ECT Moment of Salvation Compared to Water Baptism

glorydaz

Just listen to yourself...you have accepted a little bit of their false teachings, it shows when you cannot say yes you did do something, you obeyed Jesus who says to repent of your sins.

The works people misunderstand Paul as saying we don't have to do are the purification works.

Now that you know that, preach the truth more surely and say yes we have to do a work. Then quote James and Peter, and Jesus himself!

Get away, you imposter. You have no business on a Christian Forum. Go Badger the cults you got this nonsense from. Be gone. Stop badgering people with your lies and demands.

glorydaz

Stop posting just to insult. Do you really think that BR wants you to do that to me?

Stop telling me what to do you wicked witch....leading people astray and keeping them from hearing the Gospel of Grace. You should be cursed instead of allowed to post here. :down:

God's Truth

It is man's duty to believe, but it is the work of God to persuade us to believe.
Could you give scripture that says that?

Believing can't be a work because of what Paul writes here. "To him that worketh NOT, but believeth..." That shows plainly that believing is not a work of man's.

Paul the ex Pharisee was speaking about the purification works the people had to do and were doing for over 1,600 years.

Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

Think of all the things Jesus did to make people believe in Him. He healed the blind, raised the dead, fed the 5,000, miracle after miracle. Right? All that before He ever went to the Cross.

John 5:17 tells us, "My Father is working....and I am working."

Luke 24:19 Matthew 11:2 Mark 5:20 Luke 8:39

The only inspired writers I know of are found in the Bible, and it's there. Dying for sins probably tops the list.
What?

Salvation is a Gift we cannot earn with all our blood, sweat, tears, or good intentions. It's a gift so that man is never able to BOAST (which man is ever so prone to do), and that all the world will give all the Glory to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
The work that boasting in that was no longer allowed was the purification/ceremonial works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the law to boast in.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that read? That is about not boasting in making ourselves clean with things such as CIRCUMCISION.

Paul warns us to obey

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

So much for your beliefs.

We cease from our own efforts.

No way is that in the scriptures.

Jesus saves those who obey and do right.

Want scriptures?

Trusting and resting in Him is what we were created to do. This is how we stay out of the Lord's way, and He is able to perform His work in and through us. We are merely the body He uses to accomplish His will. He performs that work....not us. The Spirit even gives us the desire to please God. Our job is to trust and rest in Him.

Rest in the fact that you don't have to get circumcised and bring an animal to sacrifice.

Paul says WE ARE ALL WORKING all the time.

Paul says we are either working at sinning, or at doing right.

Where do you EVER get that obeying Jesus is now the way to Hell?

glorydaz

Could you give scripture that says that?

Spoiler
Paul the ex Pharisee was speaking about the purification works the people had to do and were doing for over 1,600 years.

What?

The work that boasting in that was no longer allowed was the purification/ceremonial works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the law to boast in.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that read? That is about not boasting in making ourselves clean with things such as CIRCUMCISION.

Paul warns us to obey

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

So much for your beliefs.

No way is that in the scriptures.

Jesus saves those who obey and do right.

Want scriptures?

Rest in the fact that you don't have to get circumcised and bring an animal to sacrifice.

Paul says WE ARE ALL WORKING all the time.

Paul says we are either working at sinning, or at doing right.

Where do you EVER get that obeying Jesus is now the way to Hell?

I gave scripture, and I never said anything about hell. Go away, minister of satan.

glorydaz

You do say that I am condemned for preaching obedience.

You call me Satan here now since I say we are to obey by repenting of our sins.

You are cursed for preaching your false gospel of works.

We are saved by Grace through faith....not of ourselves.

Look closely, you may see the difference.

God's Truth

John 6:28
Then they inquired, "What must we do to perform the works of God?"

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

1 Thessalonians 1:3
and continually recalling before our God and Father your work of faith, your labor of love, and your enduring hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

James 2:22
You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did.

Revelation 2:26
And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations.

2 Thessalonians 1:11
To this end, we always pray for you, that our God will count you worthy of His calling, and that He will powerfully fulfill your every good desire and work of faith,

and continually recalling before our God and Father your work of faith, your labor of love, and your enduring hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

God's Truth

You are cursed for preaching your false gospel of works.

We are saved by Grace through faith....not of ourselves.

Look closely, you may see the difference.

Not of ourselves means the purification works are not required anymore.

No such thing as Satan's minister for preaching obedience.

No such thing as no one has to obey anything.

glorydaz

Not of ourselves means the purification works are not required anymore.

"Not of ourselves" means NOTHING you do will save you. It means what it says, not what you claim it is saying.

The proof is that Paul was not even addressing the Jews here. These Gentiles had no idea of the "purification works" you keep rambling on about.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

This is what you refuse to admit. You refuse at your own peril.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

glorydaz

John 6:28
Then they inquired, "What must we do to perform the works of God?"

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

James 2:22
You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did.

Revelation 2:26
And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations.

2 Thessalonians 1:11
To this end, we always pray for you, that our God will count you worthy of His calling, and that He will powerfully fulfill your every good desire and work of faith,

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

Which has nothing to do with believing being a work of God.

God's Truth

"Not of ourselves" means NOTHING you do will save you. It means what it says, not what you claim it is saying.

You are wrong. Of course what we do matters. Paul says we are always doing something...he says we are always working at sin or at righteousness.

We have to do what the way says.

The proof is that Paul was not even addressing the Jews here. These Gentiles had no idea of the "purification works" you keep rambling on about.
hahahaha Of course the Gentiles knew.

Peter tells Cornelius that he knows it is UNLAWFUL for a Jews to associate with a Gentile. Yikes, lol, you don't know that it means Cornelius knew about what the Jews do.

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

Acts 15:21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath."

You are so wrong.
Those scriptures prove the Gentiles have understanding about the Jews.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

You gave a scripture that proves what I say.

This is what you refuse to admit. You refuse at your own peril.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

LoL more scripture from you proving what I said.

turbosixx

Believing can't be a work because of what Paul writes here. "To him that worketh NOT, but believeth..." That shows plainly that believing is not a work of man's.

Romans 4:4-5 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​
I would suggest Paul is talking about a specific set of works which are the works of the law of Moses, not works in general. Paul qualifies the works as works of the law in the previous chapter, Rom. 3:28. That is the narrative of the first 11 chapters, saved by faith and not by the law of Moses.

Think of all the things Jesus did to make people believe in Him. He healed the blind, raised the dead, fed the 5,000, miracle after miracle. Right? All that before He ever went to the Cross.

John 5:17 tells us, "My Father is working....and I am working."

Luke 24:19 Matthew 11:2 Mark 5:20 Luke 8:39
Those in John 6 wanted to do the work of belief, that's why they asked Jesus for a sign.

The only inspired writers I know of are found in the Bible, and it's there. Dying for sins probably tops the list.
Yes, Jesus died for our sins and that is found in the bible. I would suggest that Jesus' work on the cross is not found in the bible and is a creation of man. I would guess it give man comfort when they want to sin and willingly give in to it. The recent poll proves people believe that we do not need to turn from sin or stop sinning. So I guess we can live however we want after we trust him.

Salvation is a Gift we cannot earn with all our blood, sweat, tears, or good intentions. It's a gift so that man is never able to BOAST (which man is ever so prone to do), and that all the world will give all the Glory to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
I agree we cannot do anything to earn salvation.

We cease from our own efforts.
I would disagree.
Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

turbosixx

Where does the Bible say believing is a work? Chapter and verse.

John 6:28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Jesus is saying God requires us to believe and Jesus here is calling it work.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John 6:28 Then they said to him, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”

Jesus is saying God requires us to believe and Jesus here is calling it work.
It's a work of God, not a work that we do.

turbosixx

Just listen to yourself...you have accepted a little bit of their false teachings, it shows when you cannot say yes you did do something, you obeyed Jesus who says to repent of your sins.

The works people misunderstand Paul as saying we don't have to do are the purification works.

Now that you know that, preach the truth more surely and say yes we have to do a work. Then quote James and Peter, and Jesus himself!

I must have not made myself clear. We are not saved by works but we cannot stay saved without them.

Jn. 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

We have to bear fruit in order to be followers of Jesus.