Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I never bought the 'mark of Cain' lie,
Of course not. It was a lame justification cobbled by people deeply invested in a moral ill.

but queers don't have the right to marry, IMHO;
You mean you don't believe they should have the right. Because the question of law is decided.

neither does the government have the right to force me to recognize their un-holy union
Depends on what you mean by recognize. You don't have to agree with it or celebrate it, but you can't negate it's existence at law. I'm not sure how its legality actually intersects or would intersect with you beyond the idea of it.

Making something legal according to the law of the land doesn't make it line up with The Law of God.
It isn't fashioned to do that. It's not attempting to legislate anyone's morality.

Aimiel

... when homophones use the bible to justify their hate and bigotry they are martyrs and heros
Because we recognize that queer behavior is sin doesn't make us homo-phobes. Just truthful. We cannot be made ashamed of that which has made us acceptable to God, even though we were once lost and 'without excuse,' as you currently are.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

You know that they deserve death, because God said you do. You not only do the same but have pleasure in those who do such things. :nono:

I believe you need to change your religious affiliation to: "Other," because you certainly don't represent Christ.

Aimiel

It isn't fashioned to do that. It's not attempting to legislate anyone's morality.
Actually: it has legislated immorality, which is the basis of our objection. We cannot be forced to accept immorality or we are partakers of it. See the Scripture text in my previous post.

bybee

So when racists use the bible to justify their hate and bigotry it's wrong and a "lie"
But when homophones use the bible to justify their hate and bigotry they are martyrs and heros

You overstate yourself.
Racists on both sides of the coin use every dirty trick in the books to justify their hatred of each other.
Homosexual behavior is condemned in the Bible. That is a fact.
I doubt that Mother Nature is too crazy about it either.
However,
under our Constitution and a recently interpreted reading of the law, freedom of choice is protected and the right to marry a same sex partner is also protected.
I can understand civil unions being legislated. But the traditional historical definition of marriage is between a man and a woman.
I keep myself to myself on this topic unless someone seeks to get in my face.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually: it has legislated immorality, which is the basis of our objection.
The law isn't religious law and it isn't telling a blessed soul how to feel or what to believe. It's only telling you what you can't do with that belief in relation to people who differ.

We cannot be forced to accept immorality or we are partakers of it.
That's another broad stroke. Partake? Depends on what you mean by it. A person determined to be offended and find ground could say taxes force you to partake in every immoral action our government takes.

StanJ

I never bought the 'mark of Cain' lie, but queers don't have the right to marry, IMHO; neither does the government have the right to force me to recognize their un-holy union. Making something legal according to the law of the land doesn't make it line up with The Law of God.

The government has been involved with marriage for decades if not more, and when it first started churches were up in arms then just for having to approve church sanctioned weddings. Now it's a different issue but the same old rant. Government recognition has NEVER sanctified marriage. Not then and not now. It's a legal thing but people still have the ability to cohabitate, which then actually becomes legal.
As Shakespeare wrote, "Much ado about nothing".

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I never bought the 'mark of Cain' lie, but queers don't have the right to marry, IMHO; neither does the government have the right to force me to recognize their un-holy union. Making something legal according to the law of the land doesn't make it line up with The Law of God.

:cheers: Correct.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Government recognition has NEVER sanctified marriage.

Why not Stan? Who says that a man and a woman have to be a follower of Christ (and have a church wedding) in order to legitimize matrimony?

God certainly didn't in Genesis:

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24; ESV)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You appear to NOT be able to separate sins from sinners. Good thing Jesus was able to accept you before you became perfect. Rom 5:8 (NIV)

repentant sinners who recognize their actions as sin are one thing

homos asking society to accept their perversion as normal is something else entirely

StanJ

repentant sinners who recognize their actions as sin are one thing

homos asking society to accept their perversion as normal is something else entirely

Rom 5:8 says nothing about repentant sinners, it says SINNERS, period.

They aren't asking, they HAVE the right to get married. Are you OK with all the other perversions other citizens have in the bedroom? Do you honestly believe homosexuality is the ONLY perversion there is?
HELLO!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They aren't asking, they HAVE the right to get married.

according to five perverted scumbags on the scotus, yes

according to God?

they have the right to be executed

I'm gonna go with God on this one - you have fun going with the five perverted scumbags

StanJ

Why not Stan? Who says that a man and a woman have to be a follower of Christ (and have a church wedding) in order to legitimize matrimony?

That would be the whole point, if you had actually read my post in context and not skimmed it.
Obeying God has NOTHING to do with governmental recognition, as Paul clearly points out in 1 Cor 5. Maybe you should read it?

kiwimacahau

according to five perverted scumbags on the scotus, yes

according to God?

they have the right to be executed

I'm gonna go with God on this one - you have fun going with the five perverted scumbags

Not even the orthodox Jews agree with you. As a gentile we were NEVER covered by the Levitical prohibitions nor were we covered by the law given at Sinai / Horeb because we are not Jews.