NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As of today, the Browns and Titans have the two worst records in the NFL (3-11).

One of the Browns wins was against the Titans. So, if neither team wins another game, the Titans get the #1 pick next year, and the Browns the #2 pick.

The Browns have had two picks in the first round three of the last four years.

That's 7 first round picks in four years.

Why do they still suck so bad?

Exhibit A
Trent Richardson #3 overall pick.
Can't really blame them for Richardson. He had the ability, but something went horribly wrong between his ears. No idea what is at the root of that. Didn't get a sense of that from his Alabama days, but who knows what goes on after that sort of money and upheaval.

But running backs don't make or break you. QBs do and that's been the worst area in the Browns history, from Couch to Quin to Manziel. If you can't put something special under center you're spinning your wheels.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
that's been the worst area in the Browns history, from Couch to Quin to Manziel.

Don't forget Brandon Weeden

They had two first round picks in 2012. They took Richardson with the #3 overall pick, and Weeden with the #22 overall pick in the first round (Russell Wilson went in the 3rd round, #75 overall).

Also in 2012, Cleveland chose Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft, and gave up a 2nd round pick the next year for him. At first it looked like a great pick, but now it's not.

Gordon was suspended for most of the 2014 season, and has been suspended for all of the 2015 season.

Only in Cleveland.......

The Berean

It must be the city of Cleveland itself. The original Cleveland Browns never won a Super Bowl. Yet since moving to Baltimore they've won two Super Bowls? What's up with that? :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It must be the city of Cleveland itself. The original Cleveland Browns never won a Super Bowl. Yet since moving to Baltimore they've won two Super Bowls? What's up with that? :idunno:

Art Model was an NFL champion with Jim Brown, but only because the residue of Paul Brown was still heavy. Baltimore is still Brown's franchise, not Cleveland. Since then the dynasty has been absent. Kosar and Schottenheimer had them playing really good. But "prevent defense" and a fumble (and a shot) really drove a dagger through them.

While lamenting our own bad play it was pointed out that Bill O'Brien has the Texans at 7-7 after last years 9-7. The list of QBs he has done it with is amazing. Sure, they have the second coming of Lawrence Taylor but it is obvious to me that Fisher is more than just over rated. He just isn't good except when he inherited a good Houston Oilers franchise.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's time for your team has no chance posts.

In my travels throughout mostly the Northeast and Atlantic Coast, I have found the Philly Eagle fans are more upset than all the other disgruntled fans combined.

They really, really hate Chip Kelly

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
His gimmick offense only works with a severe athletic advantage. The field is 120 yards long, but they can stop saying they will use all of it. No they don't. The teams do not line up at the back of the endzone and sprint to the other end.

brewmama

In my travels throughout mostly the Northeast and Atlantic Coast, I have found the Philly Eagle fans are more upset than all the other disgruntled fans combined.

They really, really hate Chip Kelly

Yeah, but they are the most disgruntled fans anywhere, and frequently turn on their own.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nope, not even Wiki has it.

From bleachereport.com

"In 1998, the team installed a court and jail under the stadium run by Judge Seamus McCaffery. The fans had been so unruly that the team decided to arrest, imprison and try their fans under the stadium."

From PennState.edu

"This type of behavior led to another amazing moment in stadium history, the creation of an in-stadium jail, commonly referred to as “Eagles Court.” The court was installed in 1998—a result of several fistfights breaking out during a nationally-televised Eagles game. The move made waves, as Veterans Stadium was the only arena in the country with a courthouse, a move which seemed necessary given fans’ behavior. "

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ah man, I wrote up a full week sixteen bit and apparently didn't post it or something went awry because I'm not seeing it.

Ah, well, the short form. I took SD to spoil the line, so that's a good start.

In short:

I like Washington to upset Philly's thin 2.5 line.

Carolina should make its 7.5 line against the star-crossed Falcons.

Buffalo should be able to handle the 5.5 line and the Cowboys ably.

The Bucs are a 2.5 fav over the visiting Bears, but I like Cutler and company to rebound a little in a mild upset of Tampa.

Cleveland vs the Chiefs? The only question is whether KC can make a heavy 12.5 line. I don't see why not.

Detroit may have a tougher time of it making an 8.5 line over the woeful 49ers, but no one wins money on SF.

Houston shouldn't have any problems with a headless Ten or the meager fg line.

Miami is a fg favorite, at home, against my Colts who are so beat up I'm going to give this to the Fins in a battle of the heartless.

I like NE to make the 3.5 visiting the Jets

The Steelers should continue this year's humiliating season in Baltimore, taking another needed victory against a solid 10.5 line.

NO is a 3.5 fav over visiting Jacksonville. I'm taking the other side of it as a show of lack of faith in the Aints' defense.

GB @ Arz looks like the day's best with the Cardinals a 4.5 favorite. I look for the surge to end for the Pack here with an Arz victory.

SL has no chance at Sea, though the hefty line puts some interest in an otherwise pro forma day. 13.5 is a lot of points, but I'm in.

The Vikings are a solid team, but 6.5 over the visiting Giants is just too rich for my blood, I'm going with Eli and company to upset...well, the line at least, possibly more.

Last curious game, Bengals visit Denver a 3.5 dog. I have a feeling this should be a fg either way, so I'm taking my old Crimson Tide connection for the upset.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Steelers should continue this year's humiliating season in Baltimore, taking another needed victory against a solid 10.5 line.

The Steelers just beat the Bengals and Broncos (2 Division leaders)

You must not be that familiar with their recent history of playing "down" to really bad teams after beating good teams.

There's still time, take the points !!!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Steelers just beat the Bengals and Broncos (2 Division leaders)

You must not be that familiar with their recent history of playing "down" to really bad teams after beating good teams.

There's still time, take the points !!!!

You're reading it wrong. The humiliating season is in Baltimore. The Steelers will continue the Raven's humiliating season. I'm taking the Steelers. I've been talking them up for a while now. :cheers:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm taking the Steelers. I've been talking them up for a while now. :cheers:

That's my point.

Take the Ravens and the points.

The Steelers will play "down", and the games in Baltimore.

The Steelers have only beat the Ravens by more than 7 points three times in the last 28 games they have played each other.

You would have to go back to 2003 to find the last time the Steelers beat the Ravens by more than 7 points, and that was in Pittsburgh.

Of the previous 20 times the Steelers have played the Ravens in Baltimore, only one time did they beat the Ravens by more than 10.5 points there.

Take Baltimore and the points !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.