NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

It's not a prediction on my part, but a wish. Of course, the last time a 7-9 team went to the playoffs, they beat the heavily favored Saints, so you never know. It'll be fun to watch. :cheers:

My Boys got it handed to them, I could not watch the entire game ! I hate to say it, but my boy Smitty must go, and the OC, the Offense played terrible, you cant win without scoring points ! We pick # 8 in the Draft, Need to Get stronger in OL and Vicious Pass Rusher, that will help our pretty good young DBs !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Belichick's record as a head coach when Tom Brady is not the QB: 52-62

oh really?

Really. He went from a moron to a genius over night? Is that what you think? The record stands.

what is brady's record without bilichick?

Well, that is highschool and at Michigan. So do you really want it for the NFL discussion? Are you mad because a ND head coach showed he is also not really a genius?

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Really. He went from a moron to a genius over night? Is that what you think? The record stands.

Well, that is highschool and at Michigan. So do you really want it for the NFL discussion? Are you mad because ND head coach showed he is also not really a genius?

is brady better than peyton?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
At some things. They are both all time greats and legends.

there is a big difference between the two
if
you just look at quarterback stats
and
the playoff game records

don't you agree?
how would you account for that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jan 3:
Arz @ Car
Bal @ Pit

Jan 4:
Cin @ Ind
Det @ Dal
I'm taking the road teams
:think: There's an argument to be made...

Arz @ Car Hard to know what you're getting with Arizona or Carolina, if for different reasons. Hate calling that one and I'm going to think about it for a while. My inclination is to take the better balance, which is Carolina, but if that Cardinals defense is on their game and the offense gives them anything....:idunno: I have the home team by a fg at present.

Bal @ Pit should be a good one, but the Steelers have to be favored. I have them by 6. They pasted Baltimore the last time the Ravens came visiting and this team is playing better while the Ravens have been up and down...depends on how the injury to Bell plays out. If he's not in the line up or too beat up to play his game it changes things.

Cin @ Ind It's a pick'em game. Dead heat. You never know what you're getting with Dalton on the road and Indy? Should be as good as they need to at home. I'd probably take the against with whoever ends up being favored.

Det @ Dal The Cowboys have won six out of seven in the home stretch...and avenged the one embarrassing home loss to Philly with a strong showing in the rematch win late...I'd have no problem calling Dallas on the road, but for whatever reason they get distracted at home. Go figure. Detroit has talent, assuming it's all on the field for the game. But the way they're playing now I like the Cowboys by as much as 10 in the one game that really shouldn't be a contest (well that and the Pittsburgh game, depending).

Granite

Hall of Fame
That was a nice little surprise. Plus it saved a solid two minutes of over-blown pregame silliness.

Oh and everybody else after that had to do the same thing. At least for a few years. I haven't watched that many Superbowl pregames in recent years.

It's pretty much tradition at this point. What team would have the cajones to start the individual intros again?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is Belichicks record when Tom Brady is not running the offense?

His other NFL quarterbacks were Vinny Testeverde and Drew Bledsoe. And a few games with Bernie Kosar when he cut Kosar as the Browns were in first place.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Finished my ESPN prediction game ranking 144 and 99.6% compared to the field. A lot of competition this year.
Well done. :cheers:

Upcoming:

Jan 3:
Arz @ Car
Bal @ Pit

Jan 4:
Cin @ Ind
Det @ Dal

I'm taking the road teams

I'll take....

Car
Pit
Indy
Dallas

I think that last game is the toughest. Pittsburgh vs Baltimore is also tough because of the rivalry aspect.
I just don't put any confidence at all in Cincy even though Indy has looked pretty weak lately.
Carolina has looked better lately and Arizona has no QB.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well done. :cheers:
Thanks. My best year was pre Jack, when I had a more complicated model. I was 15th that year and would have ranked higher but I missed calling a game that was a no brainer win for almost everyone. That would have tied me for 5th...I was torn between pride and bitterness for days. :eek:

Just found the opening lines for the upcoming games:
I'll take....
Car
The line I'm seeing is Carolina by 4.5 and I'm with you there.
Steelers by 3.5. I have it 6 so I'm in.
Colts are a 4 point favorite, so I'd take the Bengals given I have it dead even...though Indy could win by a fg and make me happy all around. :)
Dallas by 7. I had it eleven in my last look and now Su is sidelined.

Granite

Hall of Fame
As a Detroiter by birth and Lions fan (hey, ya gotta have an NFC team, right?) I can't really express how infuriated I am by Suh's actions. Picked a swell time to get a one-game suspension. Any chance Detroit had of upsetting Dallas (slim already) just went completely out the window.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Now if you forget trending and played averages, points yielded against points gained and weighed the difference against one another, team to team, you'd find that the greatest likelihood for upset would be Baltimore by as much as 2.5.

Detroit is unlikely to win in any scenario, but could by that margin defeat the spread and hold it to a five point game.

The Colts, by that measure, should just cover the four.

Dallas should only be upset by any metric as pertains to the line, being held within five points by at least one measure.

So forgetting the incalculable Arizona game, only the Colts seem sure to make their line by almost every metric, except my lite model, that has the pick'em running the line in favor of the visitor.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As a Detroiter by birth and Lions fan (hey, ya gotta have an NFC team, right?) I can't really express how infuriated I am by Suh's actions. Picked a swell time to get a one-game suspension. Any chance Detroit had of upsetting Dallas (slim already) just went completely out the window.

I thought Detroit had a good chance at going into Dallas and winning but Suh being out makes that tougher. I picked Dallas just by a bit earlier and now I feel a bit more comfortable in that. I still hope Detroit wins though.

shagster01

I thought Detroit had a good chance at going into Dallas and winning but Suh being out makes that tougher. I picked Dallas just by a bit earlier and now I feel a bit more comfortable in that. I still hope Detroit wins though.

Spoiler
10869377_847529415293748_1916722226905968390_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
His other NFL quarterbacks were Vinny Testeverde and Drew Bledsoe. And a few games with Bernie Kosar when he cut Kosar as the Browns were in first place.

you continue to post things that don't matter
and
you continue to ignore the only two things that are significant

peyton has all the passing records
and
brady has all the playoff records

how do you explain that?

IMJerusha

Cin @ Ind It's a pick'em game. Dead heat. You never know what you're getting with Dalton on the road and Indy? Should be as good as they need to at home. I'd probably take the against with whoever ends up being favored.

Straight from the horse's mouth, the Steelers game was his fault but I have to lay that square on AJ Green and he was told so. I'm laying my bets on Bengals at Indy providing Sanu is an available receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.