ECT MAD interp flaw

Right Divider

Body part
Sometimes I wonder what is the point in attempting to point anything out to some of you.

No matter how worded, you right off conclude one is attempting to outdo you.
I was wondering why you pointed out the "principle of first mention" in regard to "and ye that fear God" when that was something that was mentioned many times before that in scripture.

RD, one principle (among other principles) you might do well to consider applying to phrases like "and ye that fear God" is the operative principle - "the law of first mention."
I did not think that you were trying to "out do" me, but to "correct" me. That's surely how it "sounded".

Danoh

I was wondering why you pointed out the "principle of first mention" in regard to "and ye that fear God" when that was something that was mentioned many times before that in scripture.

I did not think that you were trying to "out do" me, but to "correct" me. That's surely how it "sounded".

What if I was "correcting" you?

Not if I was, or was not?

What if I was?

What if I perceived that you were attempting to correct me on one Scriptural matter or another?

Or what if you actually were?

What?

I'm supposed to allow myself to have an issue with being corrected, whether perceived or not - as if I am the issue?

Or you on your end?

Or any MAD on their end?

That is nonsense and you each know know it.

As much as I do.

Personally, I have no issue with correction.

And I prefer said correction in public.

That others might see how MADs handle potential conflict and perhaps learn from its example.

But lets face it; some of us still have a lot of growing up to do IN HIM.

We point, and point, and point, our fingers at others only.

Do not think that does not harm our testimony before them; where it matters most - "the gospel" we assert is the one "blamed."

EVERY MAD on here should agree with this.

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Instead; I end up the perceived an "enemy" of fellow MADs.

Of MADS - we who are supposed experts on Galatians...

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Sheesh...

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter wanted? What in the world does that mean?

One preached a future salvation for Israel and one preached a present salvation for individuals and you say those are both the same?

In Acts 2&3 Peter was preaching to Israel. He said so clearly.
Acts 2:36 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Is the "whom ye have crucified", Peter "preaching the cross" as "good news"?
I would not call this glorying in the cross!

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

It's a murder indictment against Israel!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "Tongues" today are a counterfeit. As is the other Charismatic churches signs and wonders. You need only check out the various "Goings on" in the Charismatic church on YouTube in the last twenty years.

Danoh

Biblical tongues were a gift whereas andy and others who claim them today are manufactured.

What do you understand is behind their manufacturing?

This side of that which is perfect - the completed revelation of the mystery in written form...

I understand those things as the resulting manufacturing of their perceiving things through the emotionalism of the flesh as a result of the superstitions the fleshly mind results in perceiving things through, which are then further perceived by such individuals, through the ignorance that is in them about how things work this side of that which is perfect.

As even Paul's often makes obvious - even his Epistles need to be rightly divided....

These issues really are one of a failure on their part to note "the things that differ" from a much more refined level of abstraction.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Peter told them what they must do for the remission of sins. They must REPNET (change their mind) about WHO Jesus Christ was and be identified (baptized) in water for the remission of sins.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul's gospel. Paul's gospel was a mystery at that time Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV and since when does Paul tell us to DO anything to be saved?

They must repnet?

Contemplate that the reason you misspelled it is because it is the answer to the question of what men must do to be saved.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Danoh

They must repnet?

Contemplate that the reason you misspelled it is because it is the answer to the question of what men must do to be saved.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Well she is repping that on the net :)

And that passage in Acts 17 is a different issue, I Mind...

heir

TOL Subscriber
They must repnet?

It's obvious, I meant to type REPENT. I'll fix the typo. It doesn't change the fact that Peter told them what they must DO in answer to their question (Acts 2:37 KJV) after they heard Peter's preaching that Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among them by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by Him in the midst of them, as they also knew: they had taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain (Acts 2:22-23 KJV)!

Peter told them what they must do for the remission of sins (not for salvation). They must repent (change their mind) about WHO Jesus Christ was and be identified (baptized) in water for the remission of sins.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And Acts 17:30 KJV is not Paul's gospel. It's sad that you think it is.

musterion

There have been independent studies done over the years by linguists and psychologists where recorded "tongues" analyzed to match any known human dialect. Not one matched up. There might have been random identifiable words or phrases here and there but the bulk of it was always babbling gibberish.

At minimum, all it would take is just one person who could document with sworn witnesses that they're miraculously speaking by the Spirit a language they never studied before. That would lead to further examination of WHAT they preached but it would be a start.

But we can't even get that, and we're insulted for even asking.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There have been independent studies done over the years by linguists and psychologists where recorded "tongues" analyzed to match any known human dialect...

7132b082-7442-4e58-9821-7e3f3ae303a4_text.gif

Right Divider

Body part
What if I was "correcting" you?

Not if I was, or was not?

What if I was?

What if I perceived that you were attempting to correct me on one Scriptural matter or another?

Or what if you actually were?

What?

I'm supposed to allow myself to have an issue with being corrected, whether perceived or not - as if I am the issue?

Or you on your end?

Or any MAD on their end?

That is nonsense and you each know know it.

As much as I do.

Personally, I have no issue with correction.

And I prefer said correction in public.

That others might see how MADs handle potential conflict and perhaps learn from its example.

But lets face it; some of us still have a lot of growing up to do IN HIM.

We point, and point, and point, our fingers at others only.

Do not think that does not harm our testimony before them; where it matters most - "the gospel" we assert is the one "blamed."

EVERY MAD on here should agree with this.

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Instead; I end up the perceived an "enemy" of fellow MADs.

Of MADS - we who are supposed experts on Galatians...

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Sheesh...

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong
Boy, what was a long-winded rant about your feelings.

Did you have a point about the "law of first mention" or not?

Right Divider

Body part
I would not call this glorying in the cross!

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

It's a murder indictment against Israel!
It couldn't be more clear.

Last edited:

Danoh

I see Early Acts' preaching being about the positive the Father had all along planned to turn their negative into...from the foundation of the world...

I used to agree with Stam's "murder indictment" only view, but soon found it only half the story...

True; MOST MADs apparantly do not hold my view on this; which is fine by me.

I myself may or may not see different tomorrow...and I'll be fine with that as well...

For now what I see is Peter's "you did this...but the Father had all along planned HIS Purpose INTO that..."

His is both good news to, for, and about Israel's believing remant as to the Son...

As well as bad news to, for, and about unbelieving Israel as to the Son...

Right Divider

Body part
I see Early Acts' preaching being about the positive the Father had all along planned to turn their negative into...from the foundation of the world...

I used to agree with Stam's "murder indictment" only view, but soon found it only half the story...

True; MOST MADs apparantly do not hold my view on this; which is fine by me.

I myself may or may not see different tomorrow...and I'll be fine with that as well...

For now what I see is Peter's "you did this...but the Father had all along planned HIS Purpose INTO that..."

His is both good news to, for, and about Israel's believing remant as to the Son...

As well as bad news to, for, and about unbelieving Israel as to the Son...
I do NOT hold a "murder indictment only" view.

The point that we are trying to make is the Peter is NOT preaching the cross as good news and therefore is NOT preaching the cross as Paul does later.

It is simply impossible to show Peter preaching the cross as GOOD NEWS anywhere in Acts 1-5.

Indeed, Peter preaches some GOOD NEWS, but it's not the cross. All of the good news that Peter preaches in Acts 1-5 is IF you will repent, God will restore you and Jesus will return and establish His kingdom, etc. etc.

Danoh

I see that Peter and Paul preached the Cross as both good and bad news.

Peter...

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, (bad news) both Lord and Christ (both good and bad news)

Result of said good and bad news?

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Good news...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Bad news

And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Paul

God commendeth his love toward us (good news) in that while we were yet sinners (bad news) Christ died for us (good news).

The wages of sin in death (bad news) but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (good news).

As one Mid-Acts Pastor once put it long ago; first you dangle them above the flames...

Then, just as they start to roast; give them the good news...

Heck, we're always complaining the bad news is to often always compromisd these days.

Throughout Scripture, that is the pattern - both the good and the bad news...

I doubt you disagree with this. Just that too many end up concluding in their ignorance that we MADs are saying the one and not the other also...