NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The playoffs are starting to take shape

In the NFC, it's almost all set (except for the NFC East)

#1 Carolina
#2 Arizona
#3 Green Bay
#4 Whoever wins the NFC East
Wildcards: Minnesota and Seattle

The AFC:

#1 New England
#2 & #3 Cincinnati and Denver
#4 Indy or Houston
Wildcards: Kansas City, NY Jets, or Pittsburgh

With Dalton and Peyton out with injuries, it could get interesting. Kansas City and Pittsburgh have an outside chance of winning their divisions if Denver and Cincy keep losing. In two weeks Cincy plays Denver.

I can't believe I have to root for Dallas this Saturday when they host the Jets.

Quetzal

With Dalton and Peyton out with injuries, it could get interesting. Kansas City and Pittsburgh have an outside chance of winning their divisions if Denver and Cincy keep losing. In two weeks Cincy plays Denver.
Looking at Denver's schedule, they could very well lose two of their next three (@Pitt, vs Cin, vs SD), depending on how Cin can recover and how long Dalton is out. I can see Pittsburgh cleaning their clocks in the meantime...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looking at Denver's schedule, they could very well lose two of their next three (@Pitt, vs Cin, vs SD), depending on how Cin can recover and how long Dalton is out. I can see Pittsburgh cleaning their clocks in the meantime...

If Denver loses its next two games, and KC wins theirs, KC is in first place. KC already has a better division record than Denver.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Matt Ryan is light years ahead of 2/3 of the NFL QBs.
And he has a couple of exceptional wrs. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Palmer and the Bengals. This brain-trust isn't working out and it's time to find someone who can use the weapons and work on what needs building, which is most everything else.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You got that right. Is Dallas even out of it? I don't think they are...
Yes, tragically, the 4-9 Cowboys are actually still alive in their division. If no other team in their division gets above .500 and they win out the remaining games then they're the representative lamb.

So they have to beat the Jets, Bills and Washington. Then the other guys can't win more than they lose in their last few. It's that simple and frighteningly possible. :reals:

Quetzal

Yes, tragically, the 4-9 Cowboys are actually still alive in their division. If no other team in their division gets above .500 and they win out the remaining games then they're the representative lamb.

So they have to beat the Jets, Bills and Washington. Then the other guys can't win more than they lose in their last few. It's that simple and frighteningly possible. :reals:
I don't think they make it past the Jets, but it is possible, I suppose. Could you imagine? Actually, I hope it happens just because I like to watch the world burn from time to time. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think they make it past the Jets, but it is possible, I suppose. Could you imagine? Actually, I hope it happens just because I like to watch the world burn from time to time. :chuckle:
It would accomplish two things: first it would be enormously amusing and second it might bring us closer to the day when seeding has nothing to do with the artificial creation of division champs. This isn't college. Put the best teams in the thing and leave the weak sisters to rebuild.

Quetzal

It would accomplish two things: first it would be enormously amusing and second it might bring us closer to the day when seeding has nothing to do with the artificial creation of division champs. This isn't college. Put the best teams in the thing and leave the weak sisters to rebuild.
This always confused me. Call me old fashioned, but if your record is worse than other teams, you shouldn't get to go to the playoffs. Period. There are several teams that are better than that division and they might get lucky with a wild card spot. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This always confused me. Call me old fashioned, but if your record is worse than other teams, you shouldn't get to go to the playoffs. Period. There are several teams that are better than that division and they might get lucky with a wild card spot. :idunno:
They should scrap divisions and keep the rivalries alive by scheduling, create some new ones or ones making more geographic sense. Games would remain meaningful in the larger sense because you'd still be trying to play your way into the postseason, only you'd actually have to play well to get there.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What did they do?

They posed for a group photo while the game with Atlanta was still going on.

Spoiler
capture_20151213_151045-e1450041978205.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am a Panthers fan but their showboating makes me sick.
Meh, it's like tattoos, just a different generational approach. I don't care for it (Cam's Superman routine after a td being the most prominent example). I never liked the guys who clawed at their chinstraps so we could see their faces. If you're any good we'll know who you are.

But he also takes the ball after one of those tds and gives it to kids. Often sick ones. Frequently sick ones that he's seen to it are there to enjoy the game. So I like him, even if I wish he'd approach the end zone with a bit more been there/will be back approach that Jim Brown personified.

Status
Not open for further replies.