Marijuana legalization: LESS government?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was more interesting in your direct experience as an officer but will read what Bob says.

I mentioned in another thread that 911/SFD medic calls have skyrocketed here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North (Seattle) since the legalization of marijuana.

Read the entire thread, there's plenty of reasons (psychosis being one of them) to outlaw marijuana.

Regarding alcohol consumption: While it is terribly abused (hence the reason we need to bring back laws that prohibit being intoxicated in public, limit sales hours, etc.), the dope culture is entirely different than those who imbibe in alcohol.

From a Biblical prospective, remember that the responsible consumption of alcohol is not immoral, getting intoxicated is. The purpose of marijuana is to alter your mind, which inherently makes it an immoral act.

exminister

I mentioned in another thread that 911/SFD medic calls have skyrocketed here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North (Seattle) since the legalization of marijuana.

Read the entire thread, there's plenty of reasons (psychosis being one of them) to outlaw marijuana.

Regarding alcohol consumption: While it is terribly abused (hence the reason we need to bring back laws that prohibit being intoxicated in public, limit sales hours, etc.), the dope culture is entirely different than those who imbibe in alcohol.

From a Biblical prospective, remember that the responsible consumption of alcohol is not immoral, getting intoxicated is. The purpose of marijuana is to alter your mind, which inherently makes it an immoral act.

I see it is up to the states to make laws about being drunk it public. The Feds have no authority. Some states do and some don't. But if they become disorderly than they can be arrested.

Marijuana was not around in Biblical times so the Bible couldn't comment on it but the principle is there due to its statements around alcohol. Being responsible and not blitzed is the right choice with everything. I wish none of it existed but since it does setting it up like alcohol still seems the right way to handle it. Otherwise being an uncontrolled and illegal substance it will mean the drug will be laced to be more addicting and do far more harm.

*** Added note.
Alcohol is mind altering in my experience. Had no experience with marijuana so cannot state anything about it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see it is up to the states to make laws about being drunk it public.

Local ordinances have the responsibility to deal with issues like public intoxication.

The Feds have no authority.

Who said that they did?

Some states do and some don't. But if they become disorderly than they can be arrested.

There are many aspects to being drunk in public, being disorderly doesn't cover all of them.

Marijuana was not around in Biblical times so the Bible couldn't comment on it but the principle is there due to its statements around alcohol. Being responsible and not blitzed is the right choice with everything. I wish none of it existed but since it does setting it up like alcohol still seems the right way to handle it. Otherwise being an uncontrolled and illegal substance it will mean the drug will be laced to be more addicting and do far more harm.

The Bible talks about pharmaceuticals (mind altering drugs).

*** Added note.
Alcohol is mind altering in my experience. Had no experience with marijuana so cannot state anything about it.

Then you should stay away from booze. Know your limitations.

exminister

Local ordinances have the responsibility to deal with issues like public intoxication.

Who said that they did?
You told me to read. So I did and this is something I saw and noted just as a general statement.

There are many aspects to being drunk in public, being disorderly doesn't cover all of them.

The Bible talks about pharmaceuticals (mind altering drugs).

Then you should stay away from booze. Know your limitations.

Will try to find those texts since you are not willing to assist.
I do know my limitations.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...Will try to find those texts since you are not willing to assist.

Being an "ex minister", they should be easy to find.

I do know my limitations.

You know nothing about the drug culture. If you're not willing to get out into the real world and witness it, just look at how morally depraved those that defend drug use on TOL are. They're walking testimonies for criminalization.

exminister

You know nothing about the drug culture. If you're not willing to get out into the real world and witness it, just look at how morally depraved those that defend drug use on TOL are. They're walking testimonies for criminalization.

I am guessing you have linked sorcery to marijuana.

All this making marijuana legal did give rise for me to consider trying it (I think long and hard about such things) but reading the bad direct and side-effects that you noted and what others have stated I am just fine without ever needing to learn by experimenting. Don't need the real world to know it is bad for me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

While mind altering drug use is a big part of witchcraft, not all recreational drug users are into sorcery.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sorcery

All this making marijuana legal did give rise for me to consider trying it (I think long and hard about such things) but reading the bad direct and side-effects that you noted and what others have stated I am just fine without ever needing to learn by experimenting. Don't need the real world to know it is bad for me.

When talking about this subject, remember Jesus' 2nd greatest commandment.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You probably smoke the stuff like acw does.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Who ? name one :duh:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:up:

Replace booze with dope, then you don't say the above quote.

Why? They are two completely different things. You should know that, as you drove a beer truck for years (not a cannabis truck).

We just can't hold people accountable for their own actions while drunk, high etc....says the mighty Acw.

That's why we have laws: to help the morally weak.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why? They are two completely different things. You should know that, as you drove a beer truck for years (not a cannabis truck).

Tell that to every parent/child/sibling/spouse who has lost a family member due to a drunk driver or raging drunk.

Careful, ASC ... your *selective morality* is showing ...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Man drinks alcohol, hops in car, runs over somebody.
Man drinks alcohol, gets angry, shoots his neighbor.
Man drinks alcohol, commits suicide.

VS

Man smokes marijuana, murders a bag of Doritos.
Man smokes marijuana, organizes his entire house
Man smokes marijuana, laughs at cartoons

Marijuana.. it's horrible.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Tell that to every parent/child/sibling/spouse who has lost a family member due to a drunk driver or raging drunk.

Careful, ASC ... your *selective morality* is showing ...

So you acknowledge that there are victims to the "liberty" and "freedom" that you talk about so much (the supposed "freedom" to do with one's body as he or she pleases).

You really should take your point up with the Libertarian who works for a major beer/alcohol distribution company Sandy.

On that note:

Legalize dope in all 50 States and you'll see a real bloodbath.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Man drinks alcohol, hops in car, runs over somebody.
Man drinks alcohol, gets angry, shoots his neighbor.
Man drinks alcohol, commits suicide.

VS

Man smokes marijuana, murders a bag of Doritos.
Man smokes marijuana, organizes his entire house
Man smokes marijuana, laughs at cartoons

Marijuana.. it's horrible.

Another pro dope troll joins the thread. Tell us about your experiences smoking marijuana.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Another pro dope troll joins the thread. Tell us about your experiences smoking marijuana.

So Colorado and even entire countries are 'pro dope trolls'..

..Ever thought that maybe your bias against marijuana is derived from the extremely ill informed mania of fundamentalists who also made once made alcohol illegal?

And what's up with calling it 'dope'? That's a word mostly used referring to heroin by pot smokers because unlike ill informed people, they know that marijuana is safe and enjoyable- it is nothing like other drugs. There is absolutely nothing true about what people argue against it, it has been proven time and time again. That is why it is starting to become decriminalized.

I don't really smoke weed much anymore. It wasn't really a choice, I sort of just evolved into preferring alcohol. My experience with it was the same as it is for anyone else- I used it to relax at home or have a time with friends.
Same as alcohol, but without the belligerence.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So Colorado and even entire countries are 'pro dope trolls'..

..Ever thought that maybe your bias against marijuana is derived from the extremely ill informed mania of fundamentalists who also made once made alcohol illegal?

And what's up with calling it 'dope'? That's a word mostly used referring to heroin by pot smokers because unlike ill informed people, they know that marijuana is safe and enjoyable- it is nothing like other drugs. There is absolutely nothing true about what people argue against it, it has been proven time and time again. That is why it is starting to become decriminalized.

I don't really smoke weed much anymore. It wasn't really a choice, I sort of just evolved into preferring alcohol. My experience with it was the same as it is for anyone else- I used it to relax at home or have a time with friends.
Same as alcohol, but without the belligerence.

ACW, in his advancing years, reverts back to his childhood and all the things that scared him in his bedroom and in the closet. He remembers the Reefer Madness movies about the horrors of pot. Untrue, alcohol is much much worse.