NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Enjoy your practice squad paycheck,..."

NFL Practice Squad players earn a minimum of $6,300.00 per week.

That's the equivalent of making $327,600.00 a year.

Tannehill makes $19.5 million a year ($375,000.00 a week)

Gotta love the NFL. A guy who makes $375K a week is insulting guys who "only" make $6,300 a week. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Week 4: what I learned...

That a 14-1 record can fall to 9-6 in a blink of an imagined eye.

That, as expected, the Steelers without Ben are about ten points down.

That Miami is still Miami and its qb sounds more like Ryan Leaf than Peyton Manning.

That Atlanta's offense is about as scary as their defense isn't.

That Eli and company aren't to be counted out and Buffalo isn't ready just yet to be counted in.

That Oakland will apparently have to have greatness...or even consistency, thrust upon them.

That Cin continues to be the little engine that might and KC just can't, as constituted.

That Indy can win a tight game...against Jacksonville.

That the NFC East might be won by Rock, Paper, Snoozers.

That Carolina isn't as bad as I thought, but still doesn't seem to matter.

Cleveland and SD...mired in "not that bad"ness.

That Denver looks like a different team this year...great defensive play and an offense with talent that does just enough to get over. Will that be a recipe for mental toughness that signifies or is it the heel waiting to be undone?

Green Bay can look less than fierce on the road and that we now understand more fully what SF meant by a new direction.

SL can beat a better team on a given day and Arz belongs in the top tier conversation, but it's a muted discourse.

Dallas is talented. New Orleans stands a sluggers chance when they're backed up.

Seattle isn't scaring anyone this year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ind @ Hou
Line: Ind 2.5
Split:50/50
Pick: I took Hou. Indy is without Luck and a defense. Hard to imagine the Texans blowing that at home.

drbrumley

Ind @ Hou
Pick: I took Hou. Indy is without Luck and a defense. Hard to imagine the Texans blowing that at home.

I have Indy, lesson learned from last week. But I almost pulled the trigger making the switch before the game.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ind @ Hou

Credit where credit's due, Hasselback did his job and the Colts's O-line totally handled Watt.

What a waste of talent on that Houston roster.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hard to feel bad about losing a game when your team wins. :plain: But come on...Hasselbeck has outplayed Luck so far and it isn't close.

QBR by week:

1. Luck 38.7
2. Luck 20.0
3. Luck 37.1
4. Has 63.7
5. Has 92.1

So what's wrong with Captain Sliced Bread?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hard to feel bad about losing a game when your team wins. :plain: But come on...Hasselbeck has outplayed Luck so far and it isn't close.

QBR by week:

1. Luck 38.7
2. Luck 20.0
3. Luck 37.1
4. Has 63.7
5. Has 92.1

So what's wrong with Captain Sliced Bread?

Yeah, Fluffy the Terrible just hasn't looked like himself lately. I think that shoulder's worse than they've been letting on but that's not all. Poor decision making too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
QBs with a hundred or better rating so far?

1. Rodgers
2. Dalton
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Mariota
6. Weeden
7. Palmer
8. Rivers
9. Taylor
10. Ryan
11. Wilson

The still impressive 90s? (with at least 90 attempts)

12. McCown
13. Carr
14. Hoyer
15. Foles
16. Eli
17. Brees

So over half the league is getting great play out of its QBs.

Disappointments, if not awful: Flacco and Peyton and Stafford at about 80.

Sad to see it category: Kaepernick, Luck and Mallet. 67, 65, 63 respectively and bringing up the rear. Everyone has been talking about the beleaguered SF qb and his shaky future...and he's outplaying the next big thing, marginally.

Strange year so far.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
29 for yours truly. Week two absolutely killed me.
Ouch. Well, it's bound to get better. My best weeks tend to start around now to mid season, but this year has been peculiar and the injury situation and so many unsettled points has me nervous.

And now the rest of Week 5

Was @ Atl
Line: Atl 7.5
Split: 80/20 the Falcons cover.
Pick: Atlanta. Washington is better than expected, but the Falcons are on another offensive level and an early division sweep is a pretty good motivation.

Buf @ Ten
Line: Buf 2.5
Split: 75/25 Ten
Pick: So the line is running for a fg deciding and everyone and their mother is taking that the other way with the Titans. Two good young qbs, but the overall talent is playing for Buffalo and Rex should be able to scheme a freshman into difference making mistakes. I may revisit, but I'm in with Buf for now.

Chi @ KC
Line: KC 9.5
Split: 66/44 Chi
Pick: Looks like last weeks surprise win over Oakland has people thinking they could repeat this week. Dalton lit up KC's secondary for a career high last week. Now Andy is playing great right now, but that has to worry you in Arrowhead. I'll take Chicago to exploit that enough to keep it closer.

Sea @ Cin
Line: Cin 1.5
Split: 62/38 Cin
Pick: Is this belief in the Bengals or a general consensus that Seattle has come back to the pack? Okay, I'll keep riding that Bengal wagon. The problem with Seattle? Wilson is their top rusher. I don't think Cin is fragile and they're playing at home against an increasingly one dimensional (and unspectacular) Seahawks offense. Seattle's defense has picked it up, but that front from Cin isn't to be sneezed at either. Bengals.

Cle @ Bal
Line: Bal 6.5
Split: 55/45 Bal
Pick: the money is thinking the line may be too fat, but the Ravens should win. I'll take the points and the Ravens. It's still Cleveland and they're on the road against a better team than the record indicates. Look for Joe and company to make a statement.

SL @ GB
Line: GB 9.5
Split: 56/44 GB
Pick: same sort of response. SL can rise up, but they haven't done so consistently and it's hard not to like the Pack at home. The Pack is dominating at home with around eleven in a row, I think. I like Rodgers and company by about two tds, so I'll take the action.

NO @ Phi
Line: Phi 5.5
Split: 55/45 NO
Pick: people are excited by the Saints win over a game Dallas, but that was in the dome. Can they travel north with the same game plan? I’m thinking no. Philly, who once again could use the win, especially at home. If they can't beat the Saints there then they're in trouble and so is their coach. Now that's motivation for the old genius, eh?

Jac @ TB
Line: TB 2.5
Split: 54/46 Jac
Pick: Another nervous money game. These are not being kind to my totals so far this year. :mmph: :think: Both teams give and take are anemic...I'll take Tampa at home to do just enough.

Arz @ Det
Line: Arz 2.5
Split: 81/19
Pick: A slim line that doesn't inspire confidence, but the money loves it and can't get enough of the Cardinals on this one. Arizona is about the best pick-off team in the NFL. Det's offensive line is horrible. Arizona.

NE @ Dal
Line: NE 9.5
Split: 73/27 NE
Pick: Two big defenders return to Dallas and they'll need it. Brady's team is playing about as well as the old 16-0 team, offensively in terms of point production above the fold. I think the Pats pull away by the middle third to early fourth. I'll take New England to cover late.

Den @ Oak
Line: Den 5.5
Split: 67/33 Den
Pick: Oakland was definitely a not ready for prime time glare last week. This week they're home for the visiting Broncos. Sadly, the two teams are about on par offensively, but Denver's defense is brutal. I'll take that defense to be the difference. Denver.

SF @ Gia
Line: Gia 7.5
Split: 64/36 Gia
Pick: the money feels reasonably comfortable with that line. Given Eli and company are averaging almost two tds more a game while that Giant's defense is giving up a td less that SF, I can understand why. At home? I'll take the G-men to get it done.

Pit @ SD
Line: SD 3.5
Split: 59/41 SD
Pick: Remember when Monday night games were special? Me neither and this one doesn't look to be. The Chargers get TE Gates back to help balance out the offense. The Steelers get their wr back, but it really comes down to your confidence in Vick. An important game for both teams at 2-2...I'm going to take the Steelers for the upset here. :shocked:

Oh why not...

Status
Not open for further replies.