NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm intrigued by Buffalo this year but I just can't root for a Rex Ryan coached team. :nono:

Chiefs start out with a win. That's good because we have a pretty tough road. Our next few games are Denver, Green Bay, Cincy, Chicago. :noid:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm intrigued by Buffalo this year but I just can't root for a Rex Ryan coached team. :nono:

Chiefs start out with a win. That's good because we have a pretty tough road. Our next few games are Denver, Green Bay, Cincy, Chicago. :noid:

I'd pick KC to win that Thursday night match up. I am not sold on Denver or Peyton at all.

The Bills did look impressive but the Colts looked exactly the same as last time they played a game: Offensively inept, and defensively unable to stop a thing.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know who hated that game? New England. If Ryan has an actual qb he's going to be a real concern for Pats' fans.

:think: I think 2-2 would be good enough. You should handle the Bears, lose to Green Bay and have an even chance with Denver at home and Dalton's crew on the road. I have both of those even at present.

So if you split the Den/Cin games and take care of Chicago it wouldn't be the worst run. You might even be 3-1 by the end of it, though I can't see you getting past the Pack at home. Not at present anyway.

And the clock is ticking on my coach in Indy. He'd better right that mess in a hurry.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'd pick KC to win that Thursday night match up. I am not sold on Denver or Peyton at all.
From what I've heard Peyton did struggle. I hope that's true on Thursday. They will be a tough matchup no matter what.

The Bills did look impressive but the Colts looked exactly the same as last time they played a game: Offensively inept, and defensively unable to stop a thing.
Yeah it's tough to tell how much was Buffalo's success and how much was Indy's failure.

You know who hated that game? New England. If Ryan has an actual qb he's going to be a real concern for Pats' fans.
It will be interesting to see if Taylor can continue that success.

:think: I think 2-2 would be good enough. You should handle the Bears, lose to Green Bay and have an even chance with Denver at home and Dalton's crew on the road. I have both of those even at present.

So if you split the Den/Cin games and take care of Chicago it wouldn't be the worst run. You might even be 3-1 by the end of it, though I can't see you getting past the Pack at home. Not at present anyway.
Denver and GB worry me the most. Cincy looked good in week 1 but it was against Oakland so....And hopefully we can pressure Cutler into some of his trademark interceptions. :chuckle:

And the clock is ticking on my coach in Indy. He'd better right that mess in a hurry.
Hopefully they don't have too short of a leash on him. I want to see him be successful because of all he's been through.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let's not anoint the Bills contenders or even threats to the division just yet. As one commentator has noted:

"When two AFC powerhouses (three, if you count the Colts) look awful, we can only draw one conclusion: The Patriots win on Sundays even when they don't play."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-how-to-outsmart-the-seahawks-by-the-seahawks
It's as simple as this to me: is this Buffalo team better or worse than the Jets teams he gave you fits with? It's too early to say with certainty, but there's reason to wonder.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's as simple as this to me: is this Buffalo team better or worse than the Jets teams he gave you fits with? It's too early to say with certainty, but there's reason to wonder.

Ask me seven games from now. Nobody really knows what this team is about. Not yet. I have no doubt their D will be extremely tough. Their offensive was up against a sieve.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ask me seven games from now. Nobody really knows what this team is about. Not yet. I have no doubt their D will be extremely tough. Their offensive was up against a sieve.
Yeah, I'm not sold within this limited a sampling, but I saw promise in the execution and that defense was ranked 4th in the NFL last year. A middle of the road offense would make them a team to take seriously.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What was up with those uniforms the 49'ers had on?

They are almost as bad as Cleveland's new uniforms.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Atlanta want to win that game?

It was a weird game.

Philly fans aren't known for their patience. Even though Kelly has led to Eagles to back-to-back 10-6 seasons, if he doesn't start winning more, they are going to run him out of town.

And are the preliminary obits on San Francisco a little too early?

The NFC West is a tough division. Every team in that division is good. It will depend on how they do in the six games against division foes.

Your Patriots have been fortunate having six games against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins every year, as all of them have been terrible this century.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I didn't watch. Were they truing to give it away?

At one point they were up 21-3. Sloppy.

Move 'em to London.

Jags too while we're at it. And lets have the Chargers and Raiders engage in open blood sport. I'm talking mace, chain mail, axes, the whole shebang.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, I'm not doing a full power ranking off week one because it's really hard past the middling and some of the high rollers may stand on clay feet.

ESPN has the top ten thusly:
1) NE; 2) GB; 3) Sea; 4) Den; 5) Dal;
6) Ari; 7) KC; 8) Cin; 9)Buf; 10) SD

My top ten:

1. New England--holds last season serve, if not as dominantly as I'd anticipated. Still a well oiled machine in week one.

Then it gets messy for me...impossible even. Why? Well, Green Bay did beat a division foe on the road, but that foe was Chicago and it took a customary Cutler failure in crunch time to cement it. So is that really worth number two?

Seattle at third? On a loss that made its defense look anything but dominant against the world beating who at qb for the Saint Louis come agains?

See what I mean?

Denver looked frighteningly bad on offense and Peyton has a lot of people wondering if that injured stretch at the end of last year wasn't the wheels coming off.

Dallas needed help against a suspect Giants. Arizona looked great, especially in the 4th quarter, but they were at home against the Saints, who haven't scarred anyone in a while.

KC...encouraging performance in the air and we know they're solid on defense, but another win that wasn't dominant against a team with a suspect offense.

The Bengals played Oakland, so who knows what that means.

San Diego--A solid win, but at home and with the thing that made Detroit dangerous, its pass rush, playing on other teams now.

So other than New England, I'm waiting for next week to shake out.

A few winners: Buffalo and Tennessee, maybe. Two teams with potential solutions under center to build around. Atlanta looked solid, SF didn't look like the complete mess you almost figured we'd see.

Saint Louis. If that wasn't a fluke, they could be this year's Arizona, unless Arizona ends up doing it. :think:

Losers? Baltimore lost more than a game with Suggs going down. Tampa Bay and Winston looked like a match in the worst sense, but it's early. Denver needs to make an offensive statement, well, a different kind. Lots to prove for lots of folks in week two.

I'll preview the match ups later in the week.

drbrumley

Week 2 Power poll

1. New England (1-0). What more can anyone say, 14-2 in the last 16 games with a 4 game win streak. Then beating a playoff team from last year to open the year.

2. Green Bay. (1-0)

3. Dallas. (1-0)

4. Denver. (1-0)

5. Seattle. (0-1)

6. Indianapolis (0-1)

7. Arizona (1-0)

8. Cincinnati (1-0)

9. Buffalo (1-0)

10. Kansas City (1-0)

Rest tomorrow or Thursday

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, brace yourselves....I'll be using a slightly new system for addressing the games from here on out. The line with a + for the favored and the split will tell you how the betters are addressing the line, so in game (1) sixty percent of those betting are betting KC will cover the +2.5 they're favored to win by.

Week 2​

1. Den @ KC: the Broncos are coming off an anemic battle of fgs win against Baltimore. The Chiefs looked more like a complete team in their road win over Houston, but it was an easier get.
The Line: KC +2.5
The Split: 60/40 for KC.
My Pick: I'm taking the Chiefs at home. This week will tell us more about both teams and their signal callers.

2. Atl @ Gia: Eli and company lost a close one they shouldn't have at Dallas. Whether that means they're getting better or Dallas worse is up for grabs, but both teams looked solid to me. Atlanta pulled out a home victory over a really good Philly team after mostly collapsing in the second half.
The Line: Gia +2.5
The Split: 55/45 for Atlanta
My Pick: if the Falcons had kept any of the gains from the first half in the second I'd feel good about taking the upset, but which half team will we get on the road? My money is on the latter and I'll take the Giants to cover.

3. NE @ Buf: Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in football. He's 4-9 against the Pats as a head coach, but most of the wins came when Sanchez was playing at a higher caliber and most of the losses after. This Bills team might easily be the best pool of talent Ryan has had and the most balanced. What will that mean for Pats' fans? Vegas seems to be thinking it's a push, amazingly enough.
The Line: NE +.5
The Split: the betters are unconvinced 68/32 for NE
My Pick: I'm not ready to annoint Ryan's crew just yet. Not even in Buffalo. I'll take NE to make the point.

4. Arz @ Chi: Arizona looked solid in their win over NO last week, with Palmer posting an able qbr and the Cardinals defense making Brees post one of his worst performances of any year while shutting down the Saints run. Cutler was horrible against GB with Forte single handedly keeping Chicago in contention.
The Line: Arz +2.5
The Split: 76/24 Arz
My Pick: I'm with the money. Take Arizona to start the "dump Cutler" wagon going again.

5. SD @ Cin: two good, but not great teams coming off good, but not great wins.
The Line: Cin +3.5
The Split: about 50/50, so that line is worrying people.
My Pick: I'm going to take a traditionally solid home team in a nervous gesture of support. Cin.

6. Ten @ Cle: mostly interesting because we'll get to see Mariota continue his NFL learning curve facing what amounts to a scout team...and Johnny will get another chance to show us...anything, really.
The Line: Ten +1.5
The Split: 82/18 Titans
My Pick: I don't understand that line. It's begging Ten fans to jump on, but why? I'll take the Titans going away.

7. Det @ Min: the "what will Bridgewater do with a running game" theme imploded in the embarrassing loss to a team people were shoveling dirt over in the offseason. Peterson ran 10 times for just over thirty yards and Teddy threw a pick against no tds. And it was a miracle the score was only 20-3 against. Detroit, on the other hand, was awful in their loss, a fact hidden by the score. Stafford was up and down and just up enough to put up a couple and set up a third td.
The Line: Min +2.5
The Split: 69/31 Detroit
My Pick: It's hard to pick with teams playing this badly. I have it a push...but someone is bound to win. I'll take the Vikings at home with a lot more AP than last week.

8. SL @ Was: if you saw or read about SL beating the Seahawks you know that there's a pretty good team going into Washington. Washington...Cousins was so bad it's hard to imagine RGIII not doing better, but the coach seems determined not to play him. Okay.
The Line: SL +3.5
The Split: 86/14
My Pick: another head scratching line. Is Vegas concerned about the consistency of Foles? Or are they just sure that half point is the difference? I like SL by as much as 10 so...I'll take those points.

9. TB @ NO: two teams impressing no one at present. One of them will get better after this game.
The Line: NO +9.5
The Split: 67/33 NO
My Pick: that's a big line for the Saints to cover...and that's an awful Tampa team to do it on...okay, I'm marchin in with NO.

10. SF @ Pit: a week ago I wouldn't have cared. But then SF looked like it wasn't ready to be buried and Pit played a solid, balanced game in New England that moved the ball in a loss and now...
The Line: Pit +6.5
The Split: 56/44 SF
My Pick: another big line...SF was tough at home, but they weren't tested by the run and the Steelers will do that. I hate, hate the half point. But I'll take Pit anyway.

11. Hou @ Car: a likely qb change in Houston, but will it be enough to overcome Cam and co. at home? Carolina played poorly but was out poorlied by Jacksonville in the latter's home opener. Houston just had the wrong guy under center.
The Line: Car +3.5
The Split: 50/50
My Pick: I don't get the confusion in the betting pool. I'd have it a push without changing qbs. With? Hard to imagine it going worse. Maybe the thought is Cam has to play better this week. I'm taking the visitor and hoping he doesn't.

12. Bal @ Oak: the Ravens have lost an irreplaceable captain and pass rushing force in Suggs, but they're still a more talented team than this budding group in Oakland. The Raiders have some pieces at skill positions, but they're a year or two from getting their feet.
The Line: Bal +6.5
The Split: 80/20 Bal
My Pick: another big line, but no reason to think the Ravens should struggle to cover it. Oakland couldn't stop the pass or the run in their loss and there's not a chance Flacco will follow a disastrous opening performance (30th qbr) against Denver without a rally against this defense. Give me Bal.

13. Mia @ Jac: and the "must see" week two games keep coming, don't they? :plain:
The Line: Mia +6.5
The Split: 78/22 Mia
My Pick: the only thing worth noting is that Jacksonville has 22% of the suckers thinking they'll contest a td margin of victory. Not me. I'm taking Mia.

14. Dal @ Phi: my favorite game if not for the Cowboys losing their spark plug at wr. Philly is, against all odds/trades and releases, making Kelly continue to look good despite many hoping for something else. Dallas played solid, balanced football in their opener, but their rushing game wasn't what it will need to be this week. Philly was leaky on passing yards, but opportunistic on take aways in their narrow loss, while limiting Atlanta's so-so running game.
The Line: Phi +4.5
The Split: 56/44 Philly
My Pick: not a lot of confidence in that line...I'm not a fan either. Philly on a hunch.

15. Sea @ GB: now THIS is the game of the week. We get to see if the Hawks' defense that gave up thirty plus against a good qb will be regrouping or continuing to come apart with arguably the best under center coming for them. No doubling down either, with Lacy hitting the line. Speaking of...
The Line: GB +3.5
The Split: 63/37 GB
My Pick: A two game skid would be trouble in Seattle. But GB is at home and looking sharper on offense than the Hawks are on defense about now...I like the Pack by seven, so I'll take those points.

16. Jets @ Ind: a wound licking game for Indy.
The Line: Ind +6.5
The Split: 62/37 Ind
My Pick: if the Colts don't cover it could be a long recovery for both of us. Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.