NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caledvwlch

Beats me. I made seven thanks to GB so I'm still hoping for 8-8.

Counting Thursday, I'm 9-6, thanks to a last minute flip-flop on my part. The same flip-flop I made this morning by changing my pick to Indy for tonight.

Because they were playing a team they should have been better than...Suggs was the WC and there was reason to believe a top tier qb would return to form.

I forgot to mention that I'm playing this picks pool this season without watching a single minute of NFL football on TV, so I'm wondering if my record will slowly start to get worse as the teams start to come into their own.

Losing to Jacksonville should cost a team a draft pick. :mmph:

Completely reasonable.

I take it you called Dallas to win. I thought about it, but nope...ah, well. Next week then.

I had Dallas, yes, but really just took the points.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you know you want it
You know, I don't even miss it. And I would have First Take and the show that started out as Numbers Never Lie on like clockwork while I wrote, mix in a little Cowherd.

We got a Roku, subscribed to Hulu Plus and Netflix and watch about a third of the tv we once did but enjoy what we watch a good bit more...oh, we also got an HD antenna that gives us crystal clear HD locals. No recording, but if I don't care enough to watch it when it comes on I can catch it later when on Hulu or much later en mass on Netflix.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which 0-2 team is most surprising to be 0-2? (all made the playoffs last year)

Seahawks
Ravens
Colts
Lions

Caledvwlch

Seahawks
Ravens
Colts
Lions

The Lions could have won the Superbowl last year and I still wouldn't be surprised to see them at 0-2.

I picked Baltimore and Indy both weeks so far, and I took Seattle's opponent both weeks, so I guess to answer your question, I'm equally surprised by the Ravens and Colts.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Is it too early to say the Colts just aren't as good as advertised?

What's this team's identity? What have they done with this roster? Who's intimidated by their defense or going into the dome? Where's the running game? And what the heck is wrong with Luck?

Caledvwlch

What's this team's identity? What have they done with this roster? Who's intimidated by their defense or going into the dome? Where's the running game? And what the heck is wrong with Luck?

What's an identity? I guess their identity is "we lost our last three games and it wasn't even close."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Seahawks
Ravens
Colts
Lions
Well, no one really ever expects much of the Lions.
The Ravens are hobbled and should be reloading a little on top, so it's not a "You've got to be kidding" sort of shock.
The Seahawks? Tough to win in GB, but the SL loss...
My Colts...showed flashes of awful and good last year.

Mostly we beat people we should have beaten. We beat the Jaguars and Titans and Houston. We beat Washington and the Bengals in our dome. We struggled against Cleveland and Dallas handed us our hats 42-7 late in the year, and before that the Steelers and Pats had.

In fact, look at the real record against the better teams before the punchers chance in the playoffs commenced. It's not that good.

So we go into the Titans game now with a middling and suspect defense, a decent passing attack and we can't run the ball. Sound familiar?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

They are not. I surmised that from one half of preseason against the Rams out here. I think if he started in Denver, he would have monster numbers. Not to slight the obviously aging Manning.

drbrumley

Well, Just doing tomorrows game.

I just cannot go with the Giants at 3.5.

Giants will not win this game by 4 or more, so Redskins.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm the sucker, the Redskins suck.

I should've remembered what Eli can do when his back's against the wall.:doh:

That said, I was convinced the Giants were really that bad and the Skins just barely better. I'm 0-3 on Thursday night games so far. Yeeeeeeesh.

Caledvwlch

I should've remembered what Eli can do when his back's against the wall.:doh:

That said, I was convinced the Giants were really that bad and the Skins just barely better. I'm 0-3 on Thursday night games so far. Yeeeeeeesh.

I'll take the Skins when they're getting, say, 52 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.