Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is more confusing?

1. Separating out the details
2. Mixing them all together

I would say #3 inventing things that aren't there.

Just last week you made a post that said the "many mansions" in John 14:2 refers to the many rooms in the temple, and that it would be on planet earth. Johnny W said the same thing.

Prior to that, you claimed there are three rooms in the temple, and that this supported your three places that the three groups of people spend eternity.

SaulToPaul 2

Prior to that, you claimed there are three rooms in the temple, and that this supported your three places that the three groups of people spend eternity.

Rooms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I said there were three general sections, and you agreed with me.

Here's an example regarding confusion,

Acts 3:19-21 (KJV)
Rom 5:11 (KJV)

Nang would say that these both say the same thing. They obviously do not say the same thing, this is confusion.

We would say that both are true, but about different groups. This may confuse Nang, but it is not confusion.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rooms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I said there were three general sections, and you agreed with me.

Ok, you said general sections instead of rooms.

But it still doesn't make any sense. How does the temple have three general sections, and at the same time "many mansions" in it?

Here's an example regarding confusion,

Rom 5:11 is the only place in the NT that the word "atonement" can be found in the KJV.

That should tell you something.

Rom 8:23 helps:

(Rom 8:23 KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Notice the redemption had not bee completed yet as of Rom 8:23.

Think of the 3 fall feasts being fulfilled, and maybe you will see it.

SaulToPaul 2

But it still doesn't make any sense. How does the temple have three general sections, and at the same time "many mansions" in it?

How many general sections were in the temple?

1. Section for 'the people'
2. Section where the priesthood operated
3. Section behind the veil

You agreed with me on this not more than a month ago.

Where did the priesthood stay? That might answer your question about rooms.

SaulToPaul 2

Rom 5:11 is the only place in the NT that the word "atonement" can be found in the KJV.

That should tell you something.

Concerning the Body of Christ,

Col 2:13-14 (KJV)

Compared with,

Reformed Theology: "it's all the same"

That, my friends, is confusion.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How many general sections were in the temple?

1. Section for 'the people'
2. Section where the priesthood operated
3. Section behind the veil

Yes, three sections, Inner Court, Outer Court, and Holy of Holies.

Here:

tabernacle.gif

How do you get "many mansions" out of the above?

SaulToPaul 2

How would little tiny rooms that priests sleep in be "many mansions"?

Compare the size of the area that the priesthood operated in with the size of the New Jerusalem. Compare the number of Levitical priests per course with an entire kingdom of priests.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Compare the size of the area that the priesthood operated in with the size of the New Jerusalem. Compare the number of Levitical priests per course with an entire kingdom of priests.

So only Levites will be in the New Jerusalem?

You do know the New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple?

(Rev 21:22 KJV) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Even in Solomon's temple and Herod's temple, the priests didn't live in the temple

There were thousands of Levites and priests who served in the temple

(1 Chron 23:2-5) The Levites were numbered from thirty years old and upward, and their number by census of men was 38,000. 4 Of these, 24,000 were to oversee the work of the house of the Lord; and 6,000 were officers and judges, 5 and 4,000 were gatekeepers, and 4,000 were praising the Lord with the instruments which David made for giving praise.

After the cross, Peter tells his audience that they were a royal priesthood. None of these priests lived in, or even worked at the temple. It is highly unlikely that all of Peter's audience were Levites. Only Israelites from the tribe of Levi could work in the temple.

(1 Peter 2:9 KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

You're all over the place trying to make John 14:2-3 fit Dispensationalism. You have the Mosaic Law in place, but then you have people besides Levites living in the temple (against the Mosaic Law). You have a New Jerusalem, but New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple, but then you use the rooms of the temple as your proof that "many mansions" refers to the "general sections" of the temple.

SaulToPaul 2

New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple, but then you use the rooms of the temple as your proof that "many mansions" refers to the "general sections" of the temple.

Nope.

Your diagram showed three general sections.

1. Where the people were - the land, the earth
2. Where the priesthood operated - New Jerusalem
3. Behind the veil - where Jesus Christ (and his fullness, the Body) is, heaven

The mansions are in the New Jerusalem, and they are for the priesthood.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Compare the number of Levitical priests per course with an entire kingdom of priests.

There's no temple in the New Jerusalem.

Yet you claim that "many mansions" in New Jerusalem is based on the general compartments of the temple.

(John 14:2-3 KJV) 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

It's mind boggling to me that you dispies think that the above passage refers to planet earth.

Jesus went to Heaven where His Fathers House is. That is where the "many mansions" are that Jesus has prepared for us.

Jesus does not bring His Father's house back to planet earth. The verse says that He comes for us to take us where He is.

You have to twist this passage so many ways to make it fit your future earthly kingdom.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your diagram showed three general sections.

It didn't show three "general" sections, it showed three sections period.

1. Where the people were - the land, the earth
2. Where the priesthood operated - New Jerusalem
3. Behind the veil - where Jesus Christ (and his fullness, the Body) is, heaven

Made up.

And you accuse others of "spiritualizing" scripture?

The mansions are in the New Jerusalem, and they are for the priesthood.

Correct. Everyone is a priest. Peter made it clear that every believer was in the Royal Priesthood.

The New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple.

Jesus comes back to take the believers to the New Jerusalem. This happened in 70AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Their inheritance is the New Jerusalem, where the priesthood operates.

(Gal 4:26 KJV) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Paul made it clear that the New Jerusalem above is the mother of us all. It isn't just for "kingdom slaves"

SaulToPaul 2

Made up.

And you accuse others of "spiritualizing" scripture?

You have to ignore scriptures showing an eternal inheritance of land, the City, and heaven.

I am showing you how they all fit in God's plan, in the household of God. Eph 2:21 (KJV)

Reject it if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.