NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For those less familiar with qbr, the old and present NFL rating has Peyton with a very good 86.9 rating on the day and Alex with a very poor 53.9, after opening the season with a top tier 100+ rating on the road against Houston. To put it in perspective, Peyton's horrible, no touchdown performance against Baltimore netted him a 59.9 rating and questions from some corners about whether the 39 year old qb might be signaling the end.

And that was six points better than what Alex managed against Denver this week. :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What a difference a week makes. The Bills look horrid. Well, maybe that is a strong word. The Rams look like they only needed to show up after beating Seattle. Pro-athletes are supposed to be above this, but it just shows they are still only human.

And the Browns are getting it done. Which they might do anyway.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What a difference a week makes. The Bills look horrid. Well, maybe that is a strong word. The Rams look like they only needed to show up after beating Seattle. Pro-athletes are supposed to be above this, but it just shows they are still only human.

And the Browns are getting it done. Which they might do anyway.

The Bills game does settle one question: They weren't that good last week; the Colts seem to be really that bad.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Bills game does settle one question: They weren't that good last week; the Colts seem to be really that bad.
Until the Colts drop fifty on the next guy and so on...or, there's a reason why early season predictions and betting should only be carried out by those with money to burn and thick skins.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Week 2 Wrap Up (so far)​

1. Den @ KC: The Line: KC +2.5 The Split: 60/40 for KC.
My Pick: I'm taking the Chiefs at home. This week will tell us more about both teams and their signal callers.
Peyton appears to still be capable of being Peyton. And KC of being KC against his teams.
Final: Den 31-24 :mmph: 0-1

2. Atl @ Gia: The Line: Gia +2.5 The Split: 55/45 for Atlanta
My Pick: if the Falcons had kept any of the gains from the first half in the second I'd feel good about taking the upset, but which half team will we get on the road? My money is on the latter and I'll take the Giants to cover.
I felt good about my pick right up until Atlanta's 14-0 fourth quarter.
Final: Atl 24-20 :mmph: 0-2

3. NE @ Buf: The Line: NE +.5 The Split: 68/32 for NE
My Pick: I'm not ready to annoint Ryan's crew just yet. Not even in Buffalo. I'll take NE to make the point.
And they did.
Final: NE 40-32 :thumb: 1-2 But who expected this to be a shooting contest?

4. Arz @ Chi: The Line: Arz +2.5 The Split: 76/24 Arz
My Pick: I'm with the money. Take Arizona to start the "dump Cutler" wagon going again.
And so it goes.
Final: Arz 48-23 :thumb: 2-2

5. SD @ Cin: The Line: Cin +3.5 The Split: about 50/50
My Pick: I'm going to take a traditionally solid home team in a nervous gesture of support. Cin.
Worked out.
Final: Cin 34-19 :thumb: 3-2

6. Ten @ Cle: The Line: Ten +1.5 The Split: 82/18 Titans
My Pick: I don't understand that line. It's begging Ten fans to jump on, but why? I'll take the Titans going away.
Now I understand... :guitar: what they tried to say to me...
Final: Cle 28-14 :mmph: 3-3

7. Det @ Min: The Line: Min +2.5 The Split: 69/31 Detroit
My Pick: It's hard to pick with teams playing this badly. I have it a push...but someone is bound to win. I'll take the Vikings at home with a lot more AP than last week.
As expected.
Final: Min 26-16 :thumb: 4-3

8. SL @ Was: The Line: SL +3.5 The Split: 86/14 SL
My Pick: another head scratching line. Is Vegas concerned about the consistency of Foles? Or are they just sure that half point is the difference? I like SL by as much as 10 so...I'll take those points.
And how I suffered this insanity... :guitar:
Final: Was 24-10 :mmph: 4-4

9. TB @ NO: The Line: NO +9.5 The Split: 67/33 NO
My Pick: that's a big line for the Saints to cover...and that's an awful Tampa team to do it on...okay, I'm marchin in with NO.
That would be another loss, but I kept looking at that line and the Saints problems on offense and changed it on Pick'em pre kickoff. Thankfully.
Final: TB 26-19 Didn't see the Bucs putting up that much though. :thumb: 5-4

10. SF @ Pit: The Line: Pit +6.5 The Split: 56/44 SF
My Pick: another big line...SF was tough at home, but they weren't tested by the run and the Steelers will do that. I hate, hate the half point. But I'll take Pit anyway.
Wasn't nearly as close as I thought it could be.
Final Pit 43-18 :thumb: 6-4

11. Hou @ Car: The Line: Car +3.5 The Split: 50/50
My Pick: I don't get the confusion in the betting pool. I'd have it a push without changing qbs. With? Hard to imagine it going worse. Maybe the thought is Cam has to play better this week. I'm taking the visitor and hoping he doesn't.
He did, but just a little.
Final: Car 24-17 :mmph: 6-5

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To be filled in later: (a little later)
12. Bal @ Oak: The Line: Bal +6.5 The Split: 80/20 Bal
My Pick: another big line, but no reason to think the Ravens should struggle to cover it. Oakland couldn't stop the pass or the run in their loss and there's not a chance Flacco will follow a disastrous opening performance (30th qbr) against Denver without a rally against this defense. Give me Bal.
This is how I know professional football is rigged. :plain:

13. Mia @ Jac: The Line: Mia +6.5 The Split: 78/22 Mia
My Pick: the only thing worth noting is that Jacksonville has 22% of the suckers thinking they'll contest a td margin of victory. Not me. I'm taking Mia.
I mean THIS is how I know professional football is rigged.

I may not get over this Jacksonville victory...and how often have those words been used in the same sentence?

14. Dal @ Phi: The Line: Phi +4.5 The Split: 56/44 Philly
My Pick: not a lot of confidence in that line...I'm not a fan either. Philly on a hunch.
And hunches belong in crap games...which is just one word to many to describe my luck today.

Later still...

15. Sea @ GB: The Line: GB +3.5 The Split: 63/37 GB
My Pick: A two game skid would be trouble in Seattle. But GB is at home and looking sharper on offense than the Hawks are on defense about now...I like the Pack by seven, so I'll take those points.
At this point I expect a tie. :mmph:

16. Jets @ Ind: The Line: Ind +6.5 The Split: 62/37 Ind
My Pick: if the Colts don't cover it could be a long recovery for both of us. Indy
Or this game as an upset that will, once and for all, convince me that professional football is rigged. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
TH, I blew those three games too. Didn't expect Baltimore to look incompetent and I sure didn't believe the Jags would amount to anything. The football gods took out Dez and Romo and the 'Boys still won. So, color me baffled. What's gonna hit Green Bay? The plague, or stigmata?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
TH, I blew those three games too. Didn't expect Baltimore to look incompetent and I sure didn't believe the Jags would amount to anything. The football gods took out Dez and Romo and the 'Boys still won. So, color me baffled. What's gonna hit Green Bay? The plague, or stigmata?
:chuckle: It's one of those days, as a handicapper you just shake your head. Like I said, I'm expecting the Pack to tie tonight. :plain:

But let's give credit where credit is due among carnage.

Tom Brady was nothing short of spectacular today, despite being, what, forty, forty one years old? 38 of 59, 466 yds and three tds to 0 picks? That's pretty darn good, even using a walker.

Speaking of ancient greats playing their hearts out, how about Larry Fitzgerald looking like a young...Larry Fitzgerald pulling in three tds while Carson "I'm fine, really" Palmer put four into the end zone.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why do you use the "+" instead of the "-" for favored teams that are giving points?

For example the Steelers were 6.5 favorites. You have the Steelers +6.5
Monkeys with the betters. :plain: Nah, I'm noting that the Steelers are favored by, not giving. I thought it would be easier for people who don't bet and it's how I think of it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:chuckle: It's one of those days, as a handicapper you just shake your head. Like I said, I'm expecting the Pack to tie tonight. :plain:

But let's give credit where credit is due among carnage.

Tom Brady was nothing short of spectacular today, despite being, what, forty, forty one years old? 38 of 59, 466 yds and three tds to 0 picks? That's pretty darn good, even using a walker.

Speaking of ancient greats playing their hearts out, how about Larry Fitzgerald looking like a young...Larry Fitzgerald pulling in three tds while Carson "I'm fine, really" Palmer put four into the end zone.

Brady looks lethal out there. And they're hosting the Jags next week. Watch out. The guy's focused and angry. Think he's got a chip on his shoulder?:chuckle:

I've always rooted for Carson. He fell into football purgatory after that ghastly knee injury but I really want to see him do well.

drbrumley

I was 7-7 going into the Sunday Night game. Wild day for sure.

My losers were

Kansas City
New York Giants
Buffalo
St. Louis
New Orleans
Baltimore
Miami

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was 7-7 going into the Sunday Night game. Wild day for sure.

My losers were

Kansas City
New York Giants
Buffalo
St. Louis
New Orleans
Baltimore
Miami

You managed one more than me and that's pretty good considering the day. I need tonight and tomorrow to break even. Sheesh.

Caledvwlch

8-6 against the spread yesterday.

Tennessee failed me. And all of their fans.
I had Buffalo, as sort of an anti-jinx pick.
One person out of 28 in our pool picked Washington. I was not that person.
I had Houston for some reason.
I don't know why I thought I could rely on Baltimore to cover a 7.5, let alone win.
And two thirds of Florida's terrible teams ruined my Miami pick.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
8-6 against the spread yesterday.
Beats me. I made seven thanks to GB so I'm still hoping for 8-8.

Tennessee failed me. And all of their fans.
I had Buffalo, as sort of an anti-jinx pick.
One person out of 28 in our pool picked Washington. I was not that person.
No reason to be. Ten was a crazy upset and Vegas had Buf a half point dog, so...

I had Houston for some reason.
It was essentially a pick'em game.

I don't know why I thought I could rely on Baltimore to cover a 7.5, let alone win.
Because they were playing a team they should have been better than...Suggs was the WC and there was reason to believe a top tier qb would return to form.

And two thirds of Florida's terrible teams ruined my Miami pick.
Losing to Jacksonville should cost a team a draft pick. :mmph:

I take it you called Dallas to win. I thought about it, but nope...ah, well. Next week then.

Status
Not open for further replies.