ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

musterion

You went to a disp Bible college? That, I do not believe. You don't even know enough about how Acts 2 works to make it believable.

Danoh

My memory is in fact not the best lately. Medical issue...

Get well soon, Musti...

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Rom. 5:8

musterion

Thanks, I'm way ahead of you on that.

Since IP is being evasive and since I honestly can't recall who he said he learned disp'ism from, was it the usual Acts 2 bunch? I figure it had to be but even then he clearly wasn't paying attention.

Danoh

Since IP is being evasive and since I honestly can't recall who he said he learned disp'ism from, was it the usual Acts 2 bunch? I figure it had to be but even then he clearly wasn't paying attention.

As I recall, he asserts he was raised in a Dispy assembly, then started off College at DTS, but dropped it for the Replacement Theology.

Then went into a Masters in Greek, which, if memory also serves, he did not finish either.

You've never read his posts on this? Perhaps he posted during those times where you are not around here a few days...

It matters not. Clearly he was asleep in church service and in class :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8

musterion

As I recall, he asserts he was raised in a Dispy assembly, then started off College at DTS, but dropped it for the Replacement Theology.

Then went into a Masters in Greek, which, if memory also serves, he did not finish either.

You've never read his posts on this? Perhaps he posted during those times where you are not around here a few days...

I have him on 75% ignore, so between that, my thyroid-impaired (but slowly improving) memory, and his intolerable repetitiveness, I did not notice. Or can't recall noticing. In any case, he's still using the wrong ammo against MAD and probably wonders why he isn't taken more seriously as a contender.

It matters not. Clearly he was asleep in church service and in class :chuckle:

That's an undeniable fact.

Interplanner

I deal with the ones who think the disciples were on the right track in acts 1.

Interplanner

They were, you're not.

so that is why you don't think Jesus rebuked them, then, correct? You think he was saying: "you guys are great. Great thinking! Now you are getting it! This is great. We'll be humming soon there in the temple with the Levitical practices all day, a nice aroma to God!"

Right Divider

Body part
so that is why you don't think Jesus rebuked them, then, correct? You think he was saying: "you guys are great. Great thinking! Now you are getting it! This is great. We'll be humming soon there in the temple with the Levitical practices all day, a nice aroma to God!"
Your perverted fairy tale about what Acts 1 says is just that.

Christ simply told them that they were not know the TIMING of it and NOT that they did not understand.

Your famous BUT is NOT a cancellation but an interlude. There were MORE events to precede the establishment of the Kingdom.

Once again, too simple for someone with a puffed up head, like yours, so understand.

Interplanner

So why say 'but...' then? Why not complement them on their interest?

But means: you are going the wrong direction anyway.

And where in Acts is the next great step in establishing a permanent place for Judaism as such? Fairy tale, actually.

It's all these people trying to read back into the gospels things that are not there, or just missing 'behold the lamb of God' from the start. It's people not knowing Dan 8-9. It's people not realizing that isaiah was looking beyond another round for Israel, and that text says so.

Interplanner

And it is not a kingdom as they thought. He told them that several times. Read your NT more than you post. It is not the kind of kingdom as found on earth. It does not come with markers and flags. Whoever is the least in it is the greatest.

Danoh

Just deal with the text at hand. All of our histories have twists and turns; that does not help interpret a text.

Where'd ya get that one - a local "convenience" store? :chuckle:

Must be why you often bring up your history learning "about" this and that from one external source or another but the one that matters - faith in THE Book - The Scripture: PROPERLY studied out, and through that, properly UNDERSTOOD.

Nehemia 8:8, 12
Isaiah 8:20
Acts 17:11,12
2 Tim. 3:16,17

Right Divider

Body part
So why say 'but...' then? Why not complement them on their interest?
False dilemma there "grammar scholar". I guess that you're NOT a "logic scholar" then.

But means: you are going the wrong direction anyway.
No, it does not (except in your fairy tale mind).

The BUT is simply there to say that NOW is NOT the time and Christ EVEN goes on to CLEARLY explain that by telling them, "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."

Christ did NOT tell them that they were on the wrong track. They clearly understood WHAT the kingdom was and that it would be a restored Israel.

Paul also makes this clear in his "life from the dead" statement in Romans 11.

And where in Acts is the next great step in establishing a permanent place for Judaism as such? Fairy tale, actually.
Your many false premises lead you to all kinds of false conclusions (silence of OT prophecy means cancellation seems to be your primary one).

It's all these people trying to read back into the gospels things that are not there, or just missing 'behold the lamb of God' from the start. It's people not knowing Dan 8-9. It's people not realizing that isaiah was looking beyond another round for Israel, and that text says so.
You constantly (as many here on TOL do) conflate salvation from sin and the MANY other things that God is doing in the world.

You are a self-centered humanist, thinking that everything is about forgiveness of sin.