Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Was @ Gia
Line: Gian 3.5
Split: 69/31 Gia
Pick: I'll take the Eli and the better team to cover that easily.
:) Whistles a happy 1-0 start tune.

Here's hoping my smile isn't a rictus by the end of next Monday night.

The rest of Week 3

Atl @ Dal:
Line: Atl. .5
Split: Atl 77/33
Pick: Lose your qb, wr and find yourself a half point dog? Someone really wants the Dallas faithful pilling their hopes onto that defense. And it's a really good defense...but you still have to score points and as good as Atlanta's defense can make anyone, it's hard to see the match up as being a toss up. Atlanta.

Cin @ Bal
Line: Bal 2.5
Split: Cin 57/43
Pick: A split between the line and the bets on this one and you can understand why. Everyone is waiting on Baltimore to turn it around a little and no one is confident about the Bengals on the road. I'm pulled in both directions, but I'll go with Cin to keep playing well and Baltimore to stumble more without their defensive captain on the field. Give me the Bengals.

Oak @ Cle
Line: Cle 3.5
Split: Oak 54/46
Pick: Another split...so you put Johnny back on the bench for winning and showing something to go with a guy who is going to get you where, exactly? And this is why Cleveland is Cleveland. I'll take Oakland.

Ind @ Ten
Line: Ind 3.5
Split: Ind 72/28
Pick: Can Indy remind us why they went into this year as AFC darkhorse or better for a SB appearance? Can Ten decide which team it means to be? Tennessee got beat up by a Cleveland team with a spark at qb. This qb should do better. Indy.

EDIT: moved off the Indy pick late. Felt too much like a homer nod...and I still picked them to win straight up so it wasn't like I turned on them, exactly.

Pit@ SL
Line: Pit 1.5
Split: Pit 80/20
Pick: Seems like the clear crowd/line no brainer, but it's a road game for the Steelers and SL is a wild card at present. Either way this one isn't an upset, but I'll go with Pit to keep things moving.

SD @ Min
Line: Min 2.5
Split: SD 52/48
Pick: Another pick'em game...the Vikings have the potential to be a solid playoff team, but I haven't seen that coming together yet. SD is always good and never quite good enough. Minnesota has the better defense and on paper should be scaring people. I'll take them at home to begin the process.

Jac @ NE
Line: NE 13.5
Split: NE 69/31
Pick: a huge line and still almost seventy percent on board for it...I hate teams like Jacksonville. 30th in offense and 8th in defense. Meaning they shouldn't beat you but they can beat up on a big line. The Pats put a forty burger on a good Buffalo defense with a better coach. I'll take NE to do enough here.

NO @ Car
Line: Car 6.5
Split: Car 61/39
Pick: the Saints have NO fans marching in...to bars along Bourbon Street. I'm no fan of the Panthers or the line, but after the TB debacle, I'm all out of good will here. Carolina to cover.

Phi @ Jets
Line: Jet 2.5
Split: Jet 65/35
Pick: did anyone think, going into this year, you'd see Philly a dog to the Jets? Even with yet another pick'em game. Me either. And I'm taking Philly to find a way here, because if they don't this season is making a hard turn in the wrong direction.

TB @ Hou
Line: Hou 6.5
Split: TB 58/42
Pick: Houston is nearly a td favorite? Every time Vegas does this I get nervous. Could be an upset, but I have Houston by more, so I'm staying with the home team.

Sf @ Arz
Line: Arz 6.5
Split: Arz 73/27
Pick: Doesn't look like anyone's buying SF after that drubbing the Steelers gave them. Arizona is looking solid in all phases of their game. I like them by better than ten so I'm taking the Cardinals to cover here.

Buf @ Mia
Line: Mia 2.5
Split: Buf 66/34
Pick: Miami looked the way they tend to at the end of the year in their loss to Jacksonville, which is to say not bad but not good enough. Buffalo showed offensive power in their loss to NE and Ryan can right the defense. I'll take Buf in the mild upset.

Chi @ Sea
Line: Sea 14.5
Split: Sea 54/46
Pick: the only thing moving the split is the size of the line. I hate the line, but I'm going with the Hawks anyway. They need a statement game and they need it now. Chicago will have to do.

Den @ Det
Line: Den 4.5
Split: Den 69/31
Pick: I like Denver to figure out early if they can run or should fan and take this one by seven or better.

KC @ GB
Line: GB 7.5
Split: GB 57/43
Pick: the game to look forward to...unless you're a Chiefs' fan. :eek: Call it 34-24

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Changed my Indy pick on the line before game time and kept them as the winners straight up. :D Happily.

So if it wasn't for Carolina not quite doing it I'd be 11-0 going into the afternoon. Instead I'm 10-1 :D

Now I need Arizona, Buf, Sea, Den and GB to take home a terrific week. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Roethlisberger's expected to be out at least four weeks, per ESPN. Must be the Pats's fault.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Roethlisberger's expected to be out at least four weeks, per ESPN. Must be the Pats's fault.
Focus on the positive. I'm positive Brady had a hand in it and, more importantly, looking at the running game scores, by the time they finish up I'll be 13-1 going into the Denver game. :D

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Of course.

The guy who hit Roethlisberger's knee was Mark Barron.

Barron was born and raised in Alabama, then played his college ball at Alabama.

You live in New England, TH lives in Alabama. You made a post(from New England), and TH (from Alabama) was the first to reply to it. Therefore, the Pat's are responsible.

:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Of course.

The guy who hit Roethlisberger's knee was Mark Barron.

Barron was born and raised in Alabama, then played his college ball at Alabama.

You live in New England, TH lives in Alabama. You made a post(from New England), and TH (from Alabama) was the first to reply to it. Therefore, the Pat's are responsible.

:chuckle:

The black magic revenge tour continues! Complete with a bloody moon tonight, no less.

Seriously though, tough setback for your Steelers. I consider them the Patriots's biggest threat for AFC supremacy so it'll be interesting if anyone can capitalize with Big Ben out for a few.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The black magic revenge tour continues! Complete with a bloody moon tonight, no less.

Seriously though, tough setback for your Steelers. I consider them the Patriots's biggest threat for AFC supremacy so it'll be interesting if anyone can capitalize with Big Ben out for a few.
I had Buf and Den slightly ahead of the Steelers, but it's definitely a potentially impactful injury.

If the playoffs were today I'd have your guys a 3 to six point favorite over their nearest AFC competitor and a one to two point neutral field fav against Arizona or Green Bay, respectively.

But there are a handful of teams that can beat anyone on a given and more that can rise to it, so this remains an interestingly competitive season, except in Chicago, of course. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seriously though, tough setback for your Steelers.

It's not looking good.

Not only do the Steelers have to play this week's Thursday game, they don't have a bye week until week 11 (the last week for bye teams)

Early reports by ESPN have Ben out 4 weeks. It would have been nice to have Vick get a week of practice with the first team, and have a bye week during those 4 weeks, but instead, it's just the opposite.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I had Buf and Den slightly ahead of the Steelers, but it's definitely a potentially impactful injury.

If the playoffs were today I'd have your guys a 3 to six point favorite over their nearest AFC competitor and a one to two point neutral field fav against Arizona or Green Bay, respectively.

But there are a handful of teams that can beat anyone on a given and more that can rise to it, so this remains an interestingly competitive season, except in Chicago, of course. :plain:

Or in San Francisco. Yikes.

I don't know how anyone "solves" Aaron Rodgers or beats him. The Pack is about the only other team out there I'd consider in New England's league, figuratively. Last year they were the only NFC team I was really worried about--even Seattle didn't get me as anxious as Green Bay. I know Jacoby's gone, but when Rodgers moves his feet and makes plays, it's almost unfair. (If the Packers played Indy regularly I'm sure they'd complain often enough to get a rule changed, or something.)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had Buf and Den slightly ahead of the Steelers,

Buffalo?

I read awhile back that this year was the first time all four teams from the AFC East ever went 1-0 in week 1.

The Pat's have been great this century, but it sure helped them that everyone else in their division has been terrible.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A few years ago I thought Colin Kaepernick, Jim Harbaugh, and the 49'ers were going to be the next dynasty.

My how things change quickly.

Three NFC title games in a row, right? The wheels fell off incredibly quickly. That Harbaugh regime sure seems like a flash in the pan right now.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i'm watching the cubs pirates right now, but i notice a trend of female broadcasters, even giving play by play on espn baseball - it just doesn't fly - a woman giving PBP is not credible, i can't take it serious -

Status
Not open for further replies.