NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or in San Francisco. Yikes.
Brutal. But that's what the brain trust asked for when they cut ties with a winner to show everyone who was what.

I don't know how anyone "solves" Aaron Rodgers or beats him.
Most complete skill package under center. Not knocking our guys, but he's at the top of his game. If Brady and Manning weren't playing he'd be the topic. Which kind of stinks, if you're Aaron, I imagine.

The Pack is about the only other team out there I'd consider in New England's league, figuratively.
Well, I have them the marginal favorites right now. But I still say there are a few teams on both sides that can beat them if they falter the least little bit or just on the right day. And I prefer a league like that to the old day of the juggernaut. Those steamroller teams made for boring SBs.

Last year they were the only NFC team I was really worried about--even Seattle didn't get me as anxious as Green Bay. I know Jacoby's gone, but when Rodgers moves his feet and makes plays, it's almost unfair. (If the Packers played Indy regularly I'm sure they'd complain often enough to get a rule changed, or something.)
Hard to imagine a more entertaining SB than those two squaring off.

Sure. They have one of the best defensive minds, talent and an offense that just put up 32 against NE and 41 at Miami. If they keep developing chemistry they could be a serious threat to anyone come playoffs. Depends, but sure.

The Pat's have been great this century, but it sure helped them that everyone else in their division has been terrible.
And the guy who beat them a few times with lesser teams? He's coaching in Buffalo with more talent, overall, than he's had in a long, long time, if not ever. But Miami has a habit of being the ultimate average team, since Marino.

Every year I'd have them around twenty (which is average, but not playoff material) and they'd surge at some point then come back to the average by years end, like clockwork. But in that surge they'd beat a couple of teams.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I knew I should have copied off of TH. I got absolutely killed in the early afternoon. That's what I get for reading Grantland even though Simmons is gone.
Well, you would still have been behind me, because I stopped homering with Indy late and flipped, but 13-2 wouldn't have been bad.

Now if only every week could go like that without weeks like the last one (shudders). So I went a less than inspiring 8-8 in week one, a dismal 7-9 last week, and stand to go 15-1 this one.

I usually hit my stride about mid season. It takes a while to shake things out and there have been a lot of essentially pick'em games from 3.5 down. Hard to compile an impressive record early when Vegas is that nervous.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
QB Rating over 100 (old NFL model)

1. Rodgers 128.4

2. Dalton 121.0

3. Brady 119.6

4. Palmer 117.8

5. Taylor 116.1

6. Ben 113.1

7. Mariota 109.2

8. Carr 102.4

9. Rivers 100.5

To those who were skeptical about my elevation of Buf as a concern, note that their qb is ranked 5th through the first three games and they currently boast the number one rushing attack. If that remains a relatively stable fact then look for Rex to take a talented defensive group that's middle of the pack in production now, but ended last year in fourth place overall, and put together something scary by year's end.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
is that pick 'em or with spreads ?
Against the spread, though what I'm referring to with a pick'em is a game so close the line is weaselly, like a 3.5 line or under, essentially a fg contest.

If that's the line it's a coin flip or your best guess. That's why you'll see me mulling about factors, like in the case of the Vikings (a 2.5 favorite over the visiting Chargers) seeing the talent and knowing they were home, even against a solid SD team. And it's why I'll occasionally change my mind before game time, as I did with Indy, a 3.5 favorite visiting Ten. That half point irked me like sand in an oyster and eventually I changed my mind on it, not willing to give up more than three.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Falcons offense is playing good, keep it up!
But you'd better get an defense in a hurry or you'll be like a good three point shooting team with no bigs in the NBA playoffs. The Cowboys just put 28 on you with a second string qb and their best wr on the bench. There's time, because you have a relatively soft schedule.

beloved57

But you'd better get an defense in a hurry or you'll be like a good three point shooting team with no bigs in the NBA playoffs. The Cowboys just put 28 on you with a second string qb and their best wr on the bench. There's time, because you have a relatively soft schedule.
The Defense played Ok the 2nd half, our best chance to win is on Offense ,that keeps the D rested !

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Defense played Ok the 2nd half, our best chance to win is on Offense ,that keeps the D rested !
With that combination of wrs and qb you should be in just about any contest if your defense can give you anything. Develop even a mid level consistency with that defense and you're a dark horse. You're middling against the run in yards, but toward the very back against the pass in a passing league. That has to improve.

beloved57

With that combination of wrs and qb you should be in just about any contest if your defense can give you anything. Develop even a mid level consistency with that defense and you're a dark horse.

The better our Offense the better our defense, don't forget, the Cowboys shut down our Offense that first half, that should not have happened!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of weak divisions, the Bengals should win the AFC North very easily with Big Ben out 6 weeks, the Ravens 0-3, and the Browns being the Browns.

The Bengals haven't won a post-season game since 1990. If they can't win one this year, they may never win one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bengals haven't won a post-season game since 1990. If they can't win one this year, they may never win one.

The Browns have won one post-season game since 1990.

That gives the State of Ohio a whopping two post-season wins in almost 50 seasons combined of Bengals and Browns football since 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.