ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

It was a physical act to give an outward display to signify that one was committed to the New Covenant.

Acts 26:16-20
16 ‘But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ 19 "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

So the gentiles are supposed to be baptised?

andyc

"they will never have to feel guilty about anything"-andycain

What guilt? I am reckoned crucified, buried, dead, risen, ascended, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. I accept, by faith, that His dbr settled, satisfied completely the sin/sins issue.

Re-try a dead person?

"..ye are dead..."

Memorize:

The righteousness of God.

I have it as a permanent possession.

What guilt? A forgiven thief is still a thief.

Memorize:

The righteousness of God.

You reject it. The LORD God thus rejects you.

There you go-this lost person's "good news:"

""they will never have to feel guilty about anything"-andycain

You're only making a claim of this in order to justify who you are in the natural.

This is not faith at all. True faith leads to a receiving of the Holy Spirit, and this causes people to walk in the fruits of the Spirit.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Acts 26:16-20
16 ‘But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ 19 "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, 20 "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

So the gentiles are supposed to be baptised?
I see no mention of baptism in that passage.

It's says that is the way the word http://studybible.info/strongs/G3341 is used in the NT.
And it did not prove it to be so. It only suggested it without any evidence.

andyc

I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

What were the Jews and gentiles supposed to repent of?

One In Christ

I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, "but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

they should repent(action), turn to God(clarification of action)

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 8:22-23
22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. 23 "For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity."

What did Simon have to do to be forgiven?

andycain: Simon had to stop sinning, turn from his evil deeds, in order to receive salvation-just like Judas:

Matthew 27:3 KJV
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone does the market.
And so far you haven't been able to respond to anything I've said.

Do you have a need to know? Sorry, sport-I dig chicks, so that infatuation you have with me, that man crush(that you learned from Tet.) won't work with me. Besides-I expect dinner, and a movie-minimum. And flowers the next day. Tell that to your domestic partner.

With me? Good.

andyc

andycain: Simon had to stop sinning, turn from his evil deeds, in order to receive salvation-just like Judas:

Matthew 27:3 KJV
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

I was asking you what you think he had to do, As usual you have no answer. We both know why, don't we?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Repent means to change one's mind. We've been over this.

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone does the market.
And so far you haven't been able to respond to anything I've said.

"Everyone" does the market.

I'll give you a "tip" sport-pay attention. Avoid using words like "Everyone," "All,".........in your "argument." You learned that from Tet. With me? Good. No charge.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

And it did not prove it to be so. It only suggested it without any evidence.
The verses are provided in the link:

http://studybible.info/strongs/G3341

Matthew 3:8
Matthew 3:11
Matthew 9:13
Mark 1:4
Mark 2:17
Luke 3:3
Luke 3:8
Luke 5:32
Luke 15:7
Luke 24:47