NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe we can lure them back to St. Louis after the Rams leave.

The rest of the owners (The League) have to approve the Rams going to LA, and right now that isn't happening. That is right now, not necessarily after some heavy bags are delivered.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The rest of the owners (The League) have to approve the Rams going to LA, and right now that isn't happening. That is right now, not necessarily after some heavy bags are delivered.
What I'm reading/hearing is that SD is the done deal and that there's a real split between ownership on whether the partnered team should be SL or Oak. It's a long way from decided, outside of the Chargers. Should make for an interesting owners meeting.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
At Alabama, AJ never got to throw the ball to AJ

AJ McCarron to AJ Green :think:
It's a sign. :plain: :chuckle: So, best case scenario, he wins a game or two more and then bags the Bengals a draft pick and gets a chance to start somewhere. Hey, it wasn't dizzying, but he had a better qbr on the day than Eli, Manziel and Brady. That's not bad work for a guy who has spent most of the year holding a clipboard.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I'm reading/hearing is that SD is the done deal and that there's a real split between ownership on whether the partnered team should be SL or Oak. It's a long way from decided, outside of the Chargers. Should make for an interesting owners meeting.

What the Rams have going against them is the owner doesn't want to be in Saint Louis. There isn't some factor of LA trying to get him, he wants to move the team to LA. It is his idea. What the Rams have going is several owners already are saying they do not approve him moving the franchise from Saint Louis to anywhere.

Another word on the street is that he was worth 900 mil when he married that Wal-Mart girl. I guess it wasn't enough for him. :plain:

The Berean

The Cardinals have been a franchise since 1920.

With their win tonight, it's the first time the franchise has ever won 12 games in a season.

Prior to this season, the most wins the franchise ever had in the regular season was 11.

The Cardinals also have the best point differential in the NFL (+176). Thew Carolina Panthers are at +171. A Panthers vs Cardinals NFC title game is going to be epic.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, Cam Newton certainly has had a season for the ages. Even if he laid an egg to end it, his season has been nothing short of spectacular.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, Cam Newton certainly has had a season for the ages. Even if he laid an egg to end it, his season has been nothing short of spectacular.
Thought he was overrated and selfish going in, but I have to say that while he's as big a hotdog as I remembered in his SEC days, there's a lot more to like about him on and off the field than I credited. Good on him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Mariota is out for the season. Sad news. Their season was going nowhere but hopefully this doesn't have longer term effects on his career.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mariota is out for the season. Sad news. Their season was going nowhere but hopefully this doesn't have longer term effects on his career.
He ends the year with a 62.2% completion percentage, 2,818 yds, 7.6 average per pass, 19 tds to 10 ints and an NFL passer rating of 91.5

That's a really good rookie year.

Brady's first was similar, if you want to be hopeful in Ten.

Tom ended 2001 with a 63.9% completion, 2,843 yds, 6.9 avg, 18 td to 12 ints. and an 86.5 rating.

Rodgers? In 2008 he went 63.6, 4,038, 7.5 avg, 28 td, 13 int, 93.8 rating.

Peyton? In 1998 he went 56.7, 3,739, 6.5, 26 td, 28 int and a 71.2 rating...
The next year? 62.1, 4135, 7.8, 26 td, 15 int and a 90.7

So it will be interesting to see how the young man rebounds and builds on this start.

Meanwhile, AJ, by the old NFL reckoning is the sixth highest rated qb on the boards. It's Wilson, Palmer, Dalton, Brady, Taylor, AJ, Newton, Brees, Cousins, Smith.

Of course, AJ's sampling is relatively tiny, but here's hoping he holds serve. :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a sign. :plain: :chuckle: So, best case scenario, he wins a game or two more and then bags the Bengals a draft pick and gets a chance to start somewhere. Hey, it wasn't dizzying, but he had a better qbr on the day than Eli, Manziel and Brady. That's not bad work for a guy who has spent most of the year holding a clipboard.

AJ is going to have a very tough challenge at Denver this Sunday.

Denver's defense is pretty good.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
AJ is going to have a very tough challenge at Denver this Sunday.

Denver's defense is pretty good.
Best in the league, to my mind. A young qb killer without the right team around him. No idea how it will turn out, but it will be good for him short of an injury. It won't get any harder for him after that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Best in the league, to my mind. A young qb killer without the right team around him. No idea how it will turn out, but it will be good for him short of an injury. It won't get any harder for him after that.

I'll be rooting for Denver.

If the Steelers win their last two, and Cincy loses their last two, the Steelers win the division.

Nothing personal against AJ McCarron, but I really hope he doesn't do good his last two games at Denver and Baltimore.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know it is sad when Johnny Football never took a snap under center, made progressions or called a check down audible is the best QB the "new" Browns have had. And he missed a year in the NFL. Maybe the owner opens his checkbook and brings Ozzie Newsome "home". Although if you ask me, he would be insane to do it and tarnish what he did, especially in an all-white club.

Not to make Browns fans feel bad. I will leave that to Tet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not to make Browns fans feel bad. I will leave that to Tet.

As of today, the Browns and Titans have the two worst records in the NFL (3-11).

One of the Browns wins was against the Titans. So, if neither team wins another game, the Titans get the #1 pick next year, and the Browns the #2 pick.

The Browns have had two picks in the first round three of the last four years.

That's 7 first round picks in four years.

Why do they still suck so bad?

Exhibit A
Trent Richardson #3 overall pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.