NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Steelers seal the win. :banana:

Unfortunately they are still out of the playoffs because the Jets won too. :mmph:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Wait, CBS just showed a graphic that has Pittsburgh in the 6th seed. Don't know what about this game gives them the tie-breaker over NYJ but good news! :D

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wait, CBS just showed a graphic that has Pittsburgh in the 6th seed. Don't know what about this game gives them the tie-breaker over NYJ but good news! :D

CBS is correct.

The Steelers are now the 6 seed, and control their own destiny.

Before the Steeler's win over Denver, the Jets had a better AFC record. The Jets beat the Cowboys yesterday (NFC team) and the Steelers win over the Broncos (AFC team) now gives the Steelers the same AFC record as the Jets, but the Steelers get the tie-breaker against common opponents.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
CBS is correct.

The Steelers are now the 6 seed, and control their own destiny.

Before the Steeler's win over Denver, the Jets had a better AFC record. The Jets beat the Cowboys yesterday (NFC team) and the Steelers win over the Broncos (AFC team) now gives the Steelers the same AFC record as the Jets, but the Steelers get the tie-breaker against common opponents.

That explains it. :banana:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The AFC West is now interesting.

If Kansas City wins out, and Denver loses one of its two remaining games, the Chiefs win the division.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That was a really good game. Unless you are pulling for Denver.

I don't know how the Steelers defense was able to shut out the Broncos in the second half, but somehow they did.

When the Broncos were up by 17 points, I figured the game was over. The Broncos defense was looking great.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The AFC West is now interesting.

If Kansas City wins out, and Denver loses one of its two remaining games, the Chiefs win the division.

Chiefs could win out because they have two weak opponents but I doubt Denver will lose out. They have Cincy next week with AJ Macarron and then the weak Chargers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Carolina is having the quietist 14-0 season ever.

When the Patriots were 14-0 in 2007, it was all everyone was talking about.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Chiefs could win out because they have two weak opponents but I doubt Denver will lose out. They have Cincy next week with AJ Macarron and then the weak Chargers.

KC should win out. They have Oakland and Cleveland at home.

The pressure is on Denver.

Cincy needs next week's game really bad to secure the #2 seed, so they will be giving Denver all they got, even if it's McCarron.

BTW, McCarron's win today makes him the first Alabama QB to start an NFL game and win in 28 years.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Denver/Pittsburgh game, Antonio Brown had 189 yards and 2 TD's for the Steelers while Emmanuel Sanders had 181 yards and 1 TD for the Broncos.

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders were both drafted by the Steelers in 2010.

The Steelers drafted Sanders in the 3rd round, and then Brown in the 6th round.

I'm not sure what the Elias Sports Bureau has to say, but I'm guessing no other team in NFL history has drafted two WR's in the same draft, and had them combine for 370 yards and 3 TD's in one game.

Nobody drafts like the Steelers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In the Denver/Pittsburgh game, Antonio Brown had 189 yards and 2 TD's for the Steelers while Emmanuel Sanders had 181 yards and 1 TD for the Broncos.

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders were both drafted by the Steelers in 2010.

The Steelers drafted Sanders in the 3rd round, and then Brown in the 6th round.

I'm not sure what the Elias Sports Bureau has to say, but I'm guessing no other team in NFL history has drafted two WR's in the same draft, and had them combine for 370 yards and 3 TD's in one game.

Nobody drafts like the Steelers.

No small feat. Ben is in a zone

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cardinals have been a franchise since 1920.

With their win tonight, it's the first time the franchise has ever won 12 games in a season.

Prior to this season, the most wins the franchise ever had in the regular season was 11.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Cardinals have been a franchise since 1920.

With their win tonight, it's the first time the franchise has ever won 12 games in a season.

Prior to this season, the most wins the franchise ever had in the regular season was 11.

Yep, they were in Chicago to start, I think

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What have I learned so far?

Nothing new in Tampa or Saint Loo.

The Jets are capable of squeaking by a wounded Dallas.

You can't trust Atlanta or the Jags.

Taking Washington (or flipping a pick at the last minute) is often a very good idea.

The Vikings are even better than I'd hoped.

The Titans aren't.

Peyton might think about playing for Houston next year, depending.

KC is living up to expectations.

Carolina looked good enough, but not great, against a decent, but not particularly good Giants.

Seattle continues to be the team to watch out for as it gains steam in the NFC.

Green Bay is mending its offense.

AJ knows how to lead a good team, like always.

The Steelers, not at full strength and with some defensive liabilities, are still a scary team to play now.

Miami can't even hold onto mediocrity at this point.

Arizona is ready to stake a claim on the NFC again.

Status
Not open for further replies.