Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, that was none other than Jesus.

He came in his Father's name, and now he has a name that only he knows.

It's not Jesus or Christ.

We'll find out what that is when we are changed.

Christ became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. Christ was at the creation, Jesus was born many years later in Bethlehem. Jesus came into existence at his birth. Christ was God's first creation for he is the express image of God and all things were created through him.

Posted from the TOL App!

genuineoriginal

Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, that was none other than Jesus.
The lamb was not slain from the foundation of the world.
You misread the verse.

The foundation of the world is about the names written in the book, not about the lamb slain.

Revelation 13:8
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.​

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.​

Pierac

It's purdy simple.

If Jesus and the Father were working before he came in the flesh, either Jesus lead the way in the wilderness, or he sent a messenger, or he was the messenger.

Jesus has always been God's son.

The Father has always been showing the Son what he does.

Jesus came and declared to us the Father.

The Father declared Jesus his son by the OT prophets

Agency is but a small part in the mystery.

But knowing what it is, opens up more understanding.

It was Jesus who tested Abraham.

The Father already knew he would obey.

He had already dealt Abraham his measure of faith.

Just chew on that for awhile and see where it takes you.

Based upon what???

Silly child.... the Law was given to us by the agency of angels ...

The New Testament puts this theory about the angel of the Lord being Jesus in his preexistence to rest in Hebrews 1: “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son” (v 1-2).
So, the Son of God “did not speak” in the Old Testament days! Back in those days God spoke in various ways and only in “portions,” whether by vision or by prophet or by angel. It is only since Jesus Christ was brought into existence at birth and appeared “in these last days” that we have heard God speak “in his Son.” This is axiomatic. Jesus Christ was not God's messenger before his appearance as a man, born of Mary in history. Look at the scriptures:

Act 7:53 you who received the law as ordained by angels, and yet did not keep it."

Gal 3:19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.

Heb 2:2 For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty,

Now let's review one last example and look at Exodus 23:20-23. Notice 'my name is in him!' (agency)

"Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee by the way ... Take ye heed of him, and hearken unto his voice; provoke him not
(be not rebellious against him): for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him" "But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. "For My angel will go before you(Exodus 23:20-23).

In this passage the angel was to be for Israel in the place of God; he was to speak God's words, and judge them. In fact the angel expressed God's name; he was God for them. Now if this was true of an angel of the Lord, how much more of the Son of God himself? Hence these sayings:

"This is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent ... I (Jesus) have manifested thy name unto (the disciples) ... Holy Father, keep in thy name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one" (John 17:3,6,11).

"I and my Father are one" (John 10:30). One what? One in physical being or one in Spirit!!!

Jesus, then, enjoyed a unity of mind and Spirit with the Father, so that he could say, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9). For the disciples Jesus was in the place of God; he spoke God's words, proclaimed God's truth, and pronounced His judgements.

Hebrews 1:1 makes more sense now:
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, ( as spoken of with the angles...) 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world (ages).

Paul

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. Christ was at the creation, Jesus was born many years later in Bethlehem. Jesus came into existence at his birth. Christ was God's first creation for he is the express image of God and all things were created through him.

Posted from the TOL App!

Where in scripture does it say that Christ was a creation? Where is scripture does it say that Christ became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. Where in scripture does it say Christ was God's first creation?

Pierac

It's purdy simple.

If Jesus and the Father were working before he came in the flesh, either Jesus lead the way in the wilderness, or he sent a messenger, or he was the messenger.

Then so has ADAM!!! or are you just following the traditions of men????

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. :readthis:

I know this is shocking for you to see for the first time... your welcome! :thumb:

Pay attention Adam is also taught to be the Son of God!!! SO... to whom is the last Adam.... Yes... there are others...:rolleyes:

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.... 1Co 15:47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

Both Men from heaven... one made of Earth one made of Spirit... Neither are GOD!!! :think:

So let's review...

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Do you want to continue?

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then so has ADAM!!! or are you just following the traditions of men????

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God. :readthis:

I know this is shocking for you to see for the first time... your welcome! :thumb:

Pay attention Adam is also taught to be the Son of God!!! SO... to whom is the last Adam.... Yes... there are others...:rolleyes:

1Co 15:45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.... 1Co 15:47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

Both Men from heaven... one made of Earth one made of Spirit... Neither are GOD!!! :think:

So let's review...

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Do you want to continue?

Paul

I never said Jesus was God.

Now knowing that slow down, reread my posts and comment on them intelligently.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What more do you want?
Is the extra truth you believe in taught explicitly (fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing merely implied) in scripture?

If you can sum it all up in what you said, there shore is a heap a waste of ink and paper went on for a few thousand years.

Not to mention all these MB's. lol

Matthew 25:22 KJV
He also that had received two talents came and said , Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

genuineoriginal

If you can sum it all up in what you said, there shore is a heap a waste of ink and paper went on for a few thousand years.

John 21:25
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.​

Pierac

It's purdy simple.

The Father has always been showing the Son what he does.

Jesus came and declared to us the Father.

The Father declared Jesus his son by the OT prophets.

Agency is but a small part in the mystery.

But knowing what it is, opens up more understanding.

It was Jesus who tested Abraham.

The Father already knew he would obey.

He had already dealt Abraham his measure of faith.

Just chew on that for awhile and see where it takes you.

It takes me to your traditions of men... I'm glad you can share what your taught on Sunday. But... Try using scripture for once... Show me in scripture where Jesus tested Abraham! :think:

Paul

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It takes me to your traditions of men... I'm glad you can share what your taught on Sunday. But... Try using scripture for once... Show me in scripture where Jesus tested Abraham! :think:

Paul

I dont go to sunday school, it's called seeing clearly when the veil of Christ is removed from the OT.

IOW, I got it from asking him to reveal himself to me.

Rather than going to all those websites you shoulda been prayin' to know him.

Pierac

:sherlock:
I dont go to sunday school, it's called seeing clearly when the veil of Christ is removed from the OT.

IOW, I got it from asking him to reveal himself to me.

Rather than going to all those websites you shoulda been prayin' to know him

Yea... your babbling again.... However... I'm still waiting for you to share that biblical verse that supports your view.... JUST not seeing it here...

How humiliating it must be for you.... to keep ignoring the fact that you have no scripture to back up your traditions of men! :think:

Yet I soooo freely ... Slap you in the face with the Logos the Word of God!!!!:readthis:

Paul

Pierac

I never said Jesus was God.

Now knowing that slow down, reread my posts and comment on them intelligently.

THAT'S MY POINT... YOU HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS ANYTHING!!! :think:

I don't want your opinion... I want your biblical studies that.... you think... support your views!

Jesus never ate with Abraham ... nor sent angles anywhere.... :think:

Paul

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

THAT'S MY POINT... YOU HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS ANYTHING!!! :think:

I don't want your opinion... I want your biblical studies that.... you think... support your views!

Jesus never ate with Abraham ... nor sent angles anywhere.... :think:

Paul

John 5:17 KJV
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto , and I work .

To put this in easy words for you to understand, the verse would go like this......

Up to now the Father works and me too.

Jesus wudn't sittin' on his hands for 3 thousand years.

As far as Abraham, do you suppose the Father did not know Abraham feared Him?

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said , Abraham, Abraham: and he said , Here am I.

12 And he said , Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Pierac

John 5:17 KJV
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto , and I work .

To put this in easy words for you to understand, the verse would go like this......

Up to now the Father works and me too.

Jesus wudn't sittin' on his hands for 3 thousand years.

As far as Abraham, do you suppose the Father did not know Abraham feared Him?

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said , Abraham, Abraham: and he said , Here am I.

12 And he said , Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Sorry, but not a single verse you posted said anything about Jesus eating with Abraham nor sending an angel any where! :readthis:

Also.... What exactly does the "Angel of the LORD" in the O.T. have any bearing to Jesus... what so ever! :rolleyes:

You are familiar with the book of Hebrews correct?

Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers (Abraham) in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son,

Don't see any SON (Jesus) of God speaking long ago to the fathers!!! Only in these last days!!! :readthis:

You going to have to let go of your traditions of men! Time for you to become a seeker of the truth and leave the doctrine of men to them selves! That is why... I support no Orthodox church or allow some blind man who happens to be popular among men to lead me into what to believe or think... like you at present!

I know... kinda suxs, when you see the truth! I'm getting the feeling you will know what I mean... when you start questioning your elders about my post!

ALLOW me to give you an example of your traditions of men bias... YOU MIGHT post to me... well who do you think Jesus really is....

I would simply answer/reply...

Jesus was a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him

How would you react to such a bold Statement... Shock... Blasphemy?? How dare you say such worldly things?? What would you think? :think:

Would you even know... I simply quoted scripture about who scriptures teach Jesus was....

NASB Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know

Your still not seeing the point are you... Blind man.. :cool:
Paul

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sorry, but not a single verse you posted said anything about Jesus eating with Abraham nor sending an angel any where! :readthis:

Also.... What exactly does the "Angel of the LORD" in the O.T. have any bearing to Jesus... what so ever! :rolleyes:

You are familiar with the book of Hebrews correct?

Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers (Abraham) in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son,

Don't see any SON (Jesus) of God speaking long ago to the fathers!!! Only in these last days!!! :readthis:

You going to have to let go of your traditions of men! Time for you to become a seeker of the truth and leave the doctrine of men to them selves! That is why... I support no Orthodox church or allow some blind man who happens to be popular among men to lead me into what to believe or think... like you at present!

I know... kinda suxs, when you see the truth! I'm getting the feeling you will know what I mean... when you start questioning your elders about my post!

ALLOW me to give you an example of your traditions of men bias... YOU MIGHT post to me... well who do you think Jesus really is....

I would simply answer/reply...

Jesus was a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him

How would you react to such a bold Statement... Shock... Blasphemy?? How dare you say such worldly things?? What would you think? :think:

Would you even know... I simply quoted scripture about who scriptures teach Jesus was....

NASB Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know

Your still not seeing the point are you... Blind man.. :cool:
Paul

Not the sharpest pencil in the box are yuh?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The lamb was not slain from the foundation of the world.
You misread the verse.

The foundation of the world is about the names written in the book, not about the lamb slain.

Revelation 13:8
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.​

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.​

Go get yuh, some learnin', novice.

Hebrews 4:3 KJV
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said , As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Pierac

Not the sharpest pencil in the box are yuh?

:chuckle:...

YOU... can only dream of posting like I do... :rolleyes:

I have a new name for you... 1Man1Tradition!

You follow the traditions of men... just like I have exposed over and over again... You have no idea of any concept of claiming 1Mind1Spirit!! You continually post as a Child!!! :rolleyes:

Paul