Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Aimiel

God doesn't share His Glory...

Jesus asked that He glorify Himself with His Glory. How could that be if He were not God?

keypurr

Where in scripture does it say that Christ was a creation?

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;​

Show me ANY IMAGE that is NOT a creation BR. Any image.

Where is scripture does it say that Christ became flesh by dwelling in Jesus.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:​

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.​

What power was Jesus given BR?

Where in scripture does it say Christ was God's first creation?

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even tHeb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
hy God,
hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​

Christ had to be God's first creation if ALL things were made by him.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.​

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.​

keypurr

BR:

Jesus was a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him

How did God do this?

Aimiel

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Isaiah 8:42 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

No one has glory WITH God. Only God.

Another note: we aren't filled with Holy Spirits (plural). We are given The Holy Spirit. He is The Spirit of Christ.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Either you have The Spirit of God (Christ) or you are none of His. Which is it?

keypurr

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Isaiah 8:42 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

No one has glory WITH God. Only God.

Another note: we aren't filled with Holy Spirits (plural). We are given The Holy Spirit. He is The Spirit of Christ.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Either you have The Spirit of God (Christ) or you are none of His. Which is it?

I see nothing here where JESUS gave himself glory.

Christ was given glory by his God. He was made Lord by his Father. All power was given to him by his father. Christ never gave glory to himself, he glorified his father who is his God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see nothing here where JESUS gave himself glory.

Christ was given glory by his God. He was made Lord by his Father. All power was given to him by his father. Christ never gave glory to himself, he glorified his father who is his God.

If Christ was given glory, explain this verse;

Isaiah 42:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

JosephR

8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

every Jewish child knows Gods name is Torah and every letter to the jot and tittle on the Torah is His unspeakable name..

keypurr

Is God considered Lord? Or LORD?
What is the Hebrew used in Isaiah to tell us who is Lord?

I will ask you friend why does Paul say we have ONE GOD and One Lord?
I guess that shows that they are not the same.
Our Lord has a God. God does not have a God or a Lord.

But anyway, the glory of God is not the same as the glory given to Christ.
Christ had glory before he came, he laid the foundation of the universe.

But even he bows down before his God.

Did not Christ say that all power was given to him in heaven and earth?
What does that tell you BR?

Posted from the TOL App!

Aimiel

Is God considered Lord? Or LORD?
What is the Hebrew used in Isaiah to tell us who is Lord?

I will ask you friend why does Paul say we have ONE GOD and One Lord?
I guess that shows that they are not the same.
Thomas disagrees, saying, "My Lord and my God," to Jesus, when he recognized Him. :duh:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The identity of Jesus of Nazareth, in its fullness, is a Holy Spirit revelation.
Without it, it is impossible to see.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The identity of Jesus of Nazareth, in its fullness, is a Holy Spirit revelation.
Without it, it is impossible to see.

and the revelation is--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Leaning from man's religion, does not please God.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thomas disagrees, saying, "My Lord and my God," to Jesus, when he recognized Him. :duh:

Yep!
In the word for word literal Greek, it is, "the Lord of me and the GOD of me!"

How could anyone miss it?

Well...........

Act 7:51

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus is the theos of Thomas, but Jesus is not the God of creation, who is both the Father and God of Jesus.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
and the revelation is--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Leaning from man's religion, does not please God.

LA

What was the Greek word used for God?

You're both dealing with a Divine obstacle and it won't be overcome until you 'turn'. You're shut off from it and your human reasoning will not attain it.

keypurr

You're both dealing with a Divine obstacle and it won't be overcome until you 'turn'. You're shut off from it and your human reasoning will not attain it.

I only know English but it seems to me that the Greek word used was theos. I will have to look that up if I have time tomorrow.

glorydaz

Jesus is the theos of Thomas, but Jesus is not the God of creation, who is both the Father and God of Jesus.

LA

LA, like satan, only likes to tell a half truth which, in turn, is a full lie.

How is it then, LA, that "His name is called the Word of God" - Rev. 19:13KJV, and He was with God, and was God in the beginning? John 1:1KJV
How is it that He created all things and was before all things? How is it that without Him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:3KJV

Col. 1:16-17KJV
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​

This part of the truth is what LA refuses to confess...Christ as LORD and our only Saviour (God)....the Lord our God is one LORD. LA worships some lesser god...one who only had godhood bestowed on him at baptism. That's not right. :nono:

Pierac

Agency...

Gal 3:19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.

1st the angels... now His son...

Heb 1:1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through (Dia) whom also He (God) made the world.

:think:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul