ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

Right Divider

Body part
You are 2 years late, my friend. I'ave been talking about the rebellion that desolates since being here 2 years ago.
I could not care less about the length of your ignorance.

You really have no memory, yet you are an expert on me, with my sayings as your footers.

Dan 8:13 is about the rebellion that happens in the 4th kingdom that comes, and it is later called the abomination, because it was, and it would ruin the country. In Dan 9, it has a timestamp on it, and is contrasted to Messiah who sacrificed himself. The act is done by perditious Jews and they cause the ruin. It is not done because of Romans, although Romans are the army that desolates the land.

You need to start from scratch on NT background.
Unintended irony is one of your great strengths.

Interplanner

I could not care less about the length of your ignorance.

Unintended irony is one of your great strengths.

It's not ignorance that I'm asking you to care about. I have been explaining that the expression starts as being about the leader of rebellion who would come. that rebellion was considered an abomination in the next chapter(s). It was also coming in about 490 years.

You are obstinate about basic facts about the text.

Stop pretending 'futurism' is the answer to all this and learn to sync with history.

SaulToPaul 2

It's not ignorance that I'm asking you to care about. I have been explaining that the expression starts as being about the leader of rebellion who would come. that rebellion was considered an abomination in the next chapter(s). It was also coming in about 490 years.

Stop pretending 'futurism' is the answer to all this and learn to sync with history.

100% made up.
What's wrong with you?
Check your own thread on the topic.

Right Divider

Body part

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

You have INVENTED (or stolen from some ridiculous commentary) a TERM that does NOT exist in the Word of God.

Then.... you vehemently defend it.

You are a loonie tune. :dunce:

Interplanner

The NIV goes with 'rebellion' as do others, not that it makes the total difference. He obviously meant the person leading the rebellion, 8:23.

Get to know your Bible a little better.

"Not by his own power" means God was allowing his perdition to succeed as a judgement on that generation that rejected the mission of Christ.

You do not deal with facts, but with D'ism's pretensions and strongholds. I'm here to help.

But now I'm off to work for the day.

Right Divider

Body part
The NIV goes with 'rebellion' as do others, not that it makes the total difference. He obviously meant the person leading the rebellion, 8:23.

Get to know your Bible a little better.

"Not by his own power" means God was allowing his perdition to succeed as a judgement on that generation that rejected the mission of Christ.

You do not deal with facts, but with D'ism's pretensions and strongholds. I'm here to help.

But now I'm off to work for the day.
The NIV is total crap.

Get to know THE Bible a little better.

Interplanner

The NIV is total crap.

Get to know THE Bible a little better.

When are you going to figure out that your dictator status ends at your keyboard, lol! You have to earn credibility. You don't even do Hebrew yet you "know" what 8:13 means.

ISV: the desecration terrorizes
NASB: transgression
NEB: destructive act of rebellion

It is related to the rebellious acts of v23.

The hoot is that you are so tight and trite and literal and would not believe what it takes to translate Hebrew, how loose and flowing it is.

And, since when was rebellious so awfully different from abomination?

SaulToPaul 2

When are you going to figure out that your dictator status ends at your keyboard, lol! You have to earn credibility. You don't even do Hebrew yet you "know" what 8:13 means.

The hoot is that you are so tight and trite and literal and would not believe what it takes to translate Hebrew, how loose and flowing it is.

All made up.

Right Divider

Body part
Your own puffed-up, self-credibility means nothing to me either.

The NIV is objectively a piece of crap. Get over it.

The even go so far as to "translate" words that are NOT even in the original text!

So you're another one that just keeps translation hunting until you find some that agree with you? Silly and stupid.

:french:
You are the one that should quit embarrassing yourself.

Interplanner

Your own puffed-up, self-credibility means nothing to me either.

The NIV is objectively a piece of crap. Get over it.

The even go so far as to "translate" words that are NOT even in the original text!

So you're another one that just keeps translation hunting until you find some that agree with you? Silly and stupid.

:french:
You are the one that should quit embarrassing yourself.

When the passage centers on a time of rebellion ('when they have become their worst') what is the difference between a transgresssion by them and a rebellion by them.

D'ism takes away your ability to think.

I did not go translation hunting like you do. I used the information in the issue or problem addressed in the text. The description is not over until the end of ch 9.

Right Divider

Body part
When the passage centers on a time of rebellion ('when they have become their worst') what is the difference between a transgresssion by them and a rebellion by them.

D'ism takes away your ability to think.

I did not go translation hunting like you do. I used the information in the issue or problem addressed in the text. The description is not over until the end of ch 9.
Just another LIE for your giant PILE of lies.

I quote from ONE translation and not YOUR many.

Interplanner

Just another LIE for your giant PILE of lies.

I quote from ONE translation and not YOUR many.

But any hebrew passage that has a situation going on or an issue must be taken as a whole to be made clear. it is obviously a huge rebellion, so rebellion is the best choice. Ch 9 comes to a head in 490 years and ruins the country. The country is going to be ruined even though Messiah will come and will be a total success.

But I know that D'ism says it is a sin to know history or background, so there is nothing you can do. You are helplessly stuck in it.

Right Divider

Body part
But any hebrew passage that has a situation going on or an issue must be taken as a whole to be made clear. it is obviously a huge rebellion, so rebellion is the best choice. Ch 9 comes to a head in 490 years and ruins the country. The country is going to be ruined even though Messiah will come and will be a total success.

But I know that D'ism says it is a sin to know history or background, so there is nothing you can do. You are helplessly stuck in it.
I believe the entire Bible in its proper context. You are stuck in a fairy tale.

Interplanner

I believe the entire Bible in its proper context. You are stuck in a fairy tale.

That is about how to read Hebrew.

I already knew your position on how to read and don't accept it. God put in the self-organizing passages of the NT so that we would know how to handle the huge runs and themes of the Bible, and not be lead astray by i.net know it alls like you.