NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
oh really?
what is brady's record without bilichick?
you can replace brady
but
you can't replace bilichick
everyone agrees peyton is the better qb
so
why doesn't his playoff record reflect that?
Because Bill is a better coach than Peyton with better team defenses. Put Peyton on those Pats teams and I think most of his years would look like Brady's amazing Moss season. That said, Manning has me wondering if he isn't psychologically snake bit...this will be the run that tells us. If he can't do it again now he's not going to. Tick-tock.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because Bill is a better coach than Peyton with better team defenses. Put Peyton on those Pats teams and I think most of his years would look like Brady's amazing Moss season. That said, Manning has me wondering if he isn't psychologically snake bit...this will be the run that tells us. If he can't do it again now he's not going to. Tick-tock.

somehow I think you will give him at least one more chance
but
thanks anyway

for supporting my argument

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
somehow I think you will give him at least one more chance
He'll have another year or two if he wants it there and unless he's injured or his arm deteriorates to the point he can't make up the difference with timing (and Marino said the arm is the last thing) absent injury he'll stand a puncher's chance, but this is his last best year for it. Too many younger bucks and teams coming.

but
thanks anyway

for supporting my argument
De nada. A truly great coach is worth more than a great player, though a great coach still needs a great player under center to create a dynasty.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nor me. The Chiefs lost and are basically eliminated but I still got some joy this weekend at seeing Denver lose. :plain: And Baltimore. .
I suppose being a Chief's fan taking joy in the defeat of others by others is a necessity. :eek: Especially if you want something to do in the post season.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It takes both to have a dynasty.

Peyton Manning proves you wrong.

Peyton made Jim Mora, Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, and now John Fox; look like "geniuses".

Not counting his years at Cleveland, Belichick was 5-13 at New England with Drew Bledsoe as his QB before Brady.

Don't be surprised if Belichick retires when Brady retires.

beloved57

Beat Carolina !

Beat Carolina !

My Boys should be able to beat Carolina at Home, for their defense cant stop our Offence if they Play Well ! If we beat Carolina we will host a 1st round Playoff Game at the Ga Dome !

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the greatest thing bilichick did was just before one of the super bowls
instead of introducing the individual players like the others all do
he introduced the team
he is truly the first team coach
at a time when you all just want to talk about individuals

Caledvwlch

My Boys should be able to beat Carolina at Home, for their defense cant stop our Offence if they Play Well ! If we beat Carolina we will host a 1st round Playoff Game at the Ga Dome !

And if so, may be they be thrashed unmercifully by a visiting 12-4 or 11-5 team.

Caledvwlch

the greatest thing bilichick did was just before one of the super bowls
instead of introducing the individual players like the others all do
he introduced the team
he is truly the first team coach
at a time when you all just want to talk about individuals

That was a nice little surprise. Plus it saved a solid two minutes of over-blown pregame silliness.

Oh and everybody else after that had to do the same thing. At least for a few years. I haven't watched that many Superbowl pregames in recent years.

beloved57

And if so, may be they be thrashed unmercifully by a visiting 12-4 or 11-5 team.

I dont know about that. Our Offence when it plays well is one of the Tops in the League and can be unstoppable, and that makes our defense play a little better because they get more rest.

Caledvwlch

I dont know about that. Our Offence when it plays well is one of the Tops in the League and can be unstoppable, and that makes our defense play a little better because they get more rest.

It's not a prediction on my part, but a wish. Of course, the last time a 7-9 team went to the playoffs, they beat the heavily favored Saints, so you never know. It'll be fun to watch. :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Finished my ESPN prediction game ranking 144 and 99.6% compared to the field. A lot of competition this year.

Had a 10 win week after starting out a disappointing 0-2 with the Pats and Min failing to hold their lines. My other four losses were a gamble on SL (looked good for a while), Houston giving up too many points to Jacksonville, Denver putting a harder whipping than I thought they would and Atlanta's embarrassing collapse.

Called the Jets upset of Miami and the line upset by TB, Arz and Philly. A great deal of fun.

Upcoming:

Jan 3:
Arz @ Car
Bal @ Pit

Jan 4:
Cin @ Ind
Det @ Dal

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Welp, Chiefs did what they had to do but didn't get the other help they needed (which I didn't expect them to get). At least we knocked San Diego out. :mock: Chargers

Hopefully Rodgers' calf heals up completely for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.