NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The line is what?! :shocked: Holy smokes.

In December 1976 the Steelers were 27 point favorites over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

That was the largest point spread in NFL history at the time, and stood until October 2013 when the Denver Broncos were 28 point favorites over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Steelers covered, and beat the Bucs 42-0

However, the Broncos did not cover. They only beat the Jaguars 35-19

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So...

Week 15

1. TB @ SL: the Jekyl/Hyde bowl of who shows up. SL is a 2.5 favorite with the money about evenly split on the line.

By averages it's a wash. Tampa's last road game was a 25-12 loss to Indy and they were anemic against a less than stellar Saints defense. SL had been on a long scoring drought before putting 24 on a decent Lions team last week. Unless Winston has one of those days it should be a makeable line. I'll take SL, though my model has them by 2 as the most likely score.

Let me help you out. Jeff Fisher won with Eddie George, Steve McNair and a great defense. Right now he has a young Todd Gurley, a great defense, and no quarterback play. Nick Foles played great for 1 1/2 seasons. In fact, his numbers were stellar. The sample size was just too small.

Don't take the Rams. Case Keenum is under center. Colin Cowherd was on a rant (as he often is) about bad QB play in the NFL. He said "how excited are you" in a mocking fashion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whitehead grew up where Ty Law and Derrelle Revis grew up, and is related to Revis on his mother's side.

Ty Law is on my all time underrated team.

Jeremy Cash, All American Safety for Duke will miss his bowl game for wrist surgery. Now he will need to prove he is healed for the combine. He can play.

Quetzal

Good morning sports fans! Tonight, the Rams host the Buccaneers on Thursday night football.

Both of our fantasy pick'em players are in agreement that the Rams best the visitors tonight. Q is critical of the rookie sensation out of Tampa after their lack luster performance against the Colts (not that it will matter, he will probably get bored and watch House MD reruns instead). Town's model disagrees slightly but not enough to shake his pick. Good luck!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would not have picked this result.

That's why we make the big bucks. :plain: And I'm starting the week 1-0. That's the thing about a handful of teams, from SL to Washington this year. Just screwy unpredictable. I thought the Rams should win, but not by much, let alone that much.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought the Rams should win, but not by much, let alone that much.

There are two changes on their two game win streak. Case Keenum (mediocre) and offensive coordinator. Last night on the broadcast-or sports radio, I already don't remember, Fisher interviewed the man he demoted and then current coordinator recently promoted. He selected the one he had to demote. This should be the clue that he is actually a bad judge of character and knowledge.

I don't actually think that a slight variation in play calling was the difference. Keenum was efficient at 14/17 but that still isn't a lot of offense. Winston had 100 more passing yards. Gurley only had 49 yards late in the game. I haven't seen the final stats recap. I would rewatch and remind myself that a team had a draft pick before the Browns last year, and that is who they played.

Of course you can't just go firing tenured NFL coaches that have been to the Super Bowl. Who can he be replaced with that is an improvement? There lies the problem.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There are two changes on their two game win streak. Case Keenum (mediocre) and offensive coordinator. Last night on the broadcast-or sports radio, I already don't remember, Fisher interviewed the man demoted and than current coordinator recently promoted. He selected the one he had to demote. This should be the clue that he is actually a bad judge of character and knowledge.
You and I both know Fisher has been riding a reputation at odds with production for years. He can put together so-so teams and that's about it. In his 21 years as a head coach his teams have been over 8 wins in a season 6 times. If you add the 8-8 years to it you have 11 out of 20 seasons with non-losing records. :plain: Eight sub five hundred years in that twenty-one.

That gets you one of the longest stretches as a head coach in the NFL? Being 13 games over .500 in a twenty-year career?

Of course you can't just go firing tenured NFL coaches that have been to the Super Bowl. Who can he be replaced with that is an improvement? There lies the problem.
I'd argue just about anyone who looks at all promising. Fisher has proven that absent luck and an extraordinary draft he's giving you a semi-respectable team that won't win much year in and out. Take a chance or waste what talent you've collected.

He parlayed a good stint as a defensive coordinator and a bit of luck in inheriting a Titans team that mostly needed an upgrade at a couple of skill positions to be competitive. In short order got McNair and George to spark the offense and that, along with the Walsh tree association and coordinator success, has been the magic carpet he's mostly ridden into mediocrity since.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He parlayed a good stint as a defensive coordinator and a bit of luck in inheriting a Titans team that mostly needed an upgrade at a couple of skill positions to be competitive. In short order got McNair and George to spark the offense and that, along with the Walsh tree association and coordinator success, has been the magic carpet he's mostly ridden into mediocrity since.

Steven A Smith said the same thing in a not so polite way this morning. :devil:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You and I both know Fisher has been riding a reputation at odds with production for years.

Fisher's nothing great.

He's 5-6 in the postseason.

Since his 3 wins to get to the Super Bowl in 1999, Fisher is 2-6 in the postseason.

In 21 seasons as head coach, Fisher has made the postseason 6 times, and hasn't been there since 2008.

Cowher made the postseason 6 times in his first 6 years. So did John Harbaugh.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Steven A Smith said the same thing in a not so polite way this morning. :devil:
:chuckle: But you know, if Fisher was winning this year you'd never have heard that from Steven. I miss watching him and the corpse "debate" sports topics in the morning though. That's one of the few things ESPN had that was infotaining.

And what happened to Dan Patrick? He's turning into the sports-talk equivalent of the latter-day Bob Hope. It' so pat I keep waiting to hear them break into song and dance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Go Cowboys !!!!!

Next week it's Go Patriots!!!!

***Whatever I got to do to get my Steelers in the playoffs.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cowboys put in Kellen Moore at QB.

First pass went for -1 yards.

Second pass went for an interception.

I need the Jets to lose. It's not looking like the Cowboys are going to cooperate.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Cowboys put in Kellen Moore at QB.

First pass went for -1 yards.

Second pass went for an interception.

I need the Jets to lose. It's not looking like the Cowboys are going to cooperate.

Not that you are surprised by the Boys this year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not that you are surprised by the Boys this year.

The Boys lose another one. They are now 4-10, and everyone can shut up about them having a chance to make the playoffs. They are mathematically eliminated now.

Need the Jets to lose to New England or Buffalo. That way the Steelers can lose one of their three remaining games and still make the playoffs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Boys lose another one. They are now 4-10, and everyone can shut up about them having a chance to make the playoffs. They are mathematically eliminated now.

Need the Jets to lose to New England or Buffalo. That way the Steelers can lose one of their three remaining games and still make the playoffs.
New England should be able to help you. I'd love to see the Steelers in it. A great overcoming adversity story in that, though the defense still needs to keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.