ECT MADist thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Why would you think there is gross evil in Heaven right now?

You should look up the definition of filled. There is gross evil littering the heavens and the earth as the present moment. And, you know it.

Understanding that satan is still the god of this world, the prince of the power of the air, spiritual wickedness in high places, I know that he is still running this world's governments and religions. This is one of the reasons for the new heavens.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you notice how that John refuses to explain what he believes repentance from sin actually is?
I keep asking him but he won't respond. Why?
Because he has defeated his own argument for it regarding the kingdom slaves, even though he believes they had to repent.

Now, where he's quoting me out of context is that he's trying to say that I believe that a Christian has to stop committing sin acts in order to be saved. No christian on the planet believes this, and certainly no Christian can achieve it. His favorite quote of me is a misunderstanding, and yet he's too hard hearted to accept it.

When I say that we must repent of our evil deeds, all I mean is that the deeds that we have committed (that we are aware of as being evil), we see them in a different light as a result of our understanding of Christ. That's all.
However, a person may be saved and love God but not actually know that a sin like fornication is a sin. We can only be ashamed of those things which we are convicted of in our heart at the time.

What john is doing is trying to remove all the shame from sin all together. He never wants to feel ashamed of anything, as we can see by his posts.

"When I say that we must repent of our evil deeds, all I mean is that the deeds that we have committed (that we are aware of as being evil), we see them in a different light as a result of our understanding of Christ. That's all."-andycain

Nope-that's not what you said. You said:

"Repentance means to turn from sin... We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation…Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him...Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does"-andycain

"Do you notice how that John refuses to explain what he believes repentance from sin actually is?"-andycain

Did you notice that andycain is lying about this-he learned that from his brother, Tet. Poor you-that 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 problem of yours."

I wrote:

Repent simply means to change your mind. The context, i.e., when, the issue, who addressed ....determines from what you are repenting, which you refuse to accept-the LORD God repented.As stated, as pertaining to salvation/justification in this dispensation, it is changing your mind about your ability to be justified by your works, your commitment, your "faith", your................., by recognizing your guilt, your "coming short"(Romans 3:19, 23 JV), admitting it, and thus being convicted/persuaded of your dire, hopeless condition in affecting your justification, and, instead, that trusting the objective cross work of the Saviour, and His commitment, His faith, not your subjective feelings, your subjective "commitment", your subjective "genuine" faith, not your "cleaning up your act....stop sinning..........".....as a pre-requisite to justification. That is religion, and the LORD God will reject it, and you, because you have rejected the sacrifice of the Saviour alone's cross work, and resurrection, as your grounds. The LORD God does not convict a lost man in order that they will want to "live for Him", i.e., commitment.........; He convicts them so they change their mind about relying on themselves, and see/recognize their need to beieve on the Son.

Repentance, as pertaining to justification(again, the context, to whom, when.....) is not a change of mind about whether or not to "love sin", or whether or not to "stop committing sin", but a change of mind/attitude about what is the LORD God's solution for the sin issue-the d,b.r alone.

andyc's, and the like, .....biggest problem that prevents his/their justification is not his depravity; rather, it his/their pride. The lost refuse to accept that they are "guilty" as charged, they "come short"(Romans 3:19, 32 KJV), and hence their continual offering up their "commitment......stop sinning......change your life................" as a basis for acceptance by a holy LORD God, comparing themselves to other rats, thinking, "I must be saved, as I am cleaner than my fellow rats, and turn from my evil deeds better than they do.....,instead of the finished cross work of the LORD Jesus Christ alone as the LORD God's final solution to the sin barrier, which results in separation from that same holy LORD God. They have not been convicted, and thus will not repent, or "change their mind."

The standard of "turning from our evil deeds"-100% compliance...

"the righteousness of God"

Memorize it.

"We are repenting of our sin nature, as well as asking for forgiveness of sins previously committed…."-andyc

What sins? The dbr took care of all of them-all my sins are in hell, never to be brought up again:

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I will not, and do not, ask for the forgiveness of sins-done. You do-you reject that the dbr settled the sin/sins issue. Hence,...

"Repentance means to turn from sin... We have to turn from our evil deeds in order to receive salvation…Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him...Notice that the gentiles Paul preached to, had to turn from sin in order to be forgiven?... When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved….What these guys are saying is that we are saved through believing only….Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does"-andycain

"Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him…...if he wants to be a christian, he has to commit himself to this change…When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved…...Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does…..Everybody knows that faith involves commitment,"-andycain

The gospel of Christ has NADA to do with your:

-"commitment," "sacrifice," "giving your life to God," "surrender," and all that self righteous jazz. You can't touch the 100% commitment, "giving your life," "surrender" the Lord Jesus Christ exhibited-100% compliance, giving His whole being to God the Father, and surrendering His life, committing into the hands of His Father, His fate after death, believing He would raise Him from the dead.

- figuring out how to “repent”(stop sinning) of every sin you have committed. Have you kept track of all the sins you committed, 24 hours/day, including sleeping, for your entire life? Let’s include those bad thoughts, also. Have you “repented” of your sin nature?

- “repenting”(stop sinning) of every “known” sin. You commit sins you don’t even know about.

“repenting”(stop sinning) of every “unknown” sin. You can’t “repent” of something w/o knowing what it is. You have to figure those out, also, and “good luck” with that.

-“self improvement” program, or “mending the old man.” The gospel of Christ wants to kill you, not improve you.

Contrasts between a forever justified saint, and you.

I like them, Mikey

john w

Hall of Fame
Your problem is that you do not attempt to understand, and that is a condition of a hardened heart.

Acts 26:1718
17 ‘I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

Before people can understand that they are sinners before God, they have to be convicted of what sin actually is. When Paul preached the gospel to the Grecians, he used the sin of idolatry to convict the people in order to make them realize that they needed a savior.
How can people receive forgiveness of sins if they are not convinced that they are sinners in need of forgiveness?

The reason you refuse to accept this is because you do not want to confront the sins in your life, because you do not want the guilt of what you know is wrong. This is why mad is gnosticism. There is no condemnation to those in Christ, and this means that God will never condemn us for anything we do. The reason why this is is because we have received the mind of Christ, and so we see sin in his light. This is what God meant when he explained through Jeremiah that he would put his laws in our hearts. It's not that we don't sin because we want to be righteous, we don't sin because we are righteous. The just shall live by faith. And this doesn't mean that we never slip up in weakness, we just don't justify our weakness.

What you're doing is exalting Jesus and everything he is and what he has done, for the sole purpose of excusing yourself for who you are and how you live.

Made up:

"Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him.."-andycain

vs.

" But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness..... For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 4:5 KJV; 5:6-8 KJV

No "fixin' up...cleaning yourself up...becoming a 'cleaner' rat than your other fellow rats.." ahead of time.

Contrasts.

john w

Hall of Fame
Which is more confusing?

1. Separating out the details
2. Mixing them all together

Just because Nang is confused does not mean that the details of God's plan is confusion. If Reformed Theology confuses me, does that mean it's diabolical?

So now we have three persons and one God...more than one baptism in the entire Holy Bible, more than one heaven and earth created(Gen. 1 vs. Rev. 21:1 KJV), more than one 'heaven'(there are 3), more than one Jerusalem(earthly, Gen. 14:18 KJV vs. heavenly, Rev. 21:10-27 KJV), more than '2 witnesses' bringing forth the LORD's plagues(Ex. 6:6 KJV vs. Rev. 11:3-8 KJV), more than one marriage(marriage of the first Adam, Gen. 2:18-23 KJV, vs. marriage of the last Adam, Rev. 19 KJV), more than one 'world'(2 Peter 3:6 KJV-"... the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:...")

It all says the same thing, you cult member.

SaulToPaul 2

So now we have three persons and one God...more than one baptism in the entire Holy Bible, more than one heaven and earth created(Gen. 1 vs. Rev. 21:1 KJV), more than one 'heaven'(there are 3), more than one Jerusalem(earthly, Gen. 14:18 KJV vs. heavenly, Rev. 21:10-27 KJV), more than '2 witnesses' bringing forth the LORD's plagues(Ex. 6:6 KJV vs. Rev. 11:3-8 KJV), more than one marriage(marriage of the first Adam, Gen. 2:18-23 KJV, vs. marriage of the last Adam, Rev. 19 KJV), more than one 'world'(2 Peter 3:6 KJV-"... the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:...")

Don't confuse us with details, brother john. Anything that is confusing is diabolical, by nature.
The Bible is a confusing book if you don't believe it. That does not make God the author of confusion, however.

john w

Hall of Fame
Don't confuse us with details, brother john. Anything that is confusing is diabolical, by nature.
The Bible is a confusing book if you don't believe it. That does not make God the author of confusion, however.

You bible splitter/chopper/divider...we have a LORD God of unity, not division!

In the beginning, God created the universe....God unified the light and the darkness....

Wait....Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

I will pray for you, brother, as no one taught your divisive doctrine before you...I will send you my church SOF. What "the church" do you attend? Tet. says you never go to "the church,"and have "an easy belief system."

Nang

TOL Subscriber

This is a diabolical non-rebuttal . . .

A Christian seeks to study these subjects with an attitude of submissive awe and acknowledgment of the greatness of God.

Denial of orthodox doctrines and their spiritual depths, manifested by imposing strict literalism, takes away from the revelations of God while adding imaginary events to His word.

Two strikes against you two fellows, I fear.

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The bible is only confusing to those blinded to it. II Corinthians 4:4

SaulToPaul 2

The bible is only confusing to those blinded to it. II Corinthians 4:4

2 Cor 4:3-4 (KJV)

It's diabolical to leave off verse 3.

Those who reject the gospel (who believe not) have their minds blinded by the god of this world, Satan. And, he does it through the shininess of religion in an attempt to keep the true Light hidden.

We know the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), and believe it.

When asked to cite the gospel, you refuse to quote it. 2 Cor 4:3 (KJV) seems to be speaking of you.

SaulToPaul 2

A Christian seeks to study these subjects with an attitude of submissive awe and acknowledgment of the greatness of God.

Are you submitted to the words on the pages of the scripture, or to the words on the pages of your favorite Reformed writer?

SaulToPaul 2

Denial of orthodox doctrines and their spiritual depths, manifested by imposing strict literalism, takes away from the revelations of God while adding imaginary events to His word.

Translation:

The Bible is a mystical book which cannot be taken at face value, allowing the spiritual words to correct our understanding.

andyc

"When I say that we must repent of our evil deeds, all I mean is that the deeds that we have committed (that we are aware of as being evil), we see them in a different light as a result of our understanding of Christ. That's all."-andycain

Nope-that's not what you said. You said:

"Do you notice how that John refuses to explain what he believes repentance from sin actually is?"-andycain

Did you notice that andycain is lying about this-he learned that from his brother, Tet. Poor you-that 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 problem of yours."

I wrote:

Repent simply means to change your mind. The context, i.e., when, the issue, who addressed ....determines from what you are repenting, which you refuse to accept-the LORD God repented.As stated, as pertaining to salvation/justification in this dispensation, it is changing your mind about your ability to be justified by your works, your commitment, your "faith", your................., by recognizing your guilt, your "coming short"(Romans 3:19, 23 JV), admitting it, and thus being convicted/persuaded of your dire, hopeless condition in affecting your justification, and, instead, that trusting the objective cross work of the Saviour, and His commitment, His faith, not your subjective feelings, your subjective "commitment", your subjective "genuine" faith, not your "cleaning up your act....stop sinning..........".....as a pre-requisite to justification. That is religion, and the LORD God will reject it, and you, because you have rejected the sacrifice of the Saviour alone's cross work, and resurrection, as your grounds. The LORD God does not convict a lost man in order that they will want to "live for Him", i.e., commitment.........; He convicts them so they change their mind about relying on themselves, and see/recognize their need to beieve on the Son.

Repentance, as pertaining to justification(again, the context, to whom, when.....) is not a change of mind about whether or not to "love sin", or whether or not to "stop committing sin", but a change of mind/attitude about what is the LORD God's solution for the sin issue-the d,b.r alone.

andyc's, and the like, .....biggest problem that prevents his/their justification is not his depravity; rather, it his/their pride. The lost refuse to accept that they are "guilty" as charged, they "come short"(Romans 3:19, 32 KJV), and hence their continual offering up their "commitment......stop sinning......change your life................" as a basis for acceptance by a holy LORD God, comparing themselves to other rats, thinking, "I must be saved, as I am cleaner than my fellow rats, and turn from my evil deeds better than they do.....,instead of the finished cross work of the LORD Jesus Christ alone as the LORD God's final solution to the sin barrier, which results in separation from that same holy LORD God. They have not been convicted, and thus will not repent, or "change their mind."

The standard of "turning from our evil deeds"-100% compliance...

"the righteousness of God"

Memorize it.

"We are repenting of our sin nature, as well as asking for forgiveness of sins previously committed…."-andyc

What sins? The dbr took care of all of them-all my sins are in hell, never to be brought up again:

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I will not, and do not, ask for the forgiveness of sins-done. You do-you reject that the dbr settled the sin/sins issue. Hence,...

"Before God justifies us, we have to choose to repent and commit ourselves to him…...if he wants to be a christian, he has to commit himself to this change…When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved…...Knowledge doesn't save you, faith that is initiated by turning from sin does…..Everybody knows that faith involves commitment,"-andycain

The gospel of Christ has NADA to do with your:

-"commitment," "sacrifice," "giving your life to God," "surrender," and all that self righteous jazz. You can't touch the 100% commitment, "giving your life," "surrender" the Lord Jesus Christ exhibited-100% compliance, giving His whole being to God the Father, and surrendering His life, committing into the hands of His Father, His fate after death, believing He would raise Him from the dead.

- figuring out how to “repent”(stop sinning) of every sin you have committed. Have you kept track of all the sins you committed, 24 hours/day, including sleeping, for your entire life? Let’s include those bad thoughts, also. Have you “repented” of your sin nature?

- “repenting”(stop sinning) of every “known” sin. You commit sins you don’t even know about.

“repenting”(stop sinning) of every “unknown” sin. You can’t “repent” of something w/o knowing what it is. You have to figure those out, also, and “good luck” with that.

-“self improvement” program, or “mending the old man.” The gospel of Christ wants to kill you, not improve you.

Contrasts between a forever justified saint, and you.

I like them, Mikey

Completely incoherent post that is a mishmash of quotes out of context and your usual rhubarb.

Learn to use the quote button. I'm beginning to see why you don't work.

andyc

This is a diabolical non-rebuttal . . .

Two strikes against you two fellows, I fear.

Nang

john doesn't enter into debate.
He simply quotes people out of context, calls them names, and copy and pates from other websites.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Translation:

The Bible is a mystical book which cannot be taken at face value, allowing the spiritual words to correct our understanding.

The bible is subject to abuse by those who adopt false teaching from false prophets.

Darby and Scofield were false prophets as surely as Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

I studied from a Scofield bible for seven years, and was deceived by his approach and commentary. But I also studied privately and prayerfully through the confusions the dispensational teachings caused, and God gave me the grace to come out from that false teaching into orthodox Protestant beliefs . . . without the aid of any outside commentaries, preachers, etc.

The Holy Spirit led me to truth strictly through carefully comparing scripture with scripture. Years before I ever learned about the importance of Sola Scriptura or before I ever read the Westminster Confession of Faith and other Reformed writings.

The gospel of Christ is the entire revelation of the written Word of God. From Genesis to Revelation, God promises new life and rescue from wickedness in His Son.

Nang

Status
Not open for further replies.