Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

When you compare all that to things alcohol related, it's nothing to be alarmed of as far as I'm concerned.
I know a lot of people who smoke weed and drink, and it's always the drinking that gets them in some kind of trouble or crisis.

Also
You have to remain aware of the fact, as well, that THC stays in one's system for a long time. People also will accompany marijuana with other drugs, most typically alcohol.

With all that said, I'm skeptical of those statistics.

It's not that I'm defending marijuana use so much as I am just opposing the idea that it's so bad. Nobody is in rehab for marijuana, but there are a whole lot of people in criminal trouble for something that is less dangerous then alcohol, which is legal. There's a gigantic inconsistency there.

brewmama

When you compare all that to things alcohol related, it's nothing to be alarmed of as far as I'm concerned.
I know a lot of people who smoke weed and drink, and it's always the drinking that gets them in some kind of trouble or crisis.

Also
You have to remain aware of the fact, as well, that THC stays in one's system for a long time. People also will accompany marijuana with other drugs, most typically alcohol.

With all that said, I'm skeptical of those statistics.

It's not that I'm defending marijuana use so much as I am just opposing the idea that it's so bad. Nobody is in rehab for marijuana, but there are a whole lot of people in criminal trouble for something that is less dangerous then alcohol, which is legal. There's a gigantic inconsistency there.

Actually you are quite wrong. Plenty of people are in rehab for pot, my son among them. Along with all the other boys in his rehab group. I agree that the legal issues are not helpful, but neither is embracing pot as harmless.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Another pro dope troll joins the thread. Tell us about your experiences smoking marijuana.

So Colorado and even entire countries are 'pro dope trolls'..

There are plenty of good people in CO and WA, as well as European countries that are against the legalization of marijuana, so I'm speaking only to stoners and non dope smoking ignoramuses that promote the very harmful drug.

..Ever thought that maybe your bias against marijuana is derived from the extremely ill informed mania

You really should review the entire thread, as the evidence says otherwise.

of fundamentalists who also made once made alcohol illegal?

Once again: the responsible consumption of alcohol is not inherently immoral, getting intoxicated is. Regarding Prohibition: It was necessary (and very helpful) at the time.
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/16/opinion/actually-prohibition-was-a-success.html

But we're talking about two entirely different cultures here, so I'm not going to allow you to derail this thread and talk about alcohol.

And what's up with calling it 'dope'? That's a word mostly used referring to heroin by pot smokers because unlike ill informed people, they know that marijuana is safe and enjoyable- it is nothing like other drugs. There is absolutely nothing true about what people argue against it, it has been proven time and time again. That is why it is starting to become decriminalized.

It's slang for stupidity.

I don't really smoke weed much anymore.

But but but it's such a harmless drug! Good choice though, as I can see through your posts that there are very few living brain cells left for you to work with.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
So you acknowledge that there are victims to the "liberty" and "freedom" that you talk about so much (the supposed "freedom" to do with one's body as he or she pleases).

I *acknowledge* that anyone who supports alcohol consumption and the sale and use of nicotine does not have a valid argument against the legalization and use of marijuana.

Might I suggest that you start your newest moral crusade in the so-called "community" that you've so warmly embraced.

Tobacco use (cigarette smoking)
http://www.thedccenter.org/facts_smoking.html
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/campaign/tips/groups/lgbt.html
http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/smoking.htm

Substance abuse (drugs and alcohol)
http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/substance-abuse.htm

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4417532&postcount=4

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Might I suggest that you start your newest moral crusade in the so-called "community" that you've so warmly embraced.

Uh oh ... you must be confused. This thread is about the legalization of marijuana ... not homosexuality. Might I suggest that you ...

Foccuuussssss .....

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Uh oh ... you must be confused. This thread is about the legalization of marijuana ... not homosexuality. Might I suggest that you ...

Foccuuussssss .....

Try and think outside the box Sandy. The reason these pathetic lost souls abuse tobacco, alcohol and drugs, is because of the immoral lifestyle that they're living.

One has to have sympathy for them though, as a good many of them were sexually molested (raped) as children.

Just so that the readers of this thread are following your line of (supposed) reasoning:

Are you saying that if tobacco use and responsible alcohol consumption are to remain legal, marijuana use (and of course crack cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.) should be legal as well?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try and think outside the box Sandy. The reason these pathetic lost souls abuse tobacco, alcohol and drugs, is because of the immoral lifestyle that they're living.

Interesting ... you believe anyone who drinks, smokes cigarettes or uses weed (or any drugs) is living an immoral lifestyle ...

That does not explain why you are not against the legalized usage of alcohol and nicotine ... selective much? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Try and think outside the box Sandy. The reason these pathetic lost souls [people who engage in homosexual behavior] abuse tobacco, alcohol and drugs, is because of the immoral lifestyle that they're living.

One has to have sympathy for them though, as a good many of them were sexually molested (raped) as children.

Just so that the readers of this thread are following your line of (supposed) reasoning:

Are you saying that if tobacco use and responsible alcohol consumption are to remain legal, marijuana use (and of course crack cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.) should be legal as well?

Interesting ... you believe anyone who drinks, smokes cigarettes or uses weed (or any drugs) is living an immoral lifestyle ...

I was talking about an inherently immoral lifestyle (homosexuality) and the abuse of tobacco, alcohol and drugs amongst those that engage in that extremely harmful behavior.

That does not explain why you are not against the legalized usage of alcohol and nicotine ... selective much? :think:

Yes, I am selective, just as God is. He says what is moral and what is immoral. Knight lighting up a cigar is not inherently immoral. My wife and I having a glass of wine with dinner is not inherently immoral. Getting intoxicated (over using alcohol or smoking dope which alters your mindset) is inherently immoral.

Now that I've explained God's moral code to you, perhaps you can answer the last part of my post and then you can go troll somewhere else.

Here it is again:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I am saying that there is no more safety in the use of alcohol and tobacco as compared to that of marijuana.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
THC, and variants of it, exist naturally in the brain. The body actually produces these chemicals by sheer chance, in very small amounts, because it is a natural, organic substance.

These are the type of things others don't want to bring up- the drug and medical institutions are funded to support a bias, and that is why they rarely have anything good to say period.

The worst thing for your brain is what is legal. Those pills for depression for example- they have a side effect of depression. I mean, come on now. Synthesized medicine is linked to more harm than marijuana ever could be, and they put a vice on your liver just like alcohol.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

I am saying that there is no more safety in the use of alcohol and tobacco as compared to that of marijuana.

Not true. Read the thread.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
THC, and variants of it, exist naturally in the brain. The body actually produces these chemicals by sheer chance, in very small amounts, because it is a natural, organic substance.

These are the type of things others don't want to bring up- the drug and medical institutions are funded to support a bias, and that is why they rarely have anything good to say period.

The worst thing for your brain is what is legal. Those pills for depression for example- they have a side effect of depression. I mean, come on now. Synthesized medicine is linked to more harm than marijuana ever could be, and they put a vice on your liver just like alcohol.

I should probably put a table of contents together so that people can go directly to the links that I've provided to show that you drug pushers are bold faced liars. When I get the time maybe I'll do so.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I should probably put a table of contents together so that people can go directly to the links that I've provided to show that you drug pushers are bold faced liars. When I get the time maybe I'll do so.

That's nice.
Calling someone who knows marijuana for what it really is a 'drug pusher' tells me all I need to know about you.

Nicotine withdrawal is exponentially worse than that of THC. Marijuana has medical uses, cannot be overdosed on unless used in a ridiculous manner, and does no harm to the body.

You can sit there and bring up whatever bogus thing you want, but a person can smoke weed for thirty years of his life while remaining productive and be just as healthy and sharp as any other person. My ex-fiance's father smokes weed and he and the wife just bought a river house ready to retire. Ever heard of a crackhead do that? And yet that's what you are trying to put marijuana beside- actual, destructive drugs.

The fact is that anti-marijuana pushers produce things that are frankly desperate. The only reason it was ever made illegal in the first place is because society was ignorant and afraid of it, plain and simple.

gcthomas

The fact is that anti-marijuana pushers produce things that are frankly desperate. The only reason it was ever made illegal in the first place is because society was ignorant and afraid of it, plain and simple.

Yup.

It was the old men in power, sitting in their smoky rooms, knocking back whiskey or port, deciding that the tipple of the young, who they feared and envied for their youth, should be banned.

And the young were within their rights to object to the arbitrary and capricious restriction on their personal freedoms.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
I should probably put a table of contents together so that people can go directly to the links that I've provided to show that you drug pushers are bold faced liars. When I get the time maybe I'll do so

That's nice.
Calling someone who knows marijuana for what it really is a 'drug pusher' tells me all I need to know about you.

You're not ashamed of the promoting the use and legalization of marijuana, what should I call you?

Nicotine withdrawal is exponentially worse than that of THC. Marijuana has medical uses, cannot be overdosed on unless used in a ridiculous manner, and does no harm to the body.

Yet you quit using it.

You can sit there and bring up whatever bogus thing you want, but a person can smoke weed for thirty years of his life while remaining productive and be just as healthy and sharp as any other person. My ex-fiance's father smokes weed and he and the wife just bought a river house ready to retire. Ever heard of a crackhead do that? And yet that's what you are trying to put marijuana beside- actual, destructive drugs.

Great testimony for the legalization of dope ("I know a guy who knows a guy...")

Please don't think for a second that I'm trying to convince you of anything. We have jails for evil people like you, and hopefully someday you'll be in one listening to a Christian pastor try and show you the path to righteousness.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not true. Read the thread.

Is this the part where you will deny that second hand smoke has a link to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) or harms children and adults? Silly old CDC.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/health_effects/index.htm

Secondhand Smoke Causes Lung Cancer

Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in adults who have never smoked.4

Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or at work increase their risk of developing lung cancer by 20–30%.2
Secondhand smoke causes more than 7,300 lung cancer deaths among U.S. nonsmokers each year.4
Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke are inhaling many of the same cancer-causing substances and poisons as smokers.2,3,4
Even brief secondhand smoke exposure can damage cells in ways that set the cancer process in motion.4
As with active smoking, the longer the duration and the higher the level of exposure to secondhand smoke, the greater the risk of developing lung cancer.4

Secondhand Smoke Causes SIDS

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the sudden, unexplained, unexpected death of an infant in the first year of life. SIDS is the leading cause of death in otherwise healthy infants.6 Secondhand smoke increases the risk for SIDS.2,4

Smoking by women during pregnancy increases the risk for SIDS.2,4,7
Infants who are exposed to secondhand smoke after birth are also at greater risk for SIDS.2,4
Chemicals in secondhand smoke appear to affect the brain in ways that interfere with its regulation of infants' breathing.2,4
Infants who die from SIDS have higher concentrations of nicotine in their lungs and higher levels of cotinine (a biological marker for secondhand smoke exposure) than infants who die from other causes.2,4

Parents can help protect their babies from SIDS by taking the following three actions:8

Do not smoke when pregnant.
Do not smoke in the home or around the baby.
Put the baby down to sleep on its back.

Secondhand Smoke Harms Children

Secondhand smoke can cause serious health problems in children.2,4

Studies show that older children whose parents smoke get sick more often. Their lungs grow less than children who do not breathe secondhand smoke, and they get more bronchitis and pneumonia.
Wheezing and coughing are more common in children who breathe secondhand smoke.
Secondhand smoke can trigger an asthma attack in a child. Children with asthma who are around secondhand smoke have more severe and frequent asthma attacks. A severe asthma attack can put a child's life in danger.
Children whose parents smoke around them get more ear infections. They also have fluid in their ears more often and have more operations to put in ear tubes for drainage.

Parents can help protect their children from secondhand smoke by taking the following actions:9

Do not allow anyone to smoke anywhere in or near your home.
Do not allow anyone to smoke in your car, even with the window down.
Make sure your children’s day care centers and schools are tobacco-free.
If your state still allows smoking in public areas, look for restaurants and other places that do not allow smoking. “No-smoking sections” do not protect you and your family from secondhand smoke.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
phelps-weed-meme.jpg

Weed.. it's horrible.