Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Pierac

You're both dealing with a Divine obstacle and it won't be overcome until you 'turn'. You're shut off from it and your human reasoning will not attain it.

So... Your saying Jesus can be God... and then still claim to have a God? :think:

Deu 4:35 "To you it was shown that you might know that the LORD, He is God; there is no other besides Him….39"Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the
LORD, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

Deu 32:39 'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can
deliver from My hand.

Isa 44:6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

Isa 45:5 "I am YHWH and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

Yet... Jesus preaches and teaches about His God!

Joh 17:25 "O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; 26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

"I (Jesus) made known to them your name and I will make it known."

Jesus obviously did not come to inform the Apostles that God’s name is YHWH. He came to explain God’s character, His attributes, His will, so that we could come to truly know God!

Perhaps it is you to whom is dealing with... a Divine obstacle and it won't be overcome until you 'turn'

KNOW THIS!!! Scripture is very clear.... You can not be God and then claim to Have one! That's a no brainer!!! :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

keypurr

Jesus is the theos of Thomas, but Jesus is not the God of creation, who is both the Father and God of Jesus.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

LA

I could be wrong but I think theos means a god, not God.

Posted from the TOL App!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I could be wrong but I think theos means a god, not God.

Posted from the TOL App!

Theos is used both ways. Context determines meaning, and.....the definite article.

"the God of me" is referring to the only true GOD.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one infinite being who is GOD intrinsically.

There are finite beings who are called 'gods' in scripture.

keypurr

Lets assume Jesus is God, then who did he pray to?

Being God did he pray to himself?

Silly when you think of it that way.

keypurr

Christ has always been God.

Christ is a creation.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

ALL IMAGES are creations.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ is a creation.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

ALL IMAGES are creations.

Nope! Christ is not only, The Son of God but, He is, God the Son!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

An effect reveals a likeness to its cause.
A cause is always greater than its effect.
Man is personal being.
Man is created in GOD's likeness.
GOD is the cause, man is the effect.
Man is personal.
GOD is super-personal.

There is no basis for a personal self-consciousness in man as an effect unless this personal self-consciousness is first found in GOD the cause.
Self-consciousness requires a knower and a known, plus a knower which knows that the knower is known.
In this trinal dynamic there is no need for persons greater than three within this super-personal being-GOD, however, there is the minimum necessity of three persons. Whatever one chooses to call the three distinctions, historically the term 'person' has been the popular choice.
The revealed terms which GOD chose to use in the Scriptures are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three are persons and equal in 'being'.

Rationally, GOD as an absolute singular person does not work when we consider what we may know about man and self-consciousness and then when we consider what is revealed in Scripture.

We all make our choices though, at the cross-road, one choice brings us closer to the Creator, the other further away.

Aimiel

When I teach my kids how to use manners, I say, " Dad, may I please have a cookie?" I guess I'm silly. Jesus taught us how to pray by doing the same.

keypurr

LA, like satan, only likes to tell a half truth which, in turn, is a full lie.

How is it then, LA, that "His name is called the Word of God" - Rev. 19:13KJV, and He was with God, and was God in the beginning? John 1:1KJV
How is it that He created all things and was before all things? How is it that without Him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:3KJV

Col. 1:16-17KJV
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.​

This part of the truth is what LA refuses to confess...Christ as LORD and our only Saviour (God)....the Lord our God is one LORD. LA worships some lesser god...one who only had godhood bestowed on him at baptism. That's not right. :nono:

Half truth indeed, read it all my friend.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

God created everything THROUGH Christ.

Now look at verse 3:

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This IMAGE sat down on the right hand of God. So he is not the most high God. And being an IMAGE he is a creation.

Now keep in mind that I did not write the book.

Christ is a form of God but NOT the most high God.

keypurr

Nope! Christ is not only, The Son of God but, He is, God the Son!

Are you trying to rewriteh the book GM?

Christ is the express IMAGE of God. Heb 1:3, Col 1:15 and 2 Cor 4:4.

ALL IMAGES are creations

Note this verse GM:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

The IMAGE of the invisible God AND the firstborn of every CREATURE.

Did you notice the word CREATURE GM?

Christ is a CREATION and the Father was pleased that he had his fullness.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

The words are there GM, study them.

keypurr

An effect reveals a likeness to its cause.
A cause is always greater than its effect.
Man is personal being.
Man is created in GOD's likeness.
GOD is the cause, man is the effect.
Man is personal.
GOD is super-personal.

There is no basis for a personal self-consciousness in man as an effect unless this personal self-consciousness is first found in GOD the cause.
Self-consciousness requires a knower and a known, plus a knower which knows that the knower is known.
In this trinal dynamic there is no need for persons greater than three within this super-personal being-GOD, however, there is the minimum necessity of three persons. Whatever one chooses to call the three distinctions, historically the term 'person' has been the popular choice.
The revealed terms which GOD chose to use in the Scriptures are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three are persons and equal in 'being'.

Rationally, GOD as an absolute singular person does not work when we consider what we may know about man and self-consciousness and then when we consider what is revealed in Scripture.

We all make our choices though, at the cross-road, one choice brings us closer to the Creator, the other further away.

Man was NOT created in the express likeness of God for God is a spirit, as is Christ before he took the form of man.

keypurr

When I teach my kids how to use manners, I say, " Dad, may I please have a cookie?" I guess I'm silly. Jesus taught us how to pray by doing the same.

That is good Aimiel but Jesus was not asking for a cookie.

Jesus has a God. If Jesus has a God then he is NOT God for there is on ONE TRUE GOD. Jesus tells you that in John 17:3.

Jesus was praying to his God. He taught us to pray to his God.
Paul told you we have ONE God and ONE Lord.

Do you believe your Lord or your church?