ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

Right Divider

Body part
Judas the Galilean and the Egyptian terrorists are both mentioned. So are others. You just don't know or realize.

I don't accept everything Josephus says, but Cornfeld helps with those discriminatory questions, like the # of people attending Pentecost at the time.

Your sense of reality is very skewed.

The word 'basileu' does not even mean a kingdom to start with; it is a reign. "Our God reigns" as used in many psalms and Isaiah.

The reason you are always in a bad mood is you have a doc that is very complex and you have not done the work and don't seem to be willing. There are many good things you can learn here, especially lately in "Rebellion that Desolates."
:french:

It's a good thing that you put that in quotes, since it's part of your fairy tale. There is NO such thing in scripture.

The LORD Jesus Christ does mention an ABOMINATION of DESOLATION from Daniel. Matt 24:15 and Mark 13:14

Greek word for ABOMINATION: bdelugma
Hebrew word for ABOMINATION: shiqquwts

Both have to do with disgust and idolatry.

Is that what you're trying to TWIST now? Like you do with Psalm 23?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Who said it does, except that it did show as God allowed; like the number of people who became believers at Pentecost, etc. That was 'visible invisibility.'
:rotfl:
You are clinically insane.

"You hear the sound of it, but you do not see it" like the wind.
WOW, another lie. THAT is NOT talking about the KINGDOM, but INDIVIDUALS that are born from above.

John 3:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:8) The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

You just CANNOT stop LYING to support your fairy tale! Sad!

Keep trying, you'll catch on, I'm sure.
More THICK, JUICY irony!

But the legal situation was that you could not declare another Lord without risking some danger.
And YOU think that LORD Jesus Christ was concerned about "risk". What an incredible dummy you are!

You definitely did not want to declare another kingdom in the normal sense. Not during Roman admin. The Zealots did try that.
The LORD Jesus Christ declared Himself KING to the Roman Governor.

Matt 27:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(27:11) And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

You are the one that has a LOT to learn.

Danoh

Visible invisibility :chuckle:
I wonder from which commentary he lifted that saying...

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

IP is not off in his UNDERSTANDING of a "visible invisibility" - he is off, however in his UNDERSTANDING of how it applies prior to The Mystery.

And even then, he is off in his UNDERSTANDING of that, only partly.

For throughout Israel's long, rebellious history, their Believing remnant were nevertheless a visible manifestation of what will one day be their visible kingdom.

This is why within some circles within MAD, they are referred to as "Kingdom" Saints.

These issues are ever a matter of what questions one asks oneself upon encountering a view one finds differs from one's own.

Too often, the tendency is to automatically discount all of another's assertion, in contrast to simply slowing down a bit first, to ask oneself much more well rounded questions about their assertion, before allowing one self one's conclusion on it.

One of the worst things one can do to one's learning is to so write off another individual, that one ends up neither unable to concede where some aspect of said individual's "witness is true" nor able to get something of actual value from it, despite where it may have been off.

Leaving oneself with intolerance for any contribution but from those one considers one's own.

Such was not...the way of our pattern; in the Lord.

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

SaulToPaul 2

Who said it does, except that it did show as God allowed; like the number of people who became believers at Pentecost, etc. That was 'visible invisibility.' "You hear the sound of it, but you do not see it" like the wind.

Made up.

They that are born of the Spirit are like the wind, you cannot tell from where they've come, or where they've gone.

Monitor how the LORD traveled about for 40 days after his resurrection.

He was born of the Spirit in resurrection.

Danoh

Made up.

They that are born of the Spirit are like the wind, you cannot tell from where they've come, or where they've gone.

Monitor how the LORD traveled about for 40 days after his resurrection.

He was born of the Spirit in resurrection.

Your (made up) take on that :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

Interplanner

WOW, another lie. THAT is NOT talking about the KINGDOM, but INDIVIDUALS that are born from above.

(3:8) The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

More THICK, JUICY irony!

And YOU think that LORD Jesus Christ was concerned about "risk". What an incredible dummy you are!

(27:11) And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

Invisibility: 2 Cor 2:16. Highly esteemed by some, dung to others. As the great hymn says "Though the eye of sinful man / thy glory may not see" even though that is true, God is still reigning and victorious and powerful.

Sorry but I find you to be a very ignorant Christian who has not grown.

Interplanner

Invisibility: 2 Cor 2:16. Highly esteemed by some, dung to others. As the great hymn says "Though the eye of sinful man / thy glory may not see" even though that is true, God is still reigning and victorious and powerful.

Sorry but I find you to be a very ignorant Christian who has not grown.

re Individuals in the kingdom. The Jn 3 line is actually talking about how the kingdom (reign) works, operates. So you are mistaken with your tidy compartments.

'Basileu' is not a kingdom but a reign, the authority of a reign, OK? Please stop referring to it as any other type of state/nation/jurisdiction that is out there. It is not.

It comes from the Psalms and Isaiah lines that say "Our God reigns." This is to be proclaimed through Christ's resurrection, which you never sound thrilled about, if anything. You don't even sound thrilled about your Israelolatry.

Interplanner

More THICK, JUICY irony!

re the logic behind risk.
I doubt you can put together this thought: the risk of declaring yourself to be a king or nation meant that what Christ called himself was understood to be a different category. 'not of this world' meant not competing with Herod's, Agrippa's, Caesar's yet calling all men to bow to Christ the Lord.

Interplanner

More THICK, JUICY irony!

re the King.
"If you claim to be a king, you oppose Caesar." Jn 19:12. He obviously wasn't. His reign would be from another place, 18:36.

He was another kind of king: "In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." 18:37.

There was no basis to the competitive claim to be a legal entity king, v38.

The reign of God comes upon you when God wants it to. And it has nothing to do with Judea or Judaism.

Interplanner

:french:

It's a good thing that you put that in quotes, since it's part of your fairy tale. There is NO such thing in scripture.

The LORD Jesus Christ does mention an ABOMINATION of DESOLATION from Daniel. Matt 24:15 and Mark 13:14

Greek word for ABOMINATION: bdelugma
Hebrew word for ABOMINATION: shiqquwts

Both have to do with disgust and idolatry.

Is that what you're trying to TWIST now? Like you do with Psalm 23?

You are 2 years late, my friend. I'ave been talking about the rebellion that desolates since being here 2 years ago. You really have no memory, yet you are an expert on me, with my sayings as your footers.

Dan 8:13 is about the rebellion that happens in the 4th kingdom that comes, and it is later called the abomination, because it was, and it would ruin the country. In Dan 9, it has a timestamp on it, and is contrasted to Messiah who sacrificed himself. The act is done by perditious Jews and they cause the ruin. It is not done because of Romans, although Romans are the army that desolates the land.

You need to start from scratch on NT background.

SaulToPaul 2

You are 2 years late, my friend. I'ave been talking about the rebellion that desolates since being here 2 years ago. You really have no memory, yet you are an expert on me, with my sayings as your footers.

Dan 8:13 is about the rebellion that happens in the 4th kingdom that comes, and it is later called the abomination, because it was, and it would ruin the country. In Dan 9, it has a timestamp on it, and is contrasted to Messiah who sacrificed himself. The act is done by perditious Jews and they cause the ruin. It is not done because of Romans, although Romans are the army that desolates the land.

You need to start from scratch on NT background.

100% made up.
Check your own thread on this subject sometime.

SaulToPaul 2

re the logic behind risk.
I doubt you can put together this thought: the risk of declaring yourself to be a king or nation meant that what Christ called himself was understood to be a different category. 'not of this world' meant not competing with Herod's, Agrippa's, Caesar's yet calling all men to bow to Christ the Lord.

Made up.