Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Does this mean that you and your little Libertarian friends are going to support Ted Cruz?

Even though he's personally against recreational drug use and homosexuality, Cruz has made it well known that it should be left up to the respective states to deal with things like homosexuality and marijuana legalization. Ohio overwhelming voted against legalizing marijuana, as will others states when they find out how costly it is both economically and socially.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I used to smoke entire bags worth of joints all the time with friends. We would play video games, order food, go swimming, drink beer :)chuckle:), go hang out somewhere- basically anything.

And who says that dope smokers don't contribute to society?

WizardofOz

Does this mean that you and your little Libertarian friends are going to support Ted Cruz?

Even though he's personally against recreational drug use and homosexuality, Cruz has made it well known that it should be left up to the respective states to deal with things like homosexuality and marijuana legalization. Ohio overwhelming voted against legalizing marijuana, as will others states when they find out how costly it is both economically and socially.

Do you agree or disagree with Cruz's position on state's rights?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you agree or disagree with Cruz's position on state's rights?

Shall I re-open Part 3 of my WHMBR! thread so that you can add my answer to your little anal retentive post Aaron?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3922003&postcount=3

I believe that "...we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Message from John Adams to the Officers of the First Brigade of the Third Division of the Militia of Massachusetts
October 11, 1798

Being that the Constitution wasn't written for dopers and homosexuals, I guess the best thing to do is to let the respective states decide.

drbrumley

Yet you want both legalized?

No, I don't. But they shouldn't be criminalized either. This is something the state should stay out of. There are laws on the books (and have been for decades) that if you harm another person, then the law as it should comes down upon you. So if your stoned and kill someone, guess what? YOUR STILL RESPONSIBLE!!! You get no free pass or a slap on the wrist because well, he was stoned.

Your a homo, and molest someone, guess what, we have laws against molestation. Same rules apply to everyone across the board.

Your problem is you can't get enough of making more laws. Your stoned and kill someone, well according to AcW, let's throw more laws at the perp. He already broke the law by killing someone. Yet we want to charge him possession. Like that is gonna mean something but tack on extra time or something.

Time to take your blinders off bro.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Yet you want both legalized?

No, I don't. But they shouldn't be criminalized either.

Newsflash: If it isn't criminalized, it's legal.

This is something the state should stay out of.

Again, the state stays out of things that are legal. It appears that you want immoral behaviors (marijuana smoking and homosexuality) legal so that the state will stay out of it.

There are laws on the books (and have been for decades) that if you harm another person, then the law as it should comes down upon you. So if your stoned and kill someone, guess what? YOUR STILL RESPONSIBLE!!! You get no free pass or a slap on the wrist because well, he was stoned.

Your a homo, and molest someone, guess what, we have laws against molestation. Same rules apply to everyone across the board.

As a Christian I am commanded to love my neighbor as I'd love myself. Throughout history we've had laws that help morally confused people find their way back to righteous living. As a Libertarian you obviously believe that people have a right to destroy their lives, but don't acknowledge that other lives are destroyed as well.

Your problem is you can't get enough of making more laws.

How is keeping recreational drug use illegal "making more laws"? How is recriminalizing homosexuality "making more laws"?

I would love to talk economics with you Libertarians (the financial cost that these immoral behaviors bring to society), but it seems that you're nowhere to be found when the subject comes up.

WizardofOz

:think: Maybe when it suits him?

Indeed. Let's revisit some past posts by alacartewarrior who changes his opinion to match those of his favorite presidential candidate every election cycle...

Let the alacarte begin!

User Name said:
If there's no law against it, aCW assumes that's an endorsement.
If there is no threat of punishment against certain behaviors by civil government (fines, incarceration), what would you call it?

So does Ted Cruz endorse marijuana use by agreeing with state-level legalization?

DEA operations chief decries legalization of marijuana at state level

The chief of operations at the Drug Enforcement Administration on Wednesday called the legalization of marijuana at the state level “reckless and irresponsible,” warning that the movement to decriminalize the sale of pot in the United States will have severe consequences.

“It scares us,” James L. Capra said, responding to a question from a senator during a hearing focused on drug cultivation in Afghanistan. “Every part of the world where this has been tried, it has failed time and time again.”

Capra’s comments marked the DEA’s most public and pointed criticism of the movement toward decriminalization in several states, where local officials see it as an opportunity to generate tax revenue and boost tourism.

The Justice Department decided last summer it would not challenge state laws passed in Colorado and Washington after voters supported proposals to decriminalize the sale of marijuana for recreational use. The sale and use of marijuana remains unlawful under federal law, but the Obama administration has indicated that it will not prosecute ordinary recreational users in states where consumption is legal.

Sales began in Colorado this month and will soon start in Washington. Officials in several other states are contemplating similar changes to their laws.

Capra said agents have watched the early days of legal marijuana sales in Colorado with dismay.

“There are more dispensaries in Denver than there are Starbucks,” he said. “The idea somehow people in our country have that this is somehow good for us as a nation is wrong. It’s a bad thing.”...

Read more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...af548a-7e38-11e3-9556-4a4bf7bcbd84_story.html

We need a good dope pushing Libertarian to come forward and tell us that the Operations Chief of the DEA doesn't know what he's talking about. I see that Wizard of Oz, aka Aaron is online.
The Operations Cheif of the DEA doesn't know what he's talking about but dope pushing Libertarian Ted Cruz does. Ah classic acw once again :rotfl: priceless.

Now show us anywhere in the founding documents or the writings of the Founding Fathers where they say that immoral behavior should be left up to the respective states.

Let me help:

TO THE OFFICERS OF THE FIRST BRIGADE OF THE THIRD
DIVISION OF THE MILITIA OF MASSACHUSETTS
11 October, 1798
GENTLEMEN
I have received from Major-General Hull and Brigadier-General Walker your unanimous address from Lexington, animated with a martial spirit, and expressed with a military dignity becoming your character and the memorable plains on which it was adopted.
While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice in the local destination assigned us by Providence. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candor, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world; because we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made ONLY for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other....

JOHN ADAMS

Our country wasn't made for lunatics like Ron Paul.

Or for lunatics like Ted Cruz apparently...
Acw you're a sheep that must be told what to think. Why else would your opinion sway with the wind this way?

You effectively debate your former self every 4 years

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Indeed. Let's revisit some past posts by alacartewarrior who changes his opinion to match those of his favorite presidential candidate every election cycle...

Let the alacarte begin!

I guess I should look at the bright side of Aaron's visit to this thread:

In the 1/2 hour or so that we've been posting he's not negative rep'ed me nor reported me for a TOL policy violation.

Are you feeling ok Aaron?

WizardofOz

I guess I should look at the bright side of Aaron's visit to this thread:

In the 1/2 hour or so that we've been posting he's not negative rep'ed me nor reported me for a TOL policy violation.

Are you feeling ok Aaron?

Going to address your alacarte hypocrisy or deflect and sweep it under the rug as usual?

You've grown too comfortable with being exposed as a hypocrite.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Going to address your alacarte hypocrisy or deflect and sweep it under the rug as usual?

You've grown too comfortable with being exposed as a hypocrite.

I can't help but notice how angry you are Aaron. Surely it's not because of my hugely popular 4 part thread on the recriminalization of homosexuality?

Returning to the topic of dope smoking:

Marijuana and Aggression

Does smoking marijuana cause aggression?

Marijuana usually has a sedating effect on most users, making it much less likely to cause violence in users than other substances such as alcohol and stimulants (e.g., amphetamines and cocaine). However, sometimes when marijuana is used it can cause fear, anxiety, panic or paranoia, which can result in an aggressive outburst. For most people, once the effects of the drug wear off, their behavior gradually improves. Some studies have found support for an association between marijuana use and various types of violence, including relationship or interpersonal violence (Moore TM & Stuart GL, 2005). - See more at: http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/aggression.htm#sthash.6k3v5nDY.dpuf

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can't help but notice how angry you are Aaron. Surely it's not because of my hugely popular 4 part thread on the recriminalization of homosexuality?

Marijuana and Aggression

Does smoking marijuana cause aggression?

Marijuana usually has a sedating effect on most users, making it much less likely to cause violence in users than other substances such as alcohol and stimulants (e.g., amphetamines and cocaine). However, sometimes when marijuana is used it can cause fear, anxiety, panic or paranoia, which can result in an aggressive outburst. For most people, once the effects of the drug wear off, their behavior gradually improves. Some studies have found support for an association between marijuana use and various types of violence, including relationship or interpersonal violence (Moore TM & Stuart GL, 2005). - See more at: http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/aggression.htm#sthash.6k3v5nDY.dpuf

What can we do if little Johnny smokes pot ?

WizardofOz

I can't help but notice how angry you are Aaron.

:chuckle: I'm not angry in the least. You're a self-contradicting joke. I laugh at jokes.

Don't you?

Are you angry at the homosexuals you "expose"? I'm not angry when I expose you either.

Surely it's not because of my hugely popular 4 part thread on the recriminalization of homosexuality?

Deflection it is then. I'm not shocked in the least...

drbrumley

Newsflash: If it isn't criminalized, it's legal.

Because criminal behavior requires a "victim." Are you a victim if some doper smokes a joint? You might be a potential "victim" if said doper got behind the wheel and then rammed you head on, but potential victim and victim are two different things. So if your gonna attempt to make that case, you need to include alcohol in the conversation on potentiality so alcochol should be criminal then as well. Let's see if your at least consistent.