Kasich gets attacked by PC police.

rexlunae

FTFY, and you are welcome. :)

I am trying to bring back the common sense that protected women from rape, you are trying to create victims of rape by disarming them of all the common sense protections that have been working since the beginning of time.

Sorry, when were women safe from rape by the power of Almighty common sense? Women in burkas get raped. The problem is men and how they are taught to treat women.

genuineoriginal

Sorry, when were women safe from rape by the power of Almighty common sense? Women in burkas get raped. The problem is men and how they are taught to treat women.
Common sense has prevented more rapes throughout history than the number of rapes that have been committed.
You don't want to believe it because you think there is something wrong with using common sense.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

The problem is casual sex period! There is no long-term dating now, only this 'hooking up' process, and that is whoring for both sexes.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Rape is a crime. Going to a party is not. Shame on the rapist, not the person who goes to a party.

Is that really unclear?

going to parties is fine. The problem is the expectation of having sex. In my day women were safe, and even if some were passed out drunk, no man would have sex with them; doing so would mean most of their young life in prison.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Kasich maybe able to win by democratic votes. A true first, since some Democrats hate Hillary.

rexlunae

The problem is casual sex period! There is no long-term dating now, only this 'hooking up' process, and that is whoring for both sexes.

I think that's incorrect as a statement of fact, but aside from that, who cares? Why should that lead to rape?

going to parties is fine. The problem is the expectation of having sex. In my day women were safe, and even if some were passed out drunk, no man would have sex with them; doing so would mean most of their young life in prison.

So, what you're saying is that if you teach men to make responsible decisions about sex, there's less rape? Well, fundamentally I agree. Where we potentially differ is the rationale for that self-restraint.

I think you do underestimate the amount of rape that used to occur in a world where all of law enforcement was men, all criminal justice including judges and juries were men, women were not allowed to go out much on their own, and the laws allowed men to use force for sex without it being considered a crime. I think the difference is an awareness gap more than anything. We didn't talk about rape because so few of the victims of it were in positions of power.

glorydaz

It was sort of like having a policeman tell you that it's your responsibility to avoid being robbed by not going out at night. When in fact it's his responsibility to keep the streets safe so that you CAN go out at night without being robbed.

This insane victim-blaming is a consistant habit of republican politicians and their supporters, and that's what various people were objecting to, in this case.

Don't go swimming with sharks and expect the lifeguard to keep you from being eaten. :chew:

glorydaz

It seems to me that rape is a crime, and that the tone to strike is not to emphasize that women shouldn't go places where they might be victims of crimes, but that men shouldn't commit the crimes. It should concern anyone when a person seeking powerful office thinks that it's the responsibility of the potential victims of a crime rather than the perpetrators.

Yeah, let's emphasize to all the robbers, killers, and rapists that men shouldn't commit those crimes....and see how much good that'll do ya. :)

PureX

Don't go swimming with sharks and expect the lifeguard to keep you from being eaten. :chew:
Why should we have to swim with sharks? Keep them out of the pool, and we can all swim without fear.

What puzzles me is that you seem to really like the idea of there BEING SHARKS. It's almost as if you want that ever-present danger of criminality. Why is that?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... it's the woman's responsibility to anticipate the rapist's behaviors and avoid them....

yes, that's part of growing up - being cautious and aware of your surroundings, taking care not to put yourself at risk

It was sort of like having a policeman tell you that it's your responsibility to avoid being robbed by not going out at night in high crime areas wearing a Rolex and waving around fistfuls of cash

indeed it was :thumb:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It was sort of like having a policeman tell you that it's your responsibility to avoid being robbed by not going out at night. When in fact it's his responsibility to keep the streets safe so that you CAN go out at night without being robbed.

Apparently, you've never lived in city limits before.
They'll tell you that in a heartbeat, just in case you didn't know that they aren't omnipresent.

The fact is, you ARE responsible for your own safety and nobody else. Police enforce laws, they are not your personal bodyguard while you go out and be reckless :rolleyes:

This insane victim-blaming is a consistant habit of republican politicians and their supporters

It's not victim blaming to tell someone else common sense. You all have gone as far as to propose 'teaching men not to rape'. That is nothing more than internalized misandry.
You all are a bunch of straight up fools- men sitting there agreeing with that nonsense.

Do you need to be taught not to rape? Then shut it- if you actually went out and preached that to random men that, you would eventually end up in a scrap with someone. Because all it is is insulting men to make yourself look good to women- they insult you and you defend them, like a fool :rolleyes: