ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

Right Divider

Body part
And it is not a kingdom as they thought. He told them that several times. Read your NT more than you post. It is not the kind of kingdom as found on earth. It does not come with markers and flags. Whoever is the least in it is the greatest.
I certainly isn't a kingdom LIKE the ones we see in the world TODAY. So what?

It is a kingdom with a KING who will EAT and DRINK with His princes.

Luke 22:30 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:30) That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 8:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:28-30 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:28) There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out. (13:29) And they shall come from the east, and [from] the west, and from the north, and [from] the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. (13:30) And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Interplanner

I certainly isn't a kingdom LIKE the ones we see in the world TODAY. So what?

It is a kingdom with a KING who will EAT and DRINK with His princes.

Luke 22:30 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:30) That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 8:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:28-30 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:28) There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out. (13:29) And they shall come from the east, and [from] the west, and from the north, and [from] the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. (13:30) And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

He never meant it had a building and staff and payroll , legal boundaries.etc.

It is a compelling message that puts people in direct relation to God and gives them a new heart to obey. It is real now. nothing you referenced is going to be confined to Judea. It is all true now.

SaulToPaul 2

It is a compelling message that puts people in direct relation to God and gives them a new heart to obey. It is real now. nothing you referenced is going to be confined to Judea. It is all true now.

Made up.

Right Divider

Body part

Fairy tale.

Is THIS going on NOW?

Luke 22:30 (KJV)

Interplanner

Fairy tale.

Is THIS going on NOW?

Luke 22:30 (KJV)

I Cor 11:17+

Can't there ever be a metaphor?

Can't there be 'food that you don't know of' which is evangelism, Jn 4? And dozens of other instances.

Interplanner

There is NO indication FROM THE SCRIPTURE that Jesus was speaking METAPHORICALLY.

You can't just make it so based on your WHIM and FALSE premises!

If you talk about your kingdom, and it is illegal to mention another kingdom at that time in that police state, and your kingdom is not of this world, and has no external markers, flags, boundaries, then yes IT IS A METAPHOR. You are pathetic on this.

Interplanner

Always using your "external knowledge" to "understand" the scripture.

You're a mess.

Judas the Galilean and the Egyptian terrorists are both mentioned. So are others. You just don't know or realize.

I don't accept everything Josephus says, but Cornfeld helps with those discriminatory questions, like the # of people attending Pentecost at the time.

Your sense of reality is very skewed.

The word 'basileu' does not even mean a kingdom to start with; it is a reign. "Our God reigns" as used in many psalms and Isaiah.

The reason you are always in a bad mood is you have a doc that is very complex and you have not done the work and don't seem to be willing. There are many good things you can learn here, especially lately in "Rebellion that Desolates."

Interplanner

As per your USUAL, you misunderstand what "not of this world" means. This does NOT mean "non material".

Who said it does, except that it did show as God allowed; like the number of people who became believers at Pentecost, etc. That was 'visible invisibility.' "You hear the sound of it, but you do not see it" like the wind.

Keep trying, you'll catch on, I'm sure.

But the legal situation was that you could not declare another Lord without risking some danger. You definitely did not want to declare another kingdom in the normal sense. Not during Roman admin. The Zealots did try that.