at Cin while KC visits Houston for the wild card round.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you see Terrelle Pryor's 42 yard catch against the Steelers?

If he would have switched to WR at Ohio State, he would be one of the top WR's in the NFL.

Yes. I was watching the Steelers on Direct TV ticket and was forced to watch the Browns at the same time. He is the most talented player on that team but just hasn't been playing long enough.

Although there is more talent for the amount of winning they do. The Steelers could have some trouble considering how poorly coached the Browns are. That was awful. Redzone turnovers. Wow. I actually was sympathetic for Pryor when drew the unsportsman for having some heart.

Granite

Hall of Fame
11-4 with a shot at 12-5 if it's a fg either way.

I wouldn't worry that much about the Pats. Miami can do that on an off night, but how many off nights has New England had in the playoffs?

According to USAtoday the Steelers will play at Cin while KC visits Houston for the wild card round.

Big story will be health: Suh almost hobbled Brady early on, so #12 ankle's gonna be a hot topic, plus getting Edelman and Hightower back.

If they're healthy two weeks from now I like them against anyone at home in the first round.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He is the most talented player on that team but just hasn't been playing long enough.

That team (the Browns) fired their GM and head coach before the stadium lights went out yesterday.

Looks like they'll have the #2 pick in the draft.

If it were me, I would drop Johnny Football like a bag of dirt, and pick Lynch, Goff, or Cook.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it were me, I would drop Johnny Football like a bag of dirt, and pick Lynch, Goff, or Cook.

Goff and Cook need a year behind a seasoned vet as most do. I don't know enough about Lynch. They could both work in Pittsburgh depending on how long Ben thinks he can play.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since the Ravens fired Brian Billick, and hired Harbaugh after the 2007 season, every coaching change in the AFC North has been by the Browns:

Romeo Crennel
Eric Mangani
Pat Shurmur
Rob Chudzinski
Mike Pettine
???????????

Meanwhile, the Steelers have had 3 head coaches since 1969, and Marvin Lewis is in his 13th season at Cincy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Most of the black quarterbacks, they like running, because they're probably used to running from the law," - Dexter Manley

HERE

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you, Bills. Pittsburgh is headed to the playoffs to get number 7.

I don't know how far they can make it with the defense they have.

They finished 4-1, but look at the QB's they faced in those games:

40 year old Matt Hasselbeck
AJ McCarron
Brock Osweller
Ryan Mallett
Austin Davis

Against Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, and Carson Palmer they were 2-5

I can't see them beating a team with a good QB on the road.

However, most of the good QB's in the AFC playoffs are hurt.......so, who knows........

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/05/...-deflategate-fumbles-tom-brady-bill-belichick

Can't possibly come down to good coaching and smart players. Right?:rolleyes:
I've changed my approach and opinion on the point. I stopped listening to people sculpt how they approached fumbles and just went to the raw data. When you do that you find that New England has been, game by game, within a range of the top teams, as you'd expect, but the difference isn't that remarkable and they don't top the chart year to year.

Looking at Team Rankings data and a sample every two years from 07 and taking fumbles per game, raw.

07: NE .8, Ind .9, SD 1.1, Jack 1.1, Atl 1.1

09: Ind .7, Den .9, SD 1.0, NE 1.1, Atl 1.2

11: NO .6, Atl. .7, Car .8, NE .9, Gia 1.0

13: NE didn't make the top five

15: Car .8, Bal .8, NE .9, KC .9, Den/Pit 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.