ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Both feasts point to (and promise) Christ's eventual death on the cross.

Which occurred in the fullness of time, so the temporal and earthly timing of the various feasts and rituals established by Moses are irrelevant, for they all point in purpose, to the same Person and one-time Event that was fulfilled in the sacrificial Incarnation of Jesus Christ.

Should I conclude from your statement that the Pentecost event of Acts 2 had no relevance to the Lord's instructions regarding Israel's appointed times which He commanded through Moses?

What does 'fully come' mean?

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place

Could the event have taken place at any time and at any place?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Should I conclude from your statement that the Pentecost event of Acts 2 had no relevance to the Lord's instructions regarding Israel's appointed times which He commanded through Moses?

The prophecy of Joel 2:28-32 was fulfilled.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place

Was Pentecost ever celebrated again, after this final observance that fulfilled the prophecy of Joel?

SaulToPaul 2

Good point.

She is clueless about the feasts, their timing, their relevance, everything.

Right Divider

Body part
Not all of it.

Joel 2:28-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:28) ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (2:29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (2:30) And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. (2:31) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Most certainly NOT that part.

Was Pentecost ever celebrated again, after this final observance that fulfilled the prophecy of Joel?
Gee, I guess so:

Acts 20:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:16) For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Both feasts point to (and promise) Christ's eventual death on the cross.

Which occurred in the fullness of time, so the temporal and earthly timing of the various feasts and rituals established by Moses are irrelevant, for they all point in purpose, to the same Person and one-time Event that was fulfilled in the sacrificial Incarnation of Jesus Christ.

I understood you to be saying that the feasts all pointed to and were fulfilled in the one time event of Christ's sacrificial death on the cross.

Shavuot/Pentecost was a different event and occurred fifty days after first fruits, therefore Israel's appointed times prescribed thru Moses, as well as prophecy for Israel, Joel 2, were still being fulfilled post-cross.

Part of it was but the part describing 'the day of the Lord' was not.
It is still yet to occur and it is prophecy concerning national Israel.

Yes, it was celebrated again, but not as a prophetic fulfillment.

Joel 2:31-32 have not been fulfilled , yet, though Peter says they will in Acts 3:20-21.

And not only that but Peter's statement in Acts 3:20-21 also encompasses all other prophecies pertaining to Israel that have not been fulfilled yet.

One cannot justifiably separate Joel 3:1 and following from Joel 2 in its entirety.
Joel 3:1 is inextricably connected to Joel 2:32 by the participle 'for' which in Hebrew is the causal connector 'kee' which means that the fulfillment of Joel 3 results from the fulfillment of Joel 2.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Joe 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

A one time Archbishop of Canterbury gave numbers to chapters and verses in the Bible.
Joel 1-2-3 is one continuous prophecy concerning Israel.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Not all of it.

Joel 2:28-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:28) ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (2:29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (2:30) And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. (2:31) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Most certainly NOT that part.

Gee, I guess so:

Acts 20:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:16) For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

The fulfillment of Joel 2:28-32 includes and spans the entire time between the first coming of Christ and the last. The date might have been marked and remembered, but there is no biblical evidence that any of the tabernacle/temple feast days were observed by the church, once Christ resurrected and sent His Holy Spirit, as He promised in John 16:7-15

Do you celebrate the day of Pentecost? If so, why? If not, why not?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I see your problem. You prefer theology over truth.

You are wrong again. Christ will SURELY save all those that believe.

:thumb:

Acts 16:31 They said, “Trust in the Lord Yeshua, and you will be saved — you and your household!”

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

Right Divider

Body part
The fulfillment of Joel 2:28-32 includes and spans the entire time between the first coming of Christ and the last. The date might have been marked and remembered, but there is no biblical evidence that any of the tabernacle/temple feast days were observed by the church, once Christ resurrected and sent His Holy Spirit, as He promised in John 16:7-15
Perhaps the English language not your strength. "Fulfilled" is past-tense.

Do you celebrate the day of Pentecost? If so, why? If not, why not?
No, I do not. Because it is not for the body of Christ.

All of your years of "Bible study" and you do not even understand the simplest things in the Bible.

Too much "religion" and "theology"; not enough faith in the Word of God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
A picture of Nang trying to get one over on the Dispensationalists...

A picture of Nang trying to get one over on the Dispensationalists...

ycDbdN2.gif

This is a picture of Nang trying to get one over on the Dispensationalists...

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps the English language not your strength. "Fulfilled" is past-tense.

So?

"Fulfillment" is not past tense.

No, I do not. Because it is not for the body of Christ.

Do you have a biblical explanation why observing the day of Pentecost is not required of you, but you believe it remains required of the nation of Israel . . . supposedly forever and ever?

Interplanner

There is no indication at all that the prophecies are punchlist, like at a construction site, and every item has to be check boxed. He meant the world as Judaism knew it was coming apart. He may very well have meant things that were due to happen in the 'end that comes like a flood' of Dan 9, the rebellion.

there is no indication at all that a person is supposed to go through them with compartments to sort everything into. Both of those things are D'ist artifices.

Pentecost is fulfilled in the new event that took place. That does not make it easy to stop a millenia long tradition. It is not one rule for some and another for others but that a person's faith gets expressed, Rom 14. Whether we are talking about foods or days or any thing left over from Judaism.

The 'not for the Body of Christ' rule is meaningless. It is a vestige of piles of mistakes in D'ism.

SaulToPaul 2

There is no indication at all that the prophecies are punchlist, like at a construction site, and every item has to be check boxed. He meant the world as Judaism knew it was coming apart. He may very well have meant things that were due to happen in the 'end that comes like a flood' of Dan 9, the rebellion.

there is no indication at all that a person is supposed to go through them with compartments to sort everything into. Both of those things are D'ist artifices.

Pentecost is fulfilled in the new event that took place. That does not make it easy to stop a millenia long tradition. It is not one rule for some and another for others but that a person's faith gets expressed, Rom 14. Whether we are talking about foods or days or any thing left over from Judaism.

The 'not for the Body of Christ' rule is meaningless. It is a vestige of piles of mistakes in D'ism.

Totally made up.

Right Divider

Body part
So?

"Fulfillment" is not past tense.
So you agree that SOME of it was fulfilled and SOME of it was NOT fulfilled at that time?

Do you have a biblical explanation why observing the day of Pentecost is not required of you, but you believe it remains required of the nation of Israel . . . supposedly forever and ever?
Paul explains in great details that the body of Christ does NOT have these holy days, as did Israel.

This explains that clearly:

Col 2:16-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: (2:17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ. (2:18) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (2:19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. (2:20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (2:21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not; (2:22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? (2:23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Note that Paul says that those things ARE a shadow of things to come. Those things are STILL going to come when God restores Israel to their rightful place as the head of the nations.

Also note that Paul CONTRASTS these things to come with the body of Christ (BUT the body is of Christ).

Interplanner

So you agree that SOME of it was fulfilled and SOME of it was NOT fulfilled at that time?

Paul explains in great details that the body of Christ does NOT have these holy days, as did Israel.

This explains that clearly:

Col 2:16-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: (2:17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ. (2:18) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (2:19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. (2:20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (2:21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not; (2:22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? (2:23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Note that Paul says that those things ARE a shadow of things to come. Those things are STILL going to come when God restores Israel to their rightful place as the head of the nations.

Also note that Paul CONTRASTS these things to come with the body of Christ (BUT the body is of Christ).

No your shadow of what's coming is totally misunderstood. I just knew it. I knew there would be some infantile understanding that was screwing it all up.

He meant Paul's past. Those Judaistic things were shadows of the Reality of Christ who is now (Paul's now) here. You can't be trusted with the time frames of the Bible. The same is true of Rom 11 and several places in Hebrews.

You replace Christ with Judaism. You have totally missed the message and you are redoing the very thing Paul was fighting. Where did you get your background in psych ops?