ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're only making a claim of this in order to justify who you are in the natural.

This is not faith at all. True faith leads to a receiving of the Holy Spirit, and this causes people to walk in the fruits of the Spirit.

What sins? They are in hell. Re-try a dead man?

Memorize:

The righteousness of God.

In Christ.

andycain charges that the Lord Jesus Christ has sin within Him, and on Him-on record.

"this causes people to walk in the fruits of the Spirit"-andycain

You missed it. Pay attention. That is santification, the wallk, of a forever justified saint.

Memorize: saint.

And get saved.

"True faith"-andycain

Is that like "truly dead...alive...pregnant?"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You clearly have no idea what "repent" means.
I provided the dictionary link for you to the Vine's. Here it is again:

http://studybible.info/vines/Repent, Repentance

It can be a verb, verb, adjective, or noun. All these are different Greek words translated as repent/repentance in the English.

I was talking about repentance (from sin).

If your mind is not supposed to be changed about anything in particular, then there is no reason to ask what you need to repent of.

john w

Hall of Fame
I was asking you what you think he had to do, As usual you have no answer. We both know why, don't we?

andycain: Simon had to stop sinning, turn from his evil deeds, in order to receive salvation-just like Judas:

Matthew 27:3 KJV
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

I know that's pretty deep, Phil.....So, slow down, and take a deep breath.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I provided the dictionary link for you to the Vine's. Here it is again:

http://studybible.info/vines/Repent, Repentance

It can be a verb, verb, adjective, or noun. All these are different Greek words translated as repent/repentance in the English.

I was talking about repentance (from sin).

If your mind is not supposed to be changed about anything in particular, then there is no reason to ask what you need to repent of.
The change of mind is regarding who Christ is.

And as repent means to change your mind there is no repentance from, or of, any action, let alone sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

And as repent means to change your mind there is no repentance from, or of, any action, let alone sin.
How do you get from being a sinner to with no action having no sin? Does this mean you cease from all action? Are not followers of Christ supposed to be obedient? Is it not true that before following God and Christ a person pursues their own aspirations and those of the devil/satan?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yet Andy is a gold member on TOL, and Johnny has never given a penny to TOL.

"Johnny has never given a penny to TOL"-Tet.

Tet., the pharisee. Of course, you freeload on your wife, as your "small business" flounders, giving from the $'s she makes, as you are fulfilling your life long dream to be a stay at home husband, keeping an eye on the TV, and such, and frying the bacon, which she brings home.

So there.

Tet. : MAD is "really an easy belief system."

His true colors exposed.

How much do you give to "The Human Fund," actor?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How do you get from being a sinner to with no action having no sin? Does this mean you cease from all action? Are not followers of Christ supposed to be obedient? Is it not true that before following God and Christ a person pursues their own aspirations and those of the devil/satan?
He removes sin from us; we don't do it ourselves.

He makes us dead to sin, sets us free from it; from its power and condemnation. We should not live as though He has not done this. We are no longer slaves to sin, but slaves to righteousness.

andyc

andycain: Simon had to stop sinning, turn from his evil deeds, in order to receive salvation-just like Judas:

Matthew 27:3 KJV
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

I know that's pretty deep, Phil.....So, slow down, and take a deep breath.

Still no answer. We know, don't we?

andyc

Nonsense. The gentiles had no idea who Christ is. They were living in darkness, and people do no come to the light if they do not want their evil deeds exposed.

Repentance is a change of mind concerning sin in the light of Christ. Chickenman and the other madists say this isn't necessary for those in the boc, but it is for the kingdom bunch.

You seem to have a different view.

bybee

"Johnny has never given a penny to TOL"-Tet.

Tet., the pharisee. Of course, you freeload on your wife, as your "small business" flounders, giving from the $'s she makes, as you are fulfilling your life long dream to be a stay at home husband, keeping an eye on the TV, and such, and frying the bacon, which she brings home.

So there.

Tet. : MAD is "really an easy belief system."

His true colors exposed.

How much do you give to "The Human Fund," actor?

This is quite an unseemly post.

john w

Hall of Fame
Repent means to turn in another direction. Repentance from sin is to change one's mind.

If a person is turning to Christ, what are they turning from?

vs.

“How can you submit to the righteousness of God without repenting?If I do not change my sinful ways, I haven't submitted to God's righteousness….Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does…..Repentance in salvation is an initial turning from sin….If a person repents of their sin, then this is the proof that their faith was genuine…And if we genuinely do believe, we will repent (turn from sin)….. Repentance is simply to turn from sin.. Repent means to change/turn, and we have to turn from darkness, sin…We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation.. What will he think of people who refused to repent and turn from sin,…?... So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … then we have repented by turning to him. If we turn to him, we are automatically turning from our self (sin, repenting)…. So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … Repentance means to turn from sin, …,. but you continue to insist that repentance (desire to change) is not a necessary component of salvation…. Do you believe we must repent of making sin our trade, in order to receive salvation?Or do you think we can continue sinning unashamedly?... We are repenting of our sin nature, as well as asking for forgiveness of sins previously committed…."-andyc

Lying then, or now?

Let me guess: Out of context....John, I have a man crush on you....what do you do for a living?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

More proof that you make stuff up and/or lie, and have no problem with it.

You do the same thing when it comes to defending your dispensationalism. You make stuff up and/or lie.

john w

Hall of Fame

Like andycain, and Tet., who assert that I have no job, and live in a trailer park? The only explanation, is that they have a man crush on me, and are vying for my affections, or are jealous.

No, I don't negotiate with communists, or wolves.

andyc

vs.

“How can you submit to the righteousness of God without repenting?If I do not change my sinful ways, I haven't submitted to God's righteousness….Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does…..Repentance in salvation is an initial turning from sin….If a person repents of their sin, then this is the proof that their faith was genuine…And if we genuinely do believe, we will repent (turn from sin)….. Repentance is simply to turn from sin.. Repent means to change/turn, and we have to turn from darkness, sin…We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation.. What will he think of people who refused to repent and turn from sin,…?... So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … then we have repented by turning to him. If we turn to him, we are automatically turning from our self (sin, repenting)…. So you do believe it is necessary to repent (change/turn from sin)? … Repentance means to turn from sin, …,. but you continue to insist that repentance (desire to change) is not a necessary component of salvation…. Do you believe we must repent of making sin our trade, in order to receive salvation?Or do you think we can continue sinning unashamedly?... We are repenting of our sin nature, as well as asking for forgiveness of sins previously committed…."-andyc

Lying then, or now?

Let me guess: Out of context....John, I have a man crush on you....what do you do for a living?

All true.

Even you couldn't have asked God for forgiveness if you didn't know you were a sinner. What would you be desiring to be forgiven of?

One In Christ

Repent means to turn in another direction. Repentance from sin is to change one's mind.

WHAT?!

How do you get:

Repent - turn another direction
Repent from sin - change one's mind

This is a far stretch of the imagination, and you just made it up

john w

Hall of Fame
More proof that you make stuff up and/or lie, and have no problem with it.

You do the same thing when it comes to defending your dispensationalism. You make stuff up and/or lie.

Like you lied re. I live in a trailer park? Well, punk? Or that you never "insult," "attack" those who disagree with your belief system? Want to see your own quotes? No, you don't.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Nonsense. The gentiles had no idea who Christ is. They were living in darkness, and people do no come to the light if they do not want their evil deeds exposed.
You are a moron.

Repentance is a change of mind concerning sin in the light of Christ.
Scripture?

Chickenman and the other madists say this isn't necessary for those in the boc, but it is for the kingdom bunch.

You seem to have a different view.
What other MADists?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

He doesn't care.

He likes to show everyone that he can lie through his teeth, and then brag about how it doesn't matter.

Then if anyone says lying is a sin, they are a self righteous, religious, legalistic, humanist, spineless, Cain.

Status
Not open for further replies.