Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

She did know

Davis said that she knew that same-sex marriage would become an issue when she was elected to take the place of her mother — who had held the office for nearly 40 years — last November.

"I would have to either make a decision to stand or I would have to buckle down and leave," she said. "And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God's word."

She planned for the possibility ahead of time.
If that be so, then she is different from me. i would never place myself in such a situation! The secular is often civil, and the civil has given over to the secular.

I did not know the whole story

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So, did she know, or not?
:idunno:

Did you know which way the supreme court would go before it happened? If not, then neither did she, she isnt on the supreme court any more than i am.

We all knew it was issue, but knowing its an issue, isnt knowing what would happen.

GFR7

Meanwhile, anyone want to take side bets on how long the clerk is in the slammer? What's the over/under?
She is being represented pro bono by attorneys for Liberty Counsel. They will want to score points for the pro-family side with this case. Perhaps this will include leaving her in jail for awhile, to make the point about Christian persecution? :think:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Mike Huckabee's fear-mongering, campaign-serving tweet:

Kim Davis in federal custody removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country.

Not fear-mongering, it is the truth. You cannot serve two masters.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did you know which way the supreme court would go before it happened? If not, then neither did she, she isnt on the supreme court any more than i am.

We all knew it was issue, but knowing its an issue, isnt knowing what would happen.

I knew the government was becoming more corrupt; however, I did not realize it would happen as it did? I did not know the spiral would move downward so quickly.

You know, there are more reasons behind this coup!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I knew the government was becoming more corrupt; however, I did not realize it would happen as it did? I did not know the spiral would move downward so quickly.

You know, there are more reasons behind this coup!

Exactly, she didn't know either, unless one wants to claim shes clairvoyant.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If that be so, then she is different from me. i would never place myself in such a situation! The secular is often civil, and the civil has given over to the secular.

I did not know the whole story

Exactly my point. She knew when she was elected that same-sex marriage would become an issue. She didn't have to know the outcome of the Supreme Court's decision to know that it was very possibly going to be in favor of same sex marriage, given their refusal to hear an appeal by 5 states trying to keep their same sex marriage bans in place only a month before she was elected.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Exactly my point. She knew when she was elected that same-sex marriage would become an issue. .

Would become an issue doesn't = it will happen. No one knew for certain till it happened.

So to keep pressing that means you think shes a prophet. If you think shes a prophet, you better be scared.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
She is being represented pro bono by attorneys for Liberty Counsel. They will want to score points for the pro-family side with this case. Perhaps this will include leaving her in jail for awhile, to make the point about Christian persecution? :think:
Well, it would be persecution in the same sense that Otis Campbell was persecuted by Andy Taylor, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her stay a while.

Would become an issue doesn't = it will happen. No one knew for certain till it happened.

So to keep pressing that means you think shes a prophet. If you think shes a prophet, you better be scared.
She rolled the dice. Why is that an issue?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Don't trouble yourself with what I think. I'll be fine.

Back to the discussion:

Davis planned for a negative (to her) outcome of a Supreme Court decision by deciding ahead of time to make a stand instead of resigning or retiring.

Those are her own words. I'll take them as she intended.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't trouble yourself with what I think. I'll be fine.

Back to the discussion:

Davis planned for a negative (to her) outcome of a Supreme Court decision by deciding ahead of time to make a stand instead of resigning or retiring.

Those are her own words. I'll take them as she intended.

Don't cha just hate people with a moral backbone anna?

Rowan County Kentucky Court Clerk Kim Davis was elected to a position where one of her duties was to issue marriage licenses to one man, who was marrying one woman. Just because a bunch of secular humanist judges who have no constitutional authority to redefine marriage (or murder babies in the womb for that matter) decided that Bruth and whatshisname can call themselves husband and husband, doesn't mean that elected officials have to go along with it (her oath was to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Kentucky's Constitution, not to the Supreme Court).

How about when incestuous, polygamous and adult-child 'marriages' are legalized (it's that "right to privacy" thing), will you be singing the same tune?

Aimiel

Is there a religious liberty savvy attorney firm which will show where the civil ends and the religious begins?
Yep... Jay Sekulo started: The American Center for Law and Justice, for just such cases as this and has argued many before our nation's highest court, most of which he has won.

kiwimacahau

She is an elected public official. The US is not a theocracy and as she was elected to provide certain services she should provide those services or have the grace to resign if she could not. She is a self-serving wannabe 'martyr'.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't cha just hate people with a moral backbone anna?

I'm fascinated by the repeated (unsuccessful) attempts to read my mind.

Rowan County Kentucky Court Clerk Kim Davis was elected to a position where one of her duties was to issue marriage licenses to one man, who was marrying one woman. Just because a bunch of secular humanist judges who have no constitutional authority to redefine marriage (or murder babies in the womb for that matter) decided that Bruth and whatshisname can call themselves husband and husband, doesn't mean that elected officials have to go along with it (her oath was to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Kentucky's Constitution, not to the Supreme Court).

How about when incestuous, polygamous and adult-child 'marriages' are legalized (it's that "right to privacy" thing), will you be singing the same tune?

Easy. If you have a problem with what the government declares legal, don't work for the government.