Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

Really... I think not!!! Let's review... :think:

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Paul gives his definitive statement on the Godhead in the book of Corinthians. He draws a clear-cut distinction between the Lord God and the Lord Messiah: “There is no God but one… For us there is but one God, the father, from [ek] whom are all things, and we exist exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Messiah, through [dia] whom are all things, and we exist through [dia] him” (1 Cor.8;4,6).

Notice how Paul here carefully distinguishes between the “one God, the Father” and the “one Lord” that is “Jesus Messiah.” Paul has in no way scuttled his Jewish Unitarian monotheistic creed. His confession is squarely based on the distinction of the two Lords in Palms 110:1, The LORD God (Adonai) and the Lord Messiah (adoni). Jesus is the divinely appointed Lord Christ as distinct from the Lord God.

Let's review these two Greek words... I discussed above...

G1223
διά
dia; a prim. prep.; through, on account of, because of: - account (4), after (2), afterward (1), always *(2), because (111), between *(1), briefly *(1), charge *(1), constantly (1), continually *(6), during (1), forever *(1), gives (1), means (3), over (1), presence (1), reason (40), sake (41), sakes (5), since (1), so then *(1), so *(1), therefore *(16), this reason *(1), this *(1), though (1), through (225), through the agency (1), through *(1), view (2), way (3), what (1), why (3), why *(27).

And the little word “of” better known by the Greek word ek

εκ, εξ
ek ex
A primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence motion or action proceeds), from, out (of place, time or cause; literally or figuratively; direct or remote): - after, among, X are, at betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+ abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), + grudgingly, + heartily, X heavenly, X hereby, + very highly, in, . . . ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, X thenceforth, through, X unto, X vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.

Dia is the “preposition of attendant circumstances" and signifies instrumental agency. Put simply, this means that dia denotes the means by which an action is accomplished. And Scripture tells us that God the originator is bringing His purpose, His logos to fulfillment through Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Agent, the Mediator of God's master plan. Jesus is always seen as secondary, or subordinate to the Father. There are occasional exceptions to this general use of the preposition dia. Sometimes blessings are said to come to us through God (e.g. 1 Cor 1:9; Heb.2: 10). But usually there is a clear distinction made between God’s initiating activity and the means through which God brings that activity to pass. The prepositions used of God's action are hypo and ek which point to primary causation or origin. Let's cement this idea in our minds by looking at one or two verses that highlight the difference: “yet for us there is but one God, the father, from [ek,‘out from’ ] whom are all things, and we exist for [ eis, ‘to’ ] Him; and one lord, Jesus Christ, through [dia] him” (1Cor.8:6).

Prepositions are the signposts that point out the direction of a passage. Ek indicates something
coming out from its source or origin, and indicates motion from the interior. In other words, all things came out from the loving heart of God, or God's “interior”, so to speak.

This agrees with Genesis 1:1 which says, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth”. Both verses say that the source of “all things” is the one true God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth and the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. In contradistinction to this "one God and Father" out of Whom all things originate, the "one Lord, Jesus Messiah” is giving the preposition dia which means "through." In other words, Jesus is God's agent through whom God accomplishes His plan for our lives. This is a consistent pattern all the way through the N.T. God the Father is the source, the origin of all blessings, and Jesus His Son brings those blessings of
salvation to us:

"Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ" (2 Cor.5:18).

"God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ… has blessed us… in Christ. He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to himself” (Eph.1:3-5).

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess.5:9).

"God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus” (Rom. 2:16).

"For God… has saved us, and called us... according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity" (2 Tim 1:9).

"Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has caused us to be born-again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3).

"To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen" (Jude 25).

"Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which god performed through him in your midst" (Acts 2:22).

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Paul tell us in 1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through (dia) whom we exist. Always God the Father is the source and origin of all works, deeds and salvation which come to us through the mediatorship of his son.

Study harder!
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

More truth for your digestion. Paul I envy your wisdom my friend. I pray that folks will see what your trying to show them.

keypurr

Could you tell me why the scripture says that it is through Jesus that all things are and through him we exist?

I can answer that BR. God created all things through his son Christ. Christ was given the fullness of the father. In effect, God created a copy of himself, a powerful spirit like himself. Phil 2 says that he was a form of God that took the form of man.

We have a lot to learn about spiritual beings friend. Christ had to be God's first creation. He reflected the glory of his God and Father.

Pierac

I still turn my cheeks. I'm guilty for wasting my energy just turning my neck. Sad that 99% of neg reps, in all my 8 years, are coming from this one emotional reaper guy who has time.

What? I don't even know who you are... :AMR:

WOW!!!
:kookoo:
Paul

Pierac

Could you tell me why the scripture says that it is through Jesus that all things are and through him we exist?

You need to answer your own question... study the Greek word Dia. through, or more accurately on account of

Study the Hebraic concept of Agency if you truly want to understand who and what Jesus really was/is and is to come. ;)

I have a well informed but some what long post on the topic of Agency if you would like for me to post it, I will. I would have offered a link... but my Trinity Talk thread was deleted by a non-Trinitarian mod who hated how easily I exposed the traditions of men on that topic!

Paul

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can answer that BR. God created all things through his son Christ. Christ was given the fullness of the father. In effect, God created a copy of himself, a powerful spirit like himself. Phil 2 says that he was a form of God that took the form of man.

We have a lot to learn about spiritual beings friend. Christ had to be God's first creation. He reflected the glory of his God and Father.

Another "baloney" salesman! You're good at it KP!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to answer your own question... study the Greek word Dia. through, or more accurately on account of

Study the Hebraic concept of Agency if you truly want to understand who and what Jesus really was/is and is to come. ;)

I have a well informed but some what long post on the topic of Agency if you would like for me to post it, I will. I would have offered a link... but my Trinity Talk thread was deleted by a non-Trinitarian mod who hated how easily I exposed the traditions of men on that topic!

Paul

I'd appreciate the article, thank you.

keypurr

Who do you think you are kidding? Bright Raven says those who do not believe Jesus is God are not saved. I believe Jesus is the same as God the Father, and Bright Raven says I am not saved. Bright Raven is your enemy.

No man is my enemy GT. I only have friends.
Your my friend and so is BR.

We all need to agree to disagree without disliking the person who disagrees with us.

Knowing Christ is loving mankind as well as loving God.
Accept their faults as they should yours.
I do not agree with you on most issues,
but I respect your right to think differently from me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think I see where you are going with this. Tell me if I'm right.

Deuteronomy 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Obedience would get you a long life, four score years maybe.

The Year of Jubilee, a return of all that is taken away and the remission of sin.

Hey BR, I found a way to get rid of Pierac! Simply put him and
other "oddballs" on ignore! It's been working for GM!

keypurr

Ahem!

I Corinthians 8:6 KJV "one lord Jesus Christ" not "one lord, Jesus Christ"

Do we have to teach you to read as well?

She is not interested in truth.
There are church folks and there are Christ followers.
Church folks follow the fables of their early church fathers who thought the world was flat.

keypurr

Another "baloney" salesman! You're good at it KP!

How would you know if it is "baloney" GM?

You do not display a knowledge of scripture, you only scorn thoes who do. You fail to understand the words of Christ so I do not expect your to understand my words either.

JOHN 17:3

Listen to your Pastor or listen to Christ, your choice friend.

God's Truth

No man is my enemy GT. I only have friends.
Your my friend and so is BR.

We all need to agree to disagree without disliking the person who disagrees with us.

Knowing Christ is loving mankind as well as loving God.
Accept their faults as they should yours.
I do not agree with you on most issues,
but I respect your right to think differently from me.

Bright Raven is not my friend. He is foul mouthed to me and condemns himself for so judging me.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
When have I ever used profanity toward you!!

She's chewed up.

Most folks are, who think that the virtue we add to our faith is charity which comes last.

The virtue that we add to our faith first thing is courage and strength.

Little scripture proof?

Jesus felt virtue which is strength go out of himself when the woman touched the hem of his garment.

She purdy much has the whole word of God upside down backwards, and has never been converted.