NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is so classic Dallas it's not even funny: At home against a team you're supposed to beat, and they manage to blow it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
my top five
detr
Interesting team. They're quietly playing playoff football without their best offensive weapon. Could be dangerous come the actual playoffs.
A half step back with their loss to Cin.
I've liked them for some time now, but their test should come against Seattle. Luckily for them it happens at home...but they can't look past anyone or a team like Buffalo could sneak up on them. Solid unit.
Good and will be in it but not on the level of the best AFC team, the one you consistently omit and in omitting marginalize your opinion, Denver. When the qb of SD tells you they aren't as good you might want to think about that.
Good team with a serious shot at their division.

Top AFC teams:
Den, NE, SD, KC, Bal

Top NFC teams:
GB, Phi, Sea, Det, Arz

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Cardinals have gone even longer than the Cleveland Brown since winning a championship. :chuckle:

Yep, so have the Lions, Eagles, and Vikings.

Longest championship droughts:

Cardinals 1947

Lions 1957

Eagles 1960

Vikings - never (they have existed since 1961)

Browns 1964

The Berean

The 1947 Cardinals beat the Eagles for the NFL title. The Eagles beat the Steelers to advance to the NFL title game. That was the Steelers only playoff game from 1933-71.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The 1947 Cardinals beat the Eagles for the NFL title. The Eagles beat the Steelers to advance to the title game. That was the Steelers only playoff game until the 1970's.

Yes, I'm really glad I grew up in Pittsburgh when I did. However, I was spoiled in the 1970's

1971 Pirates win World Series
1974 Steelers win Super Bowl
1975 Steelers win Super Bowl
1976 Pitt wins National Championship
1978 Steelers win Super Bowl
1979 Steelers win Super Bowl
1979 Pirates win World Series

The Berean

That must have been a fun time! I'm sure you remember this cover.

StargellBradshaw_zps9a7662ee.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That must have been a fun time!

Yes, but the last decade wasn't bad:

2005 Steelers win Super Bowl
2007 Penguins make it to Stanley Cup
2008 Steelers win Super Bowl
2008 Penguins win Stanley Cup
2010 Steelers make it to Super Bowl

Although, I would rather have a World Series instead of a Stanley Cup.

So, enjoy the ride your Giants are having, not to mention your 49'ers have had three really good years

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes, but the last decade wasn't bad:

2005 Steelers win Super Bowl
2007 Penguins make it to Stanley Cup
2008 Steelers win Super Bowl
2008 Penguins win Stanley Cup
2010 Steelers make it to Super Bowl

Although, I would rather have a World Series instead of a Stanley Cup.

So, enjoy the ride your Giants are having, not to mention your 49'ers have had three really good years

New England's had a pretty good run lately...:think:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
New England's had a pretty good run lately...:think:

Yes they have.

The Boston teams won 8 championships from 2001 - 2013

Considering the Patriots had never won a championship before, and that it had been over 80 years for the Red Sox, I'm sure both of those championships (2001 Pats & 2004 Sox) were very exciting.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes they have.

The Boston teams won 8 championships from 2001 - 2013

Considering the Patriots had never won a championship before, and that it had been over 80 years for the Red Sox, I'm sure both of those championships (2001 Pats & 2004 Sox) were very exciting.

We just celebrated the ten-year anniversary of that Sox team. The disbelief is only now starting to wear off. Kind of. The fact that we're still technically world champs (until maybe tonight) blows my mind.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We just celebrated the ten-year anniversary of that Sox team. The disbelief is only now starting to wear off. Kind of.

Not only was it big because it had been over 80 years since they last won a World Series, but the fact that they came back from 0-3 against the Yankees in the ALCS made it even more astonishing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not only was it big because it had been over 80 years since they last won a World Series, but the fact that they came back from 0-3 against the Yankees in the ALCS made it even more astonishing.

Those goofy Idiots made hell freeze over. After we'd vanquished New York the actual Series felt pretty anti-climatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.