ECT MAD interp flaw

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Boy, what was a long-winded rant about your feelings.

Did you have a point about the "law of first mention" or not?

Danoh suffers from "Fair Weather Friend Syndrome." I placed him on ignore, however, I may decide to take him off if I see him acting untoward towards his fellow MADs. Personally, I perceive him to be a wee bit unhinged at times.

Right Divider

Body part
I see that Peter and Paul preached the Cross as both good and bad news.

Peter...

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, (bad news) both Lord and Christ (both good and bad news)

Result of said good and bad news?

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Good news...

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Bad news

And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Paul

God commendeth his love toward us (good news) in that while we were yet sinners (bad news) Christ died for us (good news).

The wages of sin in death (bad news) but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (good news).

As one Mid-Acts Pastor once put it long ago; first you dangle them above the flames...

Then, just as they start to roast; give them the good news...

Heck, we're always complaining the bad news is to often always compromisd these days.

Throughout Scripture, that is the pattern - both the good and the bad news...

I doubt you disagree with this. Just that too many end up concluding in their ignorance that we MADs are saying the one and not the other also...
Unfortunately, you continue to miss the point.

Nowhere in Acts 1-5 does Peter preach the CROSS as Paul does. That Christ died for OUR SINS.

Danoh

Unfortunately, you continue to miss the point.

Nowhere in Acts 1-5 does Peter preach the CROSS as Paul does. That Christ died for OUR SINS.

No bro; I have not.

Rather; you have missed my point.

I am merely pointing out another point, not merely because it is just as valid; but out of awareness of what OUR enemies will make of your one point, out of THEIR ever endless ignorance "about" what MADs are often ACTUALLY asserting on one thing, or another.

Right Divider

Body part
No bro; I have not.

Rather; you have missed my point.

I am merely pointing out another point, not merely because it is just as valid; but out of awareness of what OUR enemies will make of your one point, out of THEIR ever endless ignorance "about" what MADs are often ACTUALLY asserting on one thing, or another.
:juggle:
I have an idea. Why don't you stay on the original point long enough to either confirm or deny it?

The clear fact is that Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross anywhere in Acts 1-5. Those that say that he did are delusional.

Danoh

Danoh suffers from "Fair Weather Friend Syndrome." I placed him on ignore, however, I may decide to take him off if I see him acting untoward towards his fellow MADs. Personally, I perceive him to be a wee bit unhinged at times.

Absolute nonsense on your part.

You are exercising the very freedom against another you have the nerve to assert they are guilty of.

Yours is the very practice of tyranny.

Put me on ignore. I don't care.

I held to MAD way before I ever even heard of TOL and or its one MAD clique beyond other MADs on here who obviously do not belong to same..

Keep your one sided club.

I do not need its one sided endorsement.

I prefer being able to speak my mind about what I perceive is off doctrinally, and or that could do with a bit more reflecting on.

That is your loss.

Just as I prefer being able to stand up with whomever I perceive is being unjustly accused of one thing or another - regardless of whether they hold to MAD or not.

Keep your one sided club.

I do not care.

Danoh

I have an idea. Why don't you stay on the original point long enough to either confirm or deny it?

The clear fact is that Peter did NOT preach the good news of the cross anywhere in Acts 1-5. Those that say that he did are delusional.

About as delusional as your two gospels of Paul.

Whatever, know it all...

You and yours sure love being direct with others.

There is no way around your kind's one sided duplicity; other than to always shout an amen to it.

One is supposed to walk on eggshells around this secular clique of yours.

Say things just the politically correct way - as determined by your Galatians club - or face its wrath and or lose its uncertain endorsement.

What a joke...

Not gonna happen here.

I'll post my agreement with you where I agree.

And I'll post my understanding where I believe it might help.

And I'll post where I might differ on one thing or another.

And I'll stand with whomever I believe is being unjustly mistreated; be that GT on some point; or you.

Because that is what is right; whether you and yours like it...or not.

I do not hold that Peter and Paul had preached the same messages.

I had not way before TOL.

Make of all this what you will.

I am not part of your "my way or the highway" secular, in the flesh, clique.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Whatever, know it all...

If RD is wrong then show by what saith the scripture where Peter preached that "Christ died for our sins" in Acts 1,2,3,4,5. Otherwise, concede the point as Peter either did and it can be shown or he didn't and it can't.

Last edited:

Danoh

If RD is wrong then show by what saith the scripture where Peter preached that "Christ died for our sins" in Acts 1,2,3,4,5. Otherwise, concede the point as Peter either did and it can be shown or he didn't and it can't.

There is nothing for me to concede.

Unlesss you and he have been ignoring any time I have ever posted on Early Acts...as EARLY Acts...

Right Divider

Body part
Why don't you start a new tread on this topic. I've never heard about "the two gospels of Paul".

Whatever, know it all...
I've never made that claim for myself.

Is there something wrong with that?

There is no way around your kind's one sided duplicity; other than to always shout an amen to it.
What "duplicity" is that?

One is supposed to walk on eggshells around this secular clique of yours.

Say things just the politically correct way - as determined by your Galatians club - or face its wrath and or lose its uncertain endorsement.

What a joke...

Not gonna happen here.

I'll post my agreement with you where I agree.

And I'll post my understanding where I believe it might help.

And I'll post where I might differ on one thing or another.

And I'll stand with whomever I believe is being unjustly mistreated; be that GT on some point; or you.

Because that is what is right; whether you and yours like it...or not.

I do not hold that Peter and Paul had preached the same messages.

I had not way before TOL.

Make of all this what you will.

I am not part of your "my way or the highway" secular, in the flesh, clique.
You're so emotional.

How about you actually show us what we asked for or withdraw your support for something that does not exist?

But instead you prefer to go off on another rant.

SaulToPaul 2

As I see it:

Gospel of God- Romans 1:1-4 (KJV). Foundational truth for both churches in Acts.

Gospel of Christ- 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). To the Jew first, then the Greek.

Gospel of Grace of God- this is the gospel of Christ expanded to include all Gentiles

Danoh

Please start a new thread on "the three gospels of Paul". I've never heard of that.

Not my assertion, bro....

Paul preached three gospels, but not the point I am presently making to jamie.

Actually, I knew a MAD many years ago who also asserted three gospels for Paul.

The 28ers also assert that; but their conclusions from it all is what makes them 28ers; in contrast to SOME MADs who mostly differ in this three gospels of Paul assertion and or just a few other points; which is why I view them as still being FELLOW MADs.

Anyway, heir, stp, and perhaps nick also, might be a better source on this.

I hold one Pauline mystery and gospel.

We're MADs.

But our understandings differ in some things.

As with people within any school of thought and or walk in life.

Danoh

As I see it:

Gospel of God- Romans 1:1-4 (KJV). Foundational truth for both churches in Acts.

Gospel of Christ- 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV). To the Jew first, then the Greek.

Gospel of Grace of God- this is the gospel of Christ expanded to include all Gentiles

There it is!

Thanks, bro :)