Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't agree but if she does she never should have taken a job with the state to begin with and should definitely resign now.

False, gay marriage was not a law when she took the office.

No, she should not resign now, the cowardly supreme court should be adressing the conflict in the law they created.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Excellent summation of facts from another poster in another thread:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439277&postcount=61

Cause the media doesn't care to present the truth if it doesn't suit their agenda.

See the following statement from Al Mohler's Briefing:

As Mrs. Davis and her attorneys have made clear, she has been willing for her name to be removed from marriage licenses in Rowan County, but she is not willing to put her name on those licenses so long as that would require her approval of same-sex marriages. But Judge Bunning made clear that he would be satisfied only when Mrs. Davis either issues marriage licenses in compliance with the Obergefell decision or resigns her office.​

And this statement from herself:

"I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience...."

And this statement from the AP:

"Davis has refused to issue marriages licenses for two months since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. She argues that her Christian faith should exempt her from signing the licenses."

And this statement from her attorney:
Davis only asked that the Kentucky marriage license forms be changed so her name would not appear on them. She would record any license without her name affixed. Marriage licenses remain in county records permanently. Davis said, “I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience.”​

And Judge Bunning (who is acting like a fascist judicial tyrant) refuses to allow her to keep her position while abstaining from signing or placing her name on documents that violate her religious conscience. So she will stay in jail until she resigns her position, which she was elected to prior to the Supreme Court decision or violate her conscience.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't agree but if she does she never should have taken a job with the state to begin with and should definitely resign now.

I agree with the later part, however, how could she have known?

When the secular becomes corrupted, then we see clearly what the secular is..........

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree with the later part, however, how could she have known?

She did know

Davis said that she knew that same-sex marriage would become an issue when she was elected to take the place of her mother — who had held the office for nearly 40 years — last November.

"I would have to either make a decision to stand or I would have to buckle down and leave," she said. "And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God's word."

She planned for the possibility ahead of time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
She did know.

Davis said that she knew that same-sex marriage would become an issue when she was elected to take the place of her mother — who had held the office for nearly 40 years — last November. "I would have to either make a decision to stand or I would have to buckle down and leave," she said. "And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God's word."

yeah, shes a prophet of God, who knows the future as a fact, so youd better watch out :rolleyes:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Mike Huckabee's fear-mongering, campaign-serving tweet:

Kim Davis in federal custody removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Until the media forgets about her and everyone stops caring. Few weeks, tops.

yes, as soon as the gays find another pizza place or something like that who never turned a gay away, but said they wouldn't cater a gay wedding if asked (when they dont cater anyhow) to harrass to death and try to drive out of business, because the real issue is forcing others to do their bidding. Especially Christians.

Quetzal

yes, as soon as the gays find another pizza place or something like that who never turned a gay away, but said they wouldn't cater a gay wedding if asked (when they dont cater anyhow) to harrass to death and try to drive out of business, because the real issue is forcing others to do their bidding. Especially Christians.
Bidding? All they are asking is to be provided the same services as everyone else.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Bidding? All they are asking is to be provided the same services as everyone else.

Oh, then why to drive a business out because of their personal opinion?

Why threaten to rape kim davis in front of her husband and burn her house down?

Why be forced to attend "diversity training" under the law because of your personal beliefs?

Equal means each person can have their own beliefs. It would be real easy to allow someone else to sign those certificates besides her, but the facists want her to do it, or not work. Reasonable accomodation, being an adult who knows everyone doesnt have the same beleifs.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What opinion are you referring to?

You don't remember the cake shop that was forced out of business?

Or the pizza store they TRIED to force out of business when they didnt do anything to anyone other than give their opinion on gay marriage, all before it was a law?

Say what? I highly doubt that is part of the gay "agenda".

The gay agenda is agree, or dont work. For some of them its best if you are jailed or dead.