NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Redskins were originally the Boston Redskins

They were called the Boston Braves before Redskins and shared the baseball field when the Boston Braves(now Atlanta Braves) played in Boston.

In 1933 they moved to Fenway, so the owner changed their name to "Redskins" because it associated them with the Red Sox who they shared Fenway with.

Now, 82 years later, Progressive Liberals can't deal with their name, and are demanding it be changed.

However, congratulations to the Redskins for clinching the division last night with their win over the Eagles.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Are you kidding me Pittsburgh?
Are you kidding me New England?

:doh: :doh:

At least KC won. And Pittsburgh still has a chance for the playoffs but it's harder now. Need them to beat Cleveland and Bills to beat the Jets next week.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are you kidding me Pittsburgh?
Are you kidding me New England?
In games they needed...I was having a really good day until then.

Go figure.

At least KC won.
But in about as weak and confidence shaking a fashion as could be had...which was what I felt looking at my prediction. :mmph:

And Pittsburgh still has a chance for the playoffs but it's harder now. Need them to beat Cleveland and Bills to beat the Jets next week.
One of those looks iffy and the other doable, but given this week and most of this year...:idunno: Roll the bones.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In games they needed...I was having a really good day until then.

Go figure.
:juggle:

But in about as weak and confidence shaking a fashion as could be had...which was what I felt looking at my prediction. :mmph:
Agreed. Struggling that much against a Browns team led by Manziel doesn't build up much confidence. I'm afraid that much of this win streak has been built upon a weak schedule and they'll falter once they face a tougher opponent. But they've clinched a playoff spot and I'm happy about that. Once you're in the playoffs anything can happen.

One of those looks iffy and the other doable, but given this week and most of this year...:idunno: Roll the bones.
Yep. Pittsburgh should win but Jets will most likely win too.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep. Pittsburgh should win but Jets will most likely win too.

Sexy Rexy doesn't do well in "revenge" games.

Counting on him to beat his former team (the Jets) isn't very reassuring.

But hey, your Chiefs have clinched a postseason birth, and may still win the division.

The Berean

Are the Arizona Cardinals the best team in the NFL? Here's an odd side note. In the Cardinals 95 year history they have never lost a home playoff game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Cardinals 95 year history they have never lost a home playoff game.

:chuckle:

You're talking 4 Games.

In 95 years the Cardinals have played FOUR home post-season games.

The Patriots have had 17 home post-season games since 2001.

However, a streak is a streak, and the Cardinals will have at least one home playoff game this year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are the Arizona Cardinals the best team in the NFL? Here's an odd side note. In the Cardinals 95 year history they have never lost a home playoff game.
This week they are, barring a tremendous showing on the part of the Bengals or Denver tonight.

Hard to argue against them. They were in the small, tightly packed leaderboard before. This week? New England continues to diminish of late. KC similarly stumbled even in their win. Carolina looked mortal in a loss to the normally underperforming Falcons. The Steelers looked less like a spoiler to fear. Seattle had its momentum halted by the rarely realized potential of SL. And Arizona beat the regrouping Pack to pieces.

That leaves the two teams playing tonight. If AJ can lead Cin to a victory they reestablish their legitimacy as a contender. If Denver can hold them off it remains a "What Peyton will we get come playoff time? The Super Bowl champion or the more routine disappointment?"

It's just that kind of year, isn't it. :plain:

The Berean

:chuckle:

You're talking 4 Games.

In 95 years the Cardinals have played FOUR home post-season games.

The Patriots have had 17 home post-season games since 2001.

However, a streak is a streak, and the Cardinals will have at least one home playoff game this year.

The Cardinals are one of the least successful historic franchises in the NFL. They beat the Cowboys in a playoff game on Jan. 2, 1998 which was just their second playoff win in franchise history, and their first since 1947. The Cardinals have just six playoff wins. Three of those wins came in 2008-09 and one came in 2009-10. So in their first 87 years of existence the Cardinals had just two playoff wins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cardinals are one of the least successful historic franchises in the NFL. They beat the Cowboys in a playoff game on Jan. 2, 1998 which was just their second playoff win in franchise history, and their first since 1947.

If my math is correct, that's 2 postseason wins in 52 years.

The Browns and Bengals may give them a run for their money. The Bengals have 1 postseason win in 28 years.
The Browns have 2 postseason wins in 28 years.

That gives the state of Ohio 3 postseason wins in 28 years.

To put that in perspective, the Steelers had 4 postseason wins in one year (2005)

:mock: Ohio

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Cardinals have by far the best point differential in the NFL at +206.

But not against the stoutest of competition. I like them though. Couldn't say anyone is playing better in the last six or seven games, discounting the letdown of the 49 game, victory though it was.

The Berean

But not against the stoutest of competition. I like them though. Couldn't say anyone is playing better in the last six or seven games, discounting the letdown of the 49 game, victory though it was.

That's true. They do lead in point differential by about 40 pts. That's not insignificant. I was curious what the NFL record is for best point differential in one season. The 2007 NE Patriots had a +315 point differential. Basically the 2007 Patriots won each game by an average of just under 20 points. :noway:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But not against the stoutest of competition.

Don't forget that the Cardinals lost to the Steelers when the Steelers had Landry Jones at QB.

If they can lose to Landry Jones and the Steelers, they can lose to anybody.

Until Carson Palmer wins a big game (in the NFL), I will never consider the Cardinals a real contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.