Jesus is God.

Prizebeatz1

Drugs? or a stroke? One of them has moral implications and would in fact justify us questioning your judgment, in general, and especially regarding this particular subject matter, because these types of materials are known for prompting people to verbalize in just the sort of way that you're doing it.

Neither. Spiritual awakening and self-realization.

dodge

No. I proved that I don't follow the traditional interpretation of Jesus as God who died on the cross because it is a crock and then I offered an alternative interpretation that makes much more sense. The proof is inside each and every one of us. If we don't find out for ourself we will never know.

Your "proof" is only verifiable by YOU and is not verified in scripture, which proves YOU do not follow God you follow you.

Prizebeatz1

Your "proof" is only verifiable by YOU and is not verified in scripture, which proves YOU do not follow God you follow you.

The soul does not depend on man to verify its existence. Rather, man depends on the soul to verify his existence. As I stated, WE ARE THE PROOF. Is your existence not verifiable? Do you not believe in yourself? We're not going to be able to feel the infinite nature of our existence if we're restricted, limited, diminished, threatened, bullied and told what to think, what to believe and what to do by the collective personality of civilization and society. That kind of conditioning is passed down to us through the dynamics of our child/parent relationships. The fear of punishment is instilled in us as children and most people never outgrow it. It gets projected onto our idea of God and when we face infinite eternal silence and stillness we are scared we are going to be punished in brimstone and hellfire. We are scared of God. We need to see and feel how badly we are controlled by this. Fear does not come from God. The purity of the virgin does not have one fraction of the most tiniest of particles of imperfection. Bank on it forever and for always.

Last edited:

dodge

The soul does not depend on man to verify its existence. Rather, man depends on the soul to verify his existence. As I stated, WE ARE THE PROOF. Is your existence not verifiable? Do you not believe in yourself? We're not going to be able to feel the infinite nature of our existence if we're restricted, limited, diminished, threatened, bullied and told what to think, what to believe and what to do by the collective personality of civilization and society. That kind of conditioning is passed down to us through the dynamics of our child/parent relationships. The fear of punishment is instilled in us as children and most people never outgrow it. It gets projected onto our idea of God and when we face infinite eternal silence and stillness we are scared we are going to be punished in brimstone and hellfire. We are scared of God. We need to see and feel how badly we are controlled by this fear. Fear does not come from God. The purity of the virgin does not have one fraction of the most tiniest of particles of imperfection. Bank on it forever and for always.

You really should base your beliefs on scripture NOT on your personal opinions.

6days

prizebeatz said:
God, heaven and salvation are right here and right now in this exact timeless moment and nowhere else.

Thats not what Jesus taught.

prizebeatz said:
The enemy wants us to worry about the about the future because it ensures we will not see the Kingdom while we are alive
God's Word tells us to be concerned where we will spend eternity.

Rev. 21:8 "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Prizebeatz..... notice that the list of those who are consigned to an eternity in Hell include idolaters. An idolater is described in Rom. 1:25 "They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen."

Prizebeatz1

Thats not what Jesus taught.

God's Word tells us to be concerned where we will spend eternity.

Rev. 21:8 "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Prizebeatz..... notice that the list of those who are consigned to an eternity in Hell include idolaters. An idolater is described in Rom. 1:25 "They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen."

Misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Fear does not come from God.

6days

Misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Fear does not come from God.
It does not require interpretation. God's Word calls your idolatry a sin.

6days

I listen to no man. I listen to the infinite and eternal God, not a god who died on a cross which is only a representation of the real thing.
No prizebeatz.... You are listening to, and being deceived by the same arguments Satan presented to Eve in the garden... 'You can be like God'.

Prizebeatz1

It does not require interpretation. God's Word calls your idolatry a sin.

We've already been through this. The literal interpretation is false. The way these words are being presented is not of God but of the personality and it's need to judge and control through fear. It ain't hard to tell.

Prizebeatz1

No prizebeatz.... You are listening to, and being deceived by the same arguments Satan presented to Eve in the garden... 'You can be like God'.

We've been through this before too. The temptation of the forbidden fruit of judgment is personality's need to claim control and manipulate the world under the premise that it knows what is good and what is bad. The soul is a letting go of control.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We've already been through this. The literal interpretation is false. The way these words are being presented is not of God but of the personality and it's need to judge and control through fear. It ain't hard to tell.
Do you believe that Jesus Christ actually walked the earth, or did the disciples work together to develop all His amazing parables? Who do you think is the source of His parables, in particular? Their wisdom is astounding. Like flashes of lightning between our perceptions and nonfictional reality, they provide sudden wisdom to those who understand their clear messages and morals. They are as if someone figgered out the differential equations that govern humanity and our behavior, both near-term and long-term, socially, individually and globally; and translated them into tropes with such simple concepts that their meaning cuts and slices across and through cultural and language barriers, making a beachhead, heading us back, in a way, toward Babel, when we all spoke one language. Pentecost, in Jerusalem, the Apostles were able to speak every language in the known world. Everybody understood them.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ actually walked the earth, or did the disciples work together to develop all His amazing parables? Who do you think is the source of His parables, in particular? Their wisdom is astounding. Like flashes of lightning between our perceptions and nonfictional reality, they provide sudden wisdom to those who understand their clear messages and morals. They are as if someone figgered out the differential equations that govern humanity and our behavior, both near-term and long-term, socially, individually and globally; and translated them into tropes with such simple concepts that their meaning cuts and slices across and through cultural and language barriers, making a beachhead, heading us back, in a way, toward Babel, when we all spoke one language. Pentecost, in Jerusalem, the Apostles were able to speak every language in the known world. Everybody understood them.

Many people feel threatened that the non-literal translation discounts the historical Jesus. It is one out of several ways to interpret the scriptures. We can decide for ourselves which one is more true. Of course Jesus was a real person but to literally hold him as God is false. It's the making of a god in our own image of a man instead of allowing God to make us in his image which is infinite and eternal. It's a misunderstanding.

But Jesus' teachings are a hundred thousand times as advanced as the literal interpretation. He spoke ancient technology and we have the opportunity to experience the miracles he performed. We become Lazarus raised from the dead. We become the woman hunched over for 35 years. We become the blind man who could not see. We become the lame man who jumps up dancing and praising God. It is more real than surface appearance. The depth and richness of the miraculous divinity of the soul to which these point are astounding.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

So you think the death, burial and resurrection are fake?

IMO the death and burial were probably real but not the resurrection. They can all be seen as symbolic or they can be taken literally. I think it's a mixture of both. There is no rule saying it has to strictly be one or the other but if I had to choose between the two it would be symbolic. Which do you think is more probable?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
IMO the death and burial were probably real but not the resurrection. They can all be seen as symbolic or they can be taken literally. I think it's a mixture of both. There is no rule saying it has to strictly be one or the other but if I had to choose between the two it would be symbolic. Which do you think is more probable?

I think it's 1000 % true that Christ rose on the third day

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

I think it's 1000 % true that Christ rose on the third day

The literal translation means that God actually died. If it was his body and not his spirit then it is not literal and it must mean something else. There is nothing wrong with letting go of a belief that is not true. We think we have to hold on no matter how painful because then we would have to face the guilt and shame of having been wrong for so many years and having to look at and mourn all the turmoil and injustice it has caused humanity. The longer we delay and the more we resist the harder we crash.