NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I admit he's the greatest coach in the game and one the best the NFL's ever seen. And not even the league was stupid insidious or sly enough to suggest he had anything whatsoever to do with the non-existing latest scandal, so, not sure what you're going for.

he's a thief and scoundrel, a cheater at best - the best cheater the NFL has ever seen -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I admit he's the greatest coach in the game and one the best the NFL's ever seen.

My only argument against that is that without Brady, he hasn't done much.

I'm curious as to whether Belichick will continue coaching after Brady retires, and if he does, if he will continue to win.

Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's. Without Brady, Belichick hasn't won a post-season game.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I'm curious as to whether Belichick will continue coaching after Brady retires, and if he does, if he will continue to win.

Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's. Without Brady, Belichick hasn't won a post-season game.

belichick made brady

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Congratulations to the Cleveland Browns for adding another opening day loss to your already NFL all-time record of 10 straight opening day losses in a row.

As of today, the new NFL all-time record for opening-day losses in a row is 11 years by the Cleveland Browns (2005 - 2015)

In second place are three teams with 9.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Yeah, it'll be a constant debate--would these two have broken out on their own and gone on to greatness eventually, or do they need each other?

In Brady's case I tend to think yes, simply because of his sheer will. Whether he'd have gone on to the same level of greatness outside of New England...that I tend to doubt.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Brady's case I tend to think yes, simply because of his sheer will. Whether he'd have gone on to the same level of greatness outside of New England...that I tend to doubt.

It was all Brady.

Just think if Brady would have had the teammates Montana or Bradshaw had had.

How many HOF'ers have played with Brady for at least 5 years?

Other than Moss and Gronk, what offensive teammates has Brady had who compare to who Montana and Bradshaw had?

Granite

Hall of Fame
It was all Brady.

Just think if Brady would have had the teammates Montana or Bradshaw had had.

How many HOF'ers have played with Brady for at least 5 years?

Other than Moss and Gronk, what offensive teammates has Brady had who compare to who Montana and Bradshaw had?

Well he's already done far more with less than others and just look at the stats as they are--what else he could've done is...mind boggling, really. He's set the bar pretty high as it is.

Hall of Famers? Nah, Moss and Gronk are it. He was throwing to David Givens, David Patten, Christian Fauria, Deion Branch...heroes around here, but virtually unknown anywhere else.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
it is the coach who gets you to the playoffs
and
it is the coach who gets you to the super bowl

peyton is not a very good coach

Is it the coach or is it the players?

To Belichick's credit, he has a knack for drafting and free agency.

Other coaches don't have as much input with drafting and free agency (i.e. Dallas Cowboys).

Some coaches are really good at getting talent, but not so good on game day. Other coaches are the opposite.

For whatever reason, all the puzzle pieces have fit nicely in New England.

No other team has been so dominant for such a length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.