ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
When are sins blotted out according to the first passage?

When were sins blotted out according to the second passage?

You are either being dishonest, or do not believe the passages. No other option.

Sinners were legally justified before God when Christ shed His blood on the cross.

Sinners are proven justified by God when He raises them to new spiritual life (regeneration) and gifts them with faith to believe the gospel preached.

Justification then proves to be both forensic (Romans 5:9) and historical (Galatians 3:4).

andyc

Show me the term biblically first.

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God

What is repentance from dead works?

andyc

Your "context:"

punter.jpg

"Repentance means to turn from sin... We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation…Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him...Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does"-andycain

Translated:The old reliable "out of context" crafty dismissal.

I quoted you-face you, perverter.

Acts 8:22-23
22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. 23 "For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity."

What did Simon have to do to be forgiven?

john w

Hall of Fame
john doesn't enter into debate.
He simply quotes people out of context, calls them names, and copy and pates from other websites.

"He simply quotes people out of context"-andycain=876,876 spam zingers served

"Learn to use the quote button."-andycain

vs.

"copy and pates-andycain

Learn how to spell, Jethro. Perhaps you can ask your idol, Tet.

So there...nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....

"I'm beginning to see why you don't work."-andycain

I don't have to work as hard as you do at Taco Bell, since I don't have a "domestic partner" I have to support, like you do.

With me so far, son of Cain? Good.

andyc

There is no repentance from sin.:nono:

There is freedom from sin, and death to sin.

:loser:

Who says?

Well...Peter taught that one had to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins, and then he would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. So in that sense, it was a kingdom requirement. We are baptized by the Spirit into Christ when we believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose to life. The gospel message to us doesn't include a REQUIREMENT to repent. However, repentance certainly has a place in Body doctrine. What a sad fool who wouldn't respond to the gift he's received by repenting of sin.

andyc

"He simply quotes people out of context"-andycain=876,876 spam zingers served

"Learn to use the quote button."-andycain

vs.

"copy and pates-andycain

Learn how to spell, Jethro. Perhaps you can ask your idol, Tet.

So there...nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....

"I'm beginning to see why you don't work."-andycain

I don't have to work as hard as you do at Taco Bell, since I don't have a "domestic partner" I have to support, like you do.

With me so far, son of Cain? Good.

So what do you do?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No you didn't. That is nothing but extrapolation and reading into the verses something that isn't there.

Try Biblegateway.com and search for the phrase in multiple versions. You won't find it.
I said in "Vine's" and then I did a search when you asked for it.

"In the NT the subject chiefly has reference to 'repentance' from sin, and this change of mind involves both a turning from sin and a turning to God."

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=...f.,cf.osb&fp=ce19979f0aca28f&biw=1536&bih=788

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I said in "Vine's" and then I did a search when you asked for it.

"In the NT the subject chiefly has reference to 'repentance' from sin, and this change of mind involves both a turning from sin and a turning to God."
And there was no evidence to show that to be the case.

john w

Hall of Fame
If the mads can remove repentance completely, they will never have to feel guilty about anything. Instead of having a sense of shame when they know they have messed up, they glorify Christ and regard themselves as weak in the natural, as an excuse to justify themselves.

"they will never have to feel guilty about anything"-andycain

What guilt? I am reckoned crucified, buried, dead, risen, ascended, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. I accept, by faith, that His dbr settled, satisfied completely the sin/sins issue.

Re-try a dead person?

"..ye are dead..."

Memorize:

The righteousness of God.

I have it as a permanent possession.

What guilt? A forgiven thief is still a thief.

Memorize:

The righteousness of God.

You reject it. The LORD God thus rejects you.

There you go-this lost person's "good news:"

""they will never have to feel guilty about anything"-andycain

Status
Not open for further replies.