Liberal opens fire in Dallas at liberal protest

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's not even all I've posted in this thread. But I liked the quote, and I thought it was a needed counter-point to the general mood of the thread.

I didn't realize that people check your links just because you post them

andyc

Nick M's Jesus

2zdncev.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Do you think the reason we now have peace with the Germans and the Japanese is simply the wars we fought with them? Or was it also important how we conducted the peace that followed the wars?

Because we not only destroyed them with brute force, and brought them to their knees but, after the war we rebuilt them to make them understand the blessings of democracy over tyranny. Make no mistake though, outside of us crushing them both completely with brute military force they would have never stopped.

ClimateSanity

Do you think the reason we now have peace with the Germans and the Japanese is simply the wars we fought with them? Or was it also important how we conducted the peace that followed the wars?
It wasn't necessary. All we had to do was maintain a presence there and stomp out any sign of revolt that raises it's head.

The Gauls and Carthaginians never bothered the Romans again.

ClimateSanity

Because we not only destroyed them with brute force, and brought them to their knees but, after the war we rebuilt them to make them understand the blessings of democracy over tyranny. Make no mistake though, outside of us crushing them both completely with brute military force they would have never stopped.

You said it better than me. Real peace would never have come with diplomacy and niceness.

Feral Phoenician

You are correct, and so are others. Peace was only achieved through violent conflict, but we "kept the peace" out of what we would gain.

After 1942, we (US) demanded "unconditional surrender" from the Axis Powers. This is a debate even now as to whether it was a good idea.

West Germany became an ally after East Germany was controlled by the Soviet Union. Whether we would have "built them back up" if not for the Cold War is a very good question. We certainly didn't want Nazis coming back, but we were less than kind to Prussia (old name for Germany) after World War One.

Everyone wanted the lucrative trade treaties with Japan, which is why we allowed Emperor Showa (Hirohito) to remain a figurehead and not be prosecuted. These treaties were so in demand that the PRC (People's Republic of China) dropped *all* war crimes allegations against Japan, including the absolutely barbaric Rape of Nanking (Nanjing).

West Germany was a matter of necessity, which is why we allowed numerous war criminals to escape prosecution including former Gestapo and SD (the intelligence branch of the SS) agents, so they could serve in West Germany's intelligence corps.

Japan was a matter of corporate greed and National Trade. While Japan lost it's status as a military superpower, it by no means lost it's status as a financial superpower. We (the US) even halted lawsuits by US Servicemen who had been slave labor in Japan during the war, in order not to lose out on money.

We have a very poor track record of helping nations we've beaten in wars. If West Germany and Japan had "nothing to bring to the table", we would not have had such vested interests.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You said it better than me. Real peace would never have come with diplomacy and niceness.

Peace always comes through strength and overwhelming force, the difference is what the conquerer does after the battle. Do they become the occupying overlord? or do they attempt to rebuild the society to be a peaceful productive one and then leave? America has always strived to be the latter.

View attachment 24515

ClimateSanity

Peace always comes through strength and overwhelming force, the difference is what the conquerer does after the battle. Do they become the occupying overlord? or do they attempt to rebuild the society to be a peaceful productive one and then leave? America has always strived to be the latter.

View attachment 24515

Except iraq didn't want our idea of society. Our presence was an abomination to their religion.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Except iraq didn't want our idea of society. Our presence was an abomination to their religion.

I have made that point as well, that some cultures are not compatible with our own & should be rejected. I know, I know...Bigot, Racist, Xenophobe, and on it goes ad nauseam.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You really are a thoroughly indecent human being.

Coming from people who have absolutely no discretion whatsoever when it comes to death, that means nothing to me.

The death penalty, gun 'defense', police brutality- you all encourage it with your attitudes and indifference. So put a sock in it, Broseph :wave2:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
LIBERAL opens fire in Dallas at liberal protest

The gunfire began in downtown Dallas on July 7th at 8:58 PM and did not end until the perpetrator was killed in a parking garage by a bomb on July 8th at 2:30 AM.

Even taking into account the difference in time zones, how could the OP who started this thread on July 7th, 2016 at 07:37 PM have possibly come to the conclusion that the dead shooter was a "LIBERAL?"

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you actually telling Canadians, Australians, Brits, etc that the only true democracy in this world is the USA?

In America, we have protections against the tyranny of majority.

Brits and Canadians don't, and that's why you can't own a gun and, day by day, are limiting free speech.

It's happening right below your ignorant noses the reason why America founded it's Constitution in the first place :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Coming from people who have absolutely no discretion whatsoever when it comes to death, that means nothing to me.
I'll add it to the list of things that don't matter to you...a pretty big list, including the lives of police officers and the raping of women you don't like. :plain:

The death penalty,
I'm against it. We put innocent people to death and that's unacceptable.

gun 'defense',
No idea what that means to you.

police brutality-
Against it.

you all encourage it with your attitudes and indifference.
The only demonstrable indifference here is yours, declared from your own lips, so to speak.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'll add it to the list of things that don't matter to you...a pretty big list, including the lives of police officers and the raping of women you don't like. :plain:

You don't care about the problems men face, or the gun ho mentality of police.

The way I see it, these things are good to happen because you all have made it to where it must.

There is a pretty big list of things wrong with this society, with limited means as to how to solve those problems- none of which fits into your paradigm of morality, which you all ensured to be the case.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
4756263 said:
In America, we have protections against the tyranny of majority.

Brits and Canadians don't, and that's why you can't own a gun and, day by day, are limiting free speech.

It's happening right below your ignorant noses the reason why America founded it's Constitution in the first place :rolleyes:

FREEDOM OF THE PRESS 2013
GLOBAL PRESS FREEDOM RANKINGS

RANK - COUNTRY

1. Norway
1, Sweden

3. Belgium
3. Finland
3. Netherlands

6. Denmark
6. Luxembourg
6. Switzerland

9. Andorra

10. Iceland
10. Liechtenstein

12. St Lucia

13. Estonia
13. Ireland
13. Monaco
13. New Zealand
13. Palau
13. San Marino

19. Germany
19. Marshall Islands
19. Portugal
19. St. Vincent and Grenadines

23. Barbados
23. Costa Rica
23. Jamaica
23. United States of America

https://cse.google.com/csehttps://c...ner-pub-6927109782149634:6642017641&q=FREEDOM OF THE PRESS 2013 GLOBAL PRESS FREEDOM RANKINGS#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=FREEDOM OF THE PRESS 2013 GLOBAL PRESS FREEDOM RANKINGS&gsc.page=1

Apparently the "GLOBAL PRESS FREEDOM RANKINGS" don't share "Crucible's" exalted opinion of American freedoms!

Last edited:

Captain

A black man declares war on white officers by opening fire upon them and killing as many as he can; in protest of white officers killing black men. Would it be justifiable for a white man to declare war on blacks by opening fire upon them and killing as many as he can; in protest of black men killing white officers?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A black man declares war on white officers by opening fire upon them and killing as many as he can; in protest of white officers killing black men. Would it be justifiable for a white man to declare war on blacks by opening fire upon them and killing as many as he can; in protest of black men killing white officers?

The motive is secondary here- the fact of the matter is that the police have trigger happy and gestapo officers, and they go unchecked. There is a general lack of respect for life among those type- people have shrugged their shoulders at that for a long time now, and retaliation has begun.

I have no doubt in my mind that this is just the beginning of something worse. So people can sit there on their high horse all they want, or cry about officers being victimized.
In the mean time, the inevitable is going to happen anyway- just as it just did :rolleyes: