NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I changed my pick to Baltimore on Monday with big Ben out. The better team is the Steelers with him playing.

I agree. That said, if his absence hurts (or even ends) their playoff hopes, you won't find me complaining.:chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. That said, if his absence hurts (or even ends) their playoff hopes, you won't find me complaining.:chuckle:

I don't think Big Ben is going to be back for quite some time. If and when he does come back, the Steelers will be lucky if they are a .500 team then.

On top of that, the Steelers have the #1 toughest schedule this year (based on teams winning percentage last year, and based on number of playoff teams they play)

With that being said, I would rate the Steelers the #2 team in the AFC with all their starters healthy. However, injuries and suspensions have already ruined the season.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's official

For the first time in 6 years, the NFL went one month without a player being suspended

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't think Big Ben is going to be back for quite some time. If and when he does come back, the Steelers will be lucky if they are a .500 team then.

On top of that, the Steelers have the #1 toughest schedule this year (based on teams winning percentage last year, and based on number of playoff teams they play)

With that being said, I would rate the Steelers the #2 team in the AFC with all their starters healthy. However, injuries and suspensions have already ruined the season.

I rated them the Pat's biggest AFC threat going into the season. Big Ben's injury and the Bengals's (temporary?) resurgence makes things extremely tough for them.

Much stranger things have happened. I wouldn't rule the Steelers out just yet, but the road's a heck of a steeper climb.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I'll take them on a hamburger bun, thank you much.:chuckle:

My most prescient call today? I thought the Browns-Chargers game would be extremely close, and I was right. Leave it to Washington and Oakland to throw things into a cocked hat. Also, Denver didn't cover.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm 8-5 going into the last two. I can live with it. The Buffalo loss didn't shock me. Oakland did. Same with Arizona and Philly. No excuse for any of those. Denver? Same as with Buffalo. Best call? The Green Bay two td line and calling for Cleveland to beat the spread. :D

Zeke

I'm 8-5 going into the last two. I can live with it. The Buffalo loss didn't shock me. Oakland did. Same with Arizona and Philly. No excuse for any of those. Denver? Same as with Buffalo. Best call? The Green Bay two td line and calling for Cleveland to beat the spread. :D

Hey blind guy with head in sand! two missed fumbles by the Refs in the cards game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hey blind guy with head in sand! two missed fumbles by the Refs in the cards game.

:plain: You think I watched it? Seriously? It's mostly math and following the box scores these days. I have a four year old. :D

But great then, the blind guy could have been up another one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll take them on a hamburger bun, thank you much.:chuckle:

I guess the Giants haven't forgotten that time Sexy Rexy called them the "Little Brothers".

With the loss to the Giants, Sexy Rexy may finish 0-3 in the State of New York.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I guess the Giants haven't forgotten that time Sexy Rexy called them the "Little Brothers".

With the loss to the Giants, Sexy Rexy may finish 0-3 in the State of New York.

I've said it before and will say it again: Rex doesn't have the temperament to be a successful head coach. Great coordinator, yes, but not the boss.

He can't or won't control his team. He's either encouraging their idiotic behavior, or refuses to rein it in. Rex's career in Buffalo is not going to end well.

He wants to be the guy who brings down Belichick and Brady. His obsession's going to get the better of him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But will they find ways to lose like being offsides on a missed field goal? Or taking the helmet off during the play for 15 yards and an untimed down? It is hard to imagine how many ways the "New Browns" can suck over the years.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is hard to imagine how many ways the "New Browns" can suck over the years.

That's what happens when you keep firing the GM, the coach, and getting a new QB over and over and over again.

They haven't had the same GM, Coach, and QB together for more than two years since they came back to the league in 1999

In contrast, the Steelers have had the same GM, Coach, and QB together since 2007 (9 years)

You can't keep cleaning house every 2 years.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is more porous?

A) The Texas border

B) Dallas Cowboy's defense

The Cowboy's next 3 opponents (they will be dogs in all three games)

Patriots
@ Giants
Seahawks

Like the Steelers and Big Ben, the Cowboys may have too many losses by the time Romo comes back.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
9-5, got a gimme win with NO because I apparently forgot to change my Pigskin Pick'em and went with the Saints to cover early. By the time I'd posted here I'd changed, but I'll take it.

A happy accident that means I can wrap a 10-5 week if Seattle covers tonight. :D

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Week 4

11. Min @ Den
Line: Den 6.5 Split: 69/31 Den
Pick: That's a big number. Hear me out. Min averages 20 scored and gives up about 17 a game. Denver averages 24 and gives up 16. And if you don't look any closer you might wonder about the line, but then you remember who the Broncos played against (Arz, Bal, KC) and who Min played (Ten, SD, SF) and it's easier to take those points. Denver.
:neck::roses::sinapisN::BillyBob:​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Additional reasons to not root for Miami?

After practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill's response?

"Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."

Classy. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Additional reasons to not root for Miami?

After practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill's response?

"Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."

Classy. :thumb:

:rotfl:

I hope he enjoys managing a car dealership in five years.

:mock: Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.