Myself and Welfare

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
What we have is not capitalism, or, at the very least, it's not pure capitalism. We do not have a free market

It's capitalism, and a vicious one in that it subjugates people by it.

Right, because people are too lazy and used to living off the teat of the government.

Most people on welfare work. They weren't 'blessed' with the opportunities that these 'blessed' people have.
Modern Christianity, particularly American right wing Christianity, has basically just turned conflated greed and/or indifference with having been the apple of God's eyes and everyone else are just, well, bad.

Do all employers "exploit" their employees?

Not at first, but ultimately yes.
Capitalism is the art of greed, you eventually have to rip people off at some point and that's exactly what happens.
God says that if a man does not work, he shall not eat.

A statement which, when even implied by the more fortunate is in and of itself inherently wicked. While they live 'blessed', they have a loaf of bread on a hook and have others render to their will.

God commands men to "serve one another."

Funny how it conveniently only works one way.
In fact, you are quick to scourge the less fortunate by the Old Law while setting it aside for the fortunate who are no less guilty of anything.

Very slanted bias, which connects with I mentioned about modern, American Christianity.

Any job will do, so long as they're working.

It's not enough, and those as yourself don't even pretend it is so why even make that statement

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Schizophrenia F20. I do not even know if there was an official doctor.
Schizophrenia patients get confused easily.
Medication can help with that.
Talk with your parents about it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Schizophrenia patients get confused easily.
Medication can help with that.
Talk with your parents about it.

I am on court ordered medication right now, but I do not think that I need it. I do talk to my parents. Confused about why I am being treated this way does not equate to a need for medication. And is it welfare? It is difficult to find work how I have been moved around. I was with my parents and I have bachelor degrees since I was first diagnosed with something. People do not know what they are doing with someone's life when they give them a diagnosis.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Most people on welfare work. They weren't 'blessed' with the opportunities that these 'blessed' people have.

please describe these people on welfare who didn't have the opportunity to get an education, do well in school and graduate high school

please describe these people on welfare who didn't have an opportunity to go to a community college and get a degree in a field with job opportunities, or go to trade school and learn a trade

Arthur Brain

There may have been a name change which might make you correct.

Oh, it hasn't been called DHSS in years but if you live in America then the government department that deals with security payments won't have been called that anyway.

Arthur Brain

I am on court ordered medication right now, but I do not think that I need it. I do talk to my parents. Confused about why I am being treated this way does not equate to a need for medication. And is it welfare? It is difficult to find work how I have been moved around. I was with my parents and I have bachelor degrees since I was first diagnosed with something. People do not know what they are doing with someone's life when they give them a diagnosis.

Jacob, if you have schizophrenia then you need medication and if it's court ordered then it's for a reason. A friend of mine suffers with it and when he stopped his meds he ended up getting sectioned in a psychiatric hospital for a month under the mental health act. He was kicked off sickness benefits by a panel that clearly didn't understand the severity of the condition and he lost touch with reality as a result of coming off his medication. He's back on the meds and sickness benefits now. You can't self diagnose well being Jacob and if you're prescribed medication then it's for a reason. You'll also be receiving sickness payments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, it hasn't been called DHSS in years but if you live in America then the government department that deals with security payments won't have been called that anyway.

Jacob, if you have schizophrenia then you need medication and if it's court ordered then it's for a reason. A friend of mine suffers with it and when he stopped his meds he ended up getting sectioned in a psychiatric hospital for a month under the mental health act. He was kicked off sickness benefits by a panel that clearly didn't understand the severity of the condition and he lost touch with reality as a result of coming off his medication. He's back on the meds and sickness benefits now. You can't self diagnose well being Jacob and if you're prescribed medication then it's for a reason. You'll also be receiving sickness payments.
I was fine recently, told I was religiously preoccupied, detained having needed a place to stay for the night, and in the hospital for over two months while housing was established. I do not know what sickness payments are. The medication was not needed. People think that it was. Now through at least part of February.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
please describe these people on welfare who didn't have the opportunity to get an education, do well in school and graduate high school

please describe these people on welfare who didn't have an opportunity to go to a community college and get a degree in a field with job opportunities, or go to trade school and learn a trade

People who never had the resources in the first place to take advantage of such opportunities.
It probably varies from state to state, but in mine a person on welfare has to pay $500 a month which covers rent and utilities. They receive food benefits tailored to their income which really only foots about half of what a typical person will pay for food and they are not in any way tax exempt.

You treat them like 'bottom feeders' when it's merely assistance. As soon as they start making enough money to maybe go to college or something, the state demands that they get off welfare- the attitude is basically that the state will 'do this' and 'nothing more' and you will struggle either way.
Democrats have a lot of solutions for this, one being affordable education in which actually gives those people a realistic opportunity. But lo and behold, the Right doesn't want that either.
Seemingly, the Right doesn't want to actually do anything that doesn't cater to the wealthy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not know who added the mental health and therapy tags but they are not appropriate. Why?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you understand paying into Social Security and Medicare when you work?
In theory, sure.

Do you?

That is what I did before. I do not know if I applied for money or aid or if they chose to give it to me. There is Social Security and DSHS.
Sounds like something a phone call to a government department might clear up.

Eventually. :plain:

Are any rich people being taxed to feed the poor?

:rolleyes:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In theory, sure.

Do you?
I was working for the government at the time so I don't know if everyone does this.
Sounds like something a phone call to a government department might clear up.

Eventually. :plain:
Thanks. I am not sure if I will do this. If it can be answered here that would be good.
Serious question. I don't know anyone eating with taxpayers money.