NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That actually was, believe it or not. And I disagree with him re: Buffalo.
In what particular? You think they're better or worse?

Anyway, my biggest problem at the start of the season is that I don't have time to do the sort of statistical analysis I did before Jack and more of life in general came along. It takes a few weeks to shake out the model and I cross fingers that the damage during that time is nominal. :eek:

Also, sorry you were out during the resolution of deflate-gate. I was fully committed to eating crow on my prediction, if not on my analysis. :eek:

I'm mostly relieved it's over and I think the judge was right about the NFL in essence needing to get a consistent policy in place. Too bad he couldn't have vacated Kraft's agreement on the other part. Don't get me wrong, I think the Pats have partially fudged their way to some of their glory, but until it's proven in a court they're no different, for all I know, than any number of teams with laurels (see: Jerry Rice and stickum).

Maybe all this will end up doing good for the game in the long run and this commissioner will be known for the betterment his policy blunders resulted in seeing put in place. How funny would that be.

drbrumley

Week 2 Power poll

1. New England Patriots (1-0).
2. Green Bay Packers (1-0)
3. Dallas Cowboys (1-0)
4. Denver Broncos (1-0)
5. Arizona Cardinals (1-0)
6. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0)
7. Buffalo Bills (1-0)
8. Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)
9. San Diego Chargers (1-0)
10. San Francisco 49'ers (1-0)
11. Miami Dolphins (1-0)
12. Carolina Panthers (1-0)
13. St. Louis Rams (1-0)
14. Atlanta Falcons (1-0)
15. New York Jets (1-0)
16. Tennessee Titans (1-0)
17. Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
18. Indianapolis Colts (0-1)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (0-1)
20. Detroit Lions (0-1)
21. Baltimore Ravens (0-1)
22. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1)
23. Houston Texans (0-1)
24. New Orleans Saints (0-1)
25. Minnesota Vikings (0-1)
26. Cleveland Browns (0-1)
27. New York Giants (0-1)
28. Washington Redskins (0-1)
29. Chicago Bears (0-1)
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1)
31. Oakland Raiders (0-1)
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
See, this is the problem with power rankings short of four to six weeks.

Week 2 Power poll
15. New York Jets (1-0)
16. Tennessee Titans (1-0)
Does anyone really think Seattle wouldn't crush half the teams abov it? Or that Philly wouldn't take car of Indy?

17. Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
18. Indianapolis Colts (0-1)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (0-1)
26. Cleveland Browns (0-1)
27. New York Giants (0-1)
Or that the Giants couldn't dismantle Cleveland?

drbrumley

See, this is the problem with power rankings short of four to six weeks.

Does anyone really think Seattle wouldn't crush half the teams abov it? Or that Philly wouldn't take car of Indy?

Or that the Giants couldn't dismantle Cleveland?

Maybe, maybe not. I do think Seattle would crush them. I would also think Seattle should have crushed the Rams. But they lost instead.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe, maybe not. I do think Seattle would crush them. I would also think Seattle should have crushed the Rams. But they lost instead.
The Rams appear to be a pretty good team. And Seattle may be coming back a little to the pack. In any event a pretty good team can beat a better one on the right day. I had it a Seattle and seven, or, Seattle is better but not so much that an upset was unimaginable.

Now if Oakland beat Seattle it would have been staggering. I'd have had that one a near three td edge for the Hawks. Seven is surprising, but doable.

This week there could only be a handful of real shockers.

If Cle beat Ten, or Oak beat Bal, or the Jests beat Indy, or Tampa upset NO. :eek: Call one of those right and you make money.

Vegas likes 6 games under a fg, 4 barely over, so most games are arguably close on paper.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Rams appear to be a pretty good team.

And they are not yet complete. Now the QB is not on the sidelines on crutches like Bradford was for so long. Fisher is just itching to turn loose Gurley. But no reason to rush an injury.

And this guy.

Nebraska could not win with him

This is reason enough to fire a coach who can't win 10 or 11 games with him on the field against other college kids. I watched his highlights on the Big Ten Network weekly through his career.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Thanks, Peyton, you managed to screw up my pick em league before the weekend.:doh:

Sure looked like old man river was finished early on. But there's a little magic left, isn't there? Never count out the greats. I remember that '06 AFC title game.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Still basking in the glow.... :cloud9:

When he started throwing angry, and stepping up into the pocket, that's when he looked like vintage Peyton. That guy I know full well, and he's scary.

The QB rolling right after a handoff? Whatever Kubiak's trying to turn him into? Nope, don't recognize him at all. I think he's the one who sings with that quartet.

Status
Not open for further replies.